Social Justice Warriors Thread

TheReal_ND

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:37 pm
They probably weren't going to see much of anything in terms of tax revenue from Amazon. They might have been able to tax the workers, I guess. Not worth it.

Oh I'm sure they wanted quite a bit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Basically, these rent-seeking corporations will travel around the country, shopping for the best tax deal to move a campus in. Then when the deal is up, they will threaten to leave if it's not extended.

What can keep them there is the opportunity loss if the area has a huge number of highly skilled workers (like Seattle) that would be more difficult to convince to relocate elsewhere.

Part of the fucking problem with the tech industry is that it's concentrated in the most ass-fucked parts of America. Seattle. San Francisco. New York. This is why all these companies have such pozzed policies. These people working there live in a bubble. They think their progressive worldview literally is the entire discourse. So when they encounter people completely outside their bubble, they are quick to shut it down as "extreme".

It would behoove us to spread this shit out a bit more.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Yeah I don't understand why he isn't begging Houston for whatever he was trying to get. It's literally the center of country. I think people like him are just above having to stoop so low as to call Houston home. Houston would be like, "what do you want?"

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:16 pm
I'm not convinced Democrats all the way up didn't screw the deal up and are happy to let her take the "victory."
After the 2020 census NY state is going to lose a house seat rumour has it our crazy eyed friend is going to get aced out. But dont call it gerrymandering cause according to dirty dick and English Flaggot only the evil GOP does that.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:02 pm

FACT CHECK
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=gerrymander
Only 6 uses of the word gerrymander on the MHF.
4 from Cuntflop
1 from Smitty
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am
The Trump effect is just gerrymandering on a national scale, the GOP has gerrymandered the whole fuckin' country now, they have been working for decades at the state legislature level, to gerrymander the whole kibbutz, and at this point, they have the Democrats boxed in, trapped, in a deep Blue, but very narrow distribution.
1 from SF where he explicitly states he thinks it's shit whoever does it.
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 pm
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I'm as annoyed by that as the gerrymandering by Republicans. It's two major shitstorms combining every election to fuck the People.
:roll: :lol:
Weak loser excuses are for weak losers. Keep making them for your loser of a party. You gerrymander yourselves, you build and live in those bubbles.

You live a cloistered life, you should get out more.
I'm not in any of those areas. Still not a democrat either. Keep beating that horse, slugger.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Idk I feel like I mentioned it before once or twice. I've always viewed if favorably. Why shouldn't districts be drawn to accurately reflect their constituents?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:12 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Idk I feel like I mentioned it before once or twice. I've always viewed if favorably. Why shouldn't districts be drawn to accurately reflect their constituents?
Gerrymandering gets more results (54) but still no examples of SF being partisan and I have never used it before this post.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... ymandering

Cuntflop and Smitty are the two most regular users.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm

INB4 we hear Cuntflop tell us that facts don’t matter because Communism and stuff.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm
INB4 we hear Cuntflop tell us that facts don’t matter because Communism and stuff.
You guys doing your best poltifact impressions, fact checking things I never alleged. Great Job. Undercover hack bitches gonna hack bitch. Proving my point right here. Wont attack the libs who do it or hold them to any account but theyll sure as shit attack the poster who points that out.

Also counting post where I quote someone using the word but I dont use word in the response is the kind of dishonesty one could expect from someone raising 3 kids probably not his and another one who wants to bed them.
Last edited by clubgop on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Bezos pulls out. Well, his company is....pulling out of plans for a HQ2 in New York.

AOC in her infinite stupidity cheered it as a victory.

Here's one of her statements:
"The city was paying for those jobs so frankly if we were willing to give Amazon so if we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers, we can fix our subways, we can put a lot of people to work for that money if we wanted to."
There is no $3 billion without Amazon. You don't get the tax money from a company that isn't going to be there to pay those taxes. I wonder if they are still trying to explain this to her.

I also heard a quick sound byte from her on Fox where she said something along the lines of "there were no guarantees from Amazon that these jobs would go to native New Yorkers" which is one of reasons she gave for opposing it. In other words, she is against people from somewhere else coming into her area and taking her people's jobs. :think:
Bezos probably found out about the local Union culture and wisely decided to have none of it.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck