Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Speaker to Animals

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 am

Jeff Bezos became a billionaire through graft and freeloading on tax subsidies.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 am
Wrong.

If it were that simple, we’d all be billionaires.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:05 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 am
Wrong.

If it were that simple, we’d all be billionaires.
No. I am 100% correct. It's documented fact. He makes deals with politicians to skip out on taxes. Then he benefits from subsidized labor when we pay welfare to his employees who, if they had to choose between working at a low wage and welfare, would choose welfare, thus prompting him to raise wages.

I mean.. I could solve the minimum wage problem right now without price controls by simply prohibiting welfare and assistance to people who work jobs, and increasing welfare payments to hold workers over until employers raise wages.

You have no concept of how supply and demand works. You have no concept of incentives and their effects on markets. Minimum wage is a thing because people like Jeff Bezos can subsidize labor and fuck with the free labor market through the graft of h1b and illegal immigration.

You can see the moral hazard just fine when some joe blow worker gets a minimum wage hike, but when Jeff Bezos gets the gibs you just want his dick down your throat with just the balls hanging out.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:09 am

That’s among the stupidest things I’ve heard you say.

But ok. In Milspecs and StA world all Jeff Bezos did was “graft and tax subsidies” for fourteen years without seeing a net quarterly profit, and now he’s worth north of $100billion, so of course every pissant he’s given a job to is entitled to more.

Why don’t their lazy asses go do “graft and tax subsidies” for fourteen years like Jeff?

Because that stupid narrative only exists to justify the ends - taking rewards they never earned for sacrifices they never made, that’s why.

Zzzzzzzzz
Last edited by DBTrek on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 am

He's definitely a cash hoarder for cash hoardings sake, they don't return cash to their workers, nor their shareholders.

And the stock price is based on the premise that they will own everything some day, even tho that's unlikely.
Nec Aspera Terrent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 am

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 am
I’d support a scheme that links pay for everyone else in a company to management compensation.
My work offers shares at 50% of the listed price - salary sacrificed so the money comes out before tax.

2.5K of my untaxed money each year, and 2.5K of their money each year gives me plenty of incentive to make sure the place makes money, and them plenty of incentive to help me do it. Seems like a win/win to me, rather than bankrupting a place that has mouth breathers that only turn up for a paycheck, and really couldn't care if the company goes balls up 5 years from now.

And nobody is making them do it. They just see the sense in the buy in. They'll get more out of the staff there that way than a buck or so pay rise (67c after the govt takes its cut, of course).

What do I care that the owner is a multi billionaire making more money in an hour than I do in a year? I'm going to retire on a good wicket, and life is pretty good right now.
Outside of the philosophical, don’t invest more in an employee stock purchase plan than you can afford to lose. Too much is outside the employees’ sphere of influence. I lost about $100K some years ago and it had nothing to do with the employees’ work ethic.

That said, you assume much. Were all manufacturing jobs filled by mouth breathers in the past? Because those are the people filling the amazon warehouses now. And what eventually happens when the bezos of the world have everything and the workers have nothing? He’s insulated from the results of his actions but all the middle income people who work for him aren’t.
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 am

Yeah, if there's ever been a rotten crook who takes every penny he steals and sticks it in his gold vault, it's Bezos.

DB, have you ever considered, even for a moment, all the harm and damage Bezos has caused all over the U.S., and indeed the world? Everywhere he goes, he leaves the people destitute and starving, if they're lucky. If they are truly unlucky, Bezos turns them into wage slaves, begging the taxpayers for enough money for a can of Alpo.

If Bezos were prosecuted for every time he's extorted some noble county commissioner or city councilperson, he'd be put away for 10,000 years.

All we really need is some more government to shut these destroyers of humanity down.

Right after Bezos, we get the Waltons. And then we shut down every landscape company and every other small business owner with the nerve to buy a McMansion unless they follow the rules *we* decide are best for human happiness.

:proud:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am

I don't care what he does as long as he stops running his business on the tax-payer dime.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am

Don't own anything that doesn't pay you to own it, no dividend no buy backs no tax efficient return to the shareholders, no thanks, do not reward the cash hoarders.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 am

Outside of the philosophical, don’t invest more in an employee stock purchase plan than you can afford to lose. Too much is outside the employees’ sphere of influence. I lost about $100K some years ago and it had nothing to do with the employees’ work ethic.

That said, you assume much. Were all manufacturing jobs filled by mouth breathers in the past? Because those are the people filling the amazon warehouses now. And what eventually happens when the bezos of the world have everything and the workers have nothing? He’s insulated from the results of his actions but all the middle income people who work for him aren’t.
Life is risk. Investment doubly so. Hell, for all I know I could wake up dead tomorrow. And 2.5K a year is just loose change. I'd live if it fell apart. And it would really have to fall apart for me to not get my 50% investment which would be break even. I'm cool with it, especially as it is working, and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to. People gotta eat, right? Even in the toughest of times.

I assume nothing. You are the one assuming. I'd Trump 30% of the people I work with tomorrow if I had the power. Fired, fired, fired. Kerry Packer (media mogul in Oz and now gone) used to do unannounced walk throughs in his many places once a year, and god help you if you had your feet up on the desk when he came in. Fired. Fuck them and fuck their minimum wage. I work 12 hour shifts. Hard work. Days and nights. I work my arse off because I like my job and love the challenges, but when I see one of those union protected mouth breathers that do the bare minimum, and then agitate for pay rises I have a barely constrained urge to stab them in the face (yeah, I carry a knife as part of my job). Fuck them. Give me their pay and let them go starve somewhere.

As for Bezo... well I wouldn't work for him. I'm not some high school drop out or a single mum that would rather fuck than plan for the future. I'm my own man that will do what I have to do to put food on the table, and good luck to those that figured out how to eat lobster each night.
Carlin delenda est