Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Martin Hash

Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 07, 2016 7:21 am

You can't force customers to pay more than a service is worth to them. Those kids who twirl signs on the street corner to buy $6 pizza at a failing ma & pa franchise, those folk's jobs won't be around at $15 Minimum Wage. It goes against logic to think that the only thing that defies Market Forces is wages, that if an employee costs more it has no effect on jobs? It's nonsensical to think that if a job isn't worth paying a Living Wage, it's a job not worth doing.

There is no "proper" compensation. Who's to say what a job is worth? Someone-who-knows-it-all? The biased people who do the job? The biased business owners? Economies & markets can't be controlled, and they can't be predicted, and there's nobody who knows better about what you want than you, and I'm talking about business owners, employees, and nincompoops of all kinds. Market Forces determine compensation. Well, that and luck, mostly, but we'll say "Market Forces" just to keep from giving up altogether.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Fife » Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 pm

A May Day Tale: Seattle Worker Loves $15 Minimum Wage — Until He Loses His Job

Jeran wonders about all the rallies that were supposed to be about making life better for people like him.

“If that's the truth, I don't think that's very apparent. People like me are finding themselves in a tougher situation than ever.”

Shah Burnham is concerned about where her employees will end up when she does close.

“I absolutely am terrified for them. I have no idea where they're going to find jobs, because if I’m cutting hours, I imagine everyone is across the board.”

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Work minimum wage

Worry about job security

Fuck these cucks. I thought you were all for chucking the chaff into the thresher. Seriously what is the problem here? These jobs were meant for kids just starting off in the employment world. Not to be held down by POC and squatamalens for eternity. Fuck.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon May 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:You can't force customers to pay more than a service is worth to them. Those kids who twirl signs on the street corner to buy $6 pizza at a failing ma & pa franchise, those folk's jobs won't be around at $15 Minimum Wage. It goes against logic to think that the only thing that defies Market Forces is wages, that if an employee costs more it has no effect on jobs? It's nonsensical to think that if a job isn't worth paying a Living Wage, it's a job not worth doing.

There is no "proper" compensation. Who's to say what a job is worth? Someone-who-knows-it-all? The biased people who do the job? The biased business owners? Economies & markets can't be controlled, and they can't be predicted, and there's nobody who knows better about what you want than you, and I'm talking about business owners, employees, and nincompoops of all kinds. Market Forces determine compensation. Well, that and luck, mostly, but we'll say "Market Forces" just to keep from giving up altogether.
Min wages work when you invoke Tarrifs - keeps the bottom from falling out due to Globalism.....but with no Tarrifs, all it does it speed up outsourcing.....

I'm convinced the DNC doesn't give a fuck about proles though.....The DNC in CT is pushing for $15/hr even in the face state insolvency due to declining tax receipts...Makes one wonder if the DNC is trying to collapse capitalism....

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 01, 2017 6:31 pm

The Equality (Marxist) arm of the Democratic Party is certainly anti-Capitalist, Workers-own-the-means-of-production people. Don't confuse today's Democrats with Liberals of the past: these folks are straight-up Collectivists.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Shit, since we have arbitrarily decided that a fiat currency that is constantly depreciating is the only possible way to think about compensation, why don't we just let the market dictate that a person works for nothing but a promissory note for board and some food at the company store. Maybe on holidays the boss will pass out some whiskey if you work real hard.

As long as it isn't 'collectivist.' God forbid workers own any of the capital built from their labor, might as well fire up the gulags amirite?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 am

I'm thinking that besides having your name on your underwear, you also got a commie flag.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 am

I think minimum wages are a simple minded solution to a complicated problem. Only slightly less simple minded than 'let them eat cake.'

...and how do you know which underwear is your's then super genius?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 am

Martin Hash wrote:I'm thinking that besides having your name on your underwear, you also got a commie flag.
And a chocolate bar once a week. And a quart of vodka every day.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue May 02, 2017 6:03 am

So we all agree there should be some sensible rules regarding what counts as appropriate compensation... or is that already strangling the life out of the free market?
HAIL!

-Hwen