Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Ph64 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am

I think most people I've been around (black, mixed, white, hispanic) follow the law because they don't want to be hassled socially, reciprocity, and legal consequences. For students its mostly about the fear of getting caught more than the actual punishment , whatever that might be.
The crime stats indicate otherwise. Whites and East Asians in particular show a distinct bias for following the law. That's not to say we have no criminals. It's just not that prevalent, especially amongst Asians.

On the other hand, blacks show a distinct bias for loyalty to the tribe and much less respect for the law as a viable thing. I know from my experiences in Chicago, the blacks have their own sense of duty to their immediate tribe/neighborhood/etc and whenever the state or city law opposed that, they very often violated that law. They have a completely different mode of operating from us.
Yea there are plenty of whites in prison, jail, parole, halfway houses, suspended licenses, etc. plus many more that simply haven't gotten caught yet or got slapped on the wrist and put through the "system" in a conventional official way.

China and other Asian countries will often not officially document their crimes and criminals in the same manner say Canada, U.S. , and Australia does for example. Where does South Asian since they are a billion people factor into all this? Somewhere closer to "whites" than to "blacks" id suppose.

I don't think you can remove the "family/household/parenting" element from the conditioning either. Its not solely biological. Its not that clean cut. Certainly whites have more of a proclivity to get married and have kids together than the 80% of blacks that dont but even whites numbers are steadily getting worse or more closer to blacks. Family / parents provide incentives and guidance for kids to not get into trouble or once they are they give them ways out of legal consequences or help alleviate them lets say more effectively than blacks tend to be able and or willing to do.

I think there are whites that are lacking in risk aversion, compliance, and are pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior by doing things like joining the military, extreme sports, firefighting, and other dangerous jobs instead of slinging crack or tagging the local rundown bridge etc.
I would be interested in crime rates in the US pre-1960s, when the white illegitimacy rate was like 5% and the black only maybe 25% or less. Back before the breakdown of families, no-fault divorce, etc.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 am

The crime stats indicate otherwise. Whites and East Asians in particular show a distinct bias for following the law. That's not to say we have no criminals. It's just not that prevalent, especially amongst Asians.

On the other hand, blacks show a distinct bias for loyalty to the tribe and much less respect for the law as a viable thing. I know from my experiences in Chicago, the blacks have their own sense of duty to their immediate tribe/neighborhood/etc and whenever the state or city law opposed that, they very often violated that law. They have a completely different mode of operating from us.
Yea there are plenty of whites in prison, jail, parole, halfway houses, suspended licenses, etc. plus many more that simply haven't gotten caught yet or got slapped on the wrist and put through the "system" in a conventional official way.

China and other Asian countries will often not officially document their crimes and criminals in the same manner say Canada, U.S. , and Australia does for example. Where does South Asian since they are a billion people factor into all this? Somewhere closer to "whites" than to "blacks" id suppose.

I don't think you can remove the "family/household/parenting" element from the conditioning either. Its not solely biological. Its not that clean cut. Certainly whites have more of a proclivity to get married and have kids together than the 80% of blacks that dont but even whites numbers are steadily getting worse or more closer to blacks. Family / parents provide incentives and guidance for kids to not get into trouble or once they are they give them ways out of legal consequences or help alleviate them lets say more effectively than blacks tend to be able and or willing to do.

I think there are whites that are lacking in risk aversion, compliance, and are pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior by doing things like joining the military, extreme sports, firefighting, and other dangerous jobs instead of slinging crack or tagging the local rundown bridge etc.
I would be interested in crime rates in the US pre-1960s, when the white illegitimacy rate was like 5% and the black only maybe 25% or less. Back before the breakdown of families, no-fault divorce, etc.
Useful graph
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ ... nwards.png

Useful study but not directly your question.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr ... 006acc.pdf

Interesting article about the percentage uptick in violence over the past couple recent years. (still lower than the 1980s)
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/01/ ... ising.html
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:14 am
Christians are a conflicted combination of Globalism and Nationalism; OTOH they believe their morals should be adopted universally, and New Testament doctrine is very Marxist; but they are also very traditionalist, fraternalistic & conservative.
They should be universally adopted because they are righteous. There is a constant tension and wrestling with the balancing act between the City of God and the City of Man.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:28 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:14 am
Christians are a conflicted combination of Globalism and Nationalism; OTOH they believe their morals should be adopted universally, and New Testament doctrine is very Marxist; but they are also very traditionalist, fraternalistic & conservative.
They should be universally adopted because they are righteous. There is a constant tension and wrestling with the balancing act between the City of God and the City of Man.
Uhhh... Yeah.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Silence this heathen

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 am

This could be pretty effective around the office, actually . . .

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 am
This could be pretty effective around the office, actually . . .

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Bezos pulls out. Well, his company is....pulling out of plans for a HQ2 in New York.

AOC in her infinite stupidity cheered it as a victory.

Here's one of her statements:
"The city was paying for those jobs so frankly if we were willing to give Amazon so if we were willing to give away $3 billion for this deal, we could invest those $3 billion in our district ourselves if we wanted to. We could hire out more teachers, we can fix our subways, we can put a lot of people to work for that money if we wanted to."
There is no $3 billion without Amazon. You don't get the tax money from a company that isn't going to be there to pay those taxes. I wonder if they are still trying to explain this to her.

I also heard a quick sound byte from her on Fox where she said something along the lines of "there were no guarantees from Amazon that these jobs would go to native New Yorkers" which is one of reasons she gave for opposing it. In other words, she is against people from somewhere else coming into her area and taking her people's jobs. :think:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm not convinced Democrats all the way up didn't screw the deal up and are happy to let her take the "victory."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:37 pm

They probably weren't going to see much of anything in terms of tax revenue from Amazon. They might have been able to tax the workers, I guess. Not worth it.