Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:29 am
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:28 am

No fucking shit. Because we imposed isolation measures, genius.
No, because those estimates were based on a small sample size and now the data shows something very different
Uh.. yeah. You are talking out of ignorance again. Learn to math. I am not going to play these silly games with you.
I know how to math, you just cherry pick old out of date estimates, because they paint a bleaker picture, you don't use the up to date information, because they paint a less bleak picture

Don't snow
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:32 am

Xenophon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
No, because those estimates were based on a small sample size and now the data shows something very different
Also, the previous estimate of 2 million deaths had supposedly taken social isolation measures into account.
No, they did not. I read the fucking paper from the Imperial College of London. It was the upper count of deaths if we did nothing in the US.
Imperial college has since drastically lowered their estimates, but you didn't read that paper, because you want to cling to old data that plays your confirmation bias, instead of looking at the up to date math

Why is the new Imperial College of London data wrong now all of a sudden and it was right before with less data and evidence? Riddle me that, dumbass.
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 am

Xenophon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Also, the previous estimate of 2 million deaths had supposedly taken social isolation measures into account.
No, they did not. I read the fucking paper from the Imperial College of London. It was the upper count of deaths if we did nothing in the US.
I stand corrected.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:36 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 am
Xenophon wrote:

I stand corrected.
You were mislead, not corrected. StA is citing an old Imperial College of London model to cherry pick a higher death count projection, and ignoring the new Imperial College of London model, because it has lower death count projection

He's full of shit, as usual, it's just pure confirmation bias, even the source he says is an authority disagrees with him now, he's that dumb
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 am

Reading French study on use of HCQ: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/ ... 0_vD1v.pdf
The study was performed at IHU Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France. A cohort of 1061
COVID-19 patients, treated for at least 3 days with the HCQ-AZ combination and a follow-up
of at least 9 days was investigated. Endpoints were death, worsening and viral shedding
persistence
From March 3rd to April 9th, 2020, 59,655 specimens from 38,617 patients were tested for
COVID-19 by PCR. Of the 3,165 positive patients placed in the care of our institute, 1061
previously unpublished patients met our inclusion criteria. Their mean age was 43.6 years old
and 492 were male (46.4%). No cardiac toxicity was observed. A good clinical outcome and
virological cure was obtained in 973 patients within 10 days (91.7%). Prolonged viral carriage
at completion of treatment was observed in 47 patients (4.4%) and was associated to a higher
viral load at diagnosis (p < 10-2) but viral culture was negative at day 10 and all but one were
PCR-cleared at day 15. A poor outcome was observed for 46 patients (4.3%); 10 were
transferred to intensive care units, 5 patients died (0.47%) (74-95 years old) and 31 required
10 days of hospitalization or more. Among this group, 25 patients are now cured and 16 are
still hospitalized (98% of patients cured so far). Poor clinical outcome was significantly
associated to older age (OR 1.11), initial higher severity (OR 10.05) and low
hydroxychloroquine serum concentration. In addition, both poor clinical and virological
outcomes were associated to the use of selective beta-blocking agents and angiotensin II
receptor blockers (P<0.05). Mortality was significantly lower in patients who had received >
3 days of HCQ-AZ than in patients treated with other regimens both at IHU and in all
Marseille public hospitals (p< 10-2).
Probably just Trump propagandists, tho, tbh. :ugeek:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 am
Reading French study on use of HCQ: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/ ... 0_vD1v.pdf
The study was performed at IHU Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France. A cohort of 1061
COVID-19 patients, treated for at least 3 days with the HCQ-AZ combination and a follow-up
of at least 9 days was investigated. Endpoints were death, worsening and viral shedding
persistence
From March 3rd to April 9th, 2020, 59,655 specimens from 38,617 patients were tested for
COVID-19 by PCR. Of the 3,165 positive patients placed in the care of our institute, 1061
previously unpublished patients met our inclusion criteria. Their mean age was 43.6 years old
and 492 were male (46.4%). No cardiac toxicity was observed. A good clinical outcome and
virological cure was obtained in 973 patients within 10 days (91.7%). Prolonged viral carriage
at completion of treatment was observed in 47 patients (4.4%) and was associated to a higher
viral load at diagnosis (p < 10-2) but viral culture was negative at day 10 and all but one were
PCR-cleared at day 15. A poor outcome was observed for 46 patients (4.3%); 10 were
transferred to intensive care units, 5 patients died (0.47%) (74-95 years old) and 31 required
10 days of hospitalization or more. Among this group, 25 patients are now cured and 16 are
still hospitalized (98% of patients cured so far). Poor clinical outcome was significantly
hydroxychloroquine serum concentration. In addition, both poor clinical and virological
outcomes were associated to the use of selective beta-blocking agents and angiotensin II
receptor blockers (P<0.05). Mortality was significantly lower in patients who had received >
3 days of HCQ-AZ than in patients treated with other regimens both at IHU and in all
Trump really needs to stop saying anything positive about it, it will lead people into thinking the data so far suggests it's promising and worth investigating further at the very least

How dare he?!?

Orange Man Bad

Reeeeeeeeeeee
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 am

Interesting: https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/530 ... s-antibody
A phlebotomist working at Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus.

Sumaya Owaynat, a phlebotomy technician, said she tests between 400 and 600 patients on an average day in the parking lot at Roseland Community Hospital. Drive-thru testing is from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. each day. However, the hospital has a limited number of tests they can give per day.

Owaynat said the number of patients coming through the testing center who appear to have already had coronavirus and gotten over it is far greater than those who currently have the disease.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:00 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 am
persistence
Isn't the survival rate around 98% anyway?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:02 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:34 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:31 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:26 am
Hope for the best, Brace for the worst
I do neither, I just put one foot in front of the other, one day at a tine

I don't try to outsmart the bug, I just stay in my compound
One can live in the now, hope for the best, and brace for the worst, simultaneously

The caveat being that bracing for the worst doesn't include doomsday prepping because if it really is doom, then there is nothing to prep for

That's how I prefer to roll, Multi-tasking ftw, so long as it doesn't disrupt focus on what really matters
I don't think it is the Doomsday Bug, more people recover than not,

I just don't think everything is going to be hunky dory in a couple weeks because people want it to be,

I think the bug has a vote, I think it's going to be around for awhile,

I don't get down about it, I don't get optimistic about it, I just carry on with my routine.

I don't try to predict what the bug is going to do, it's unpredictable at this juncture
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 am

It's like I see people using the word "Unsustainable !"

Pretty sure 20 million people were killed on the Eastern Front in World War Two

The war did not stop because of it

So anything is sustainable, it won't be the people deciding what is sustainable, the bug will decide
Nec Aspera Terrent