Re: An apology

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:19 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 pm

No doubt they’ll be suffering.. but I still don’t see any reason for war there.
You have kids, you can't admit the plausibility, even to yourself
Plausibility, yes. I just can’t comprehend any line of reasoning that leads to launching a nuke.

That's how Mutually Assured Destruction has held off nuclear war between the superpowers since America dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
What Smitty is saying is that it will be a mistake rather than reasoning which will lead to the next use of the bomb.
It's one of those things out of our control so make sure you have plenty of popcorn just in case and live life to the full 'cos you never know when it will end.
That's how we got through cold war one. No point in dwelling on it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

You have kids, you can't admit the plausibility, even to yourself
Plausibility, yes. I just can’t comprehend any line of reasoning that leads to launching a nuke.

That's how Mutually Assured Destruction has held off nuclear war between the superpowers since America dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
What Smitty is saying is that it will be a mistake rather than reasoning which will lead to the next use of the bomb.
It's one of those things out of our control so make sure you have plenty of popcorn just in case and live life to the full 'cos you never know when it will end.
That's how we got through cold war one. No point in dwelling on it.
I don't say there will be a nuclear war by default

But lets go with what Grumpy says is going to happen ; America is going to implode

That is a war of hegemonic succession by default

The last one was World War Two, so this one would be World War Three
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Even with birds in the air, oh well. You lost. Why bother wiping out another billion humans?
Whatevs, you say economic collapse and hyperinflation, I'm just extrapolating where that would end

This is why you are a SIFCLF : you don't have the courage of your convictions

You actually say America itself is going to implode, yet somehow that wouldn't be a war of hegemonic succession
I picture as more of a shift in trade to other areas, via PetroYuan etc. the use of military arms simply doesn’t make sense under the nuclear threat. We didn’t suddenly invade Russia when the wall fell, we simply watched it collapse and opened a McDonald’s next to the kremlin.

Separately, I still can’t comprehend what would lead a human to launch a nuke, absent some drastic form of suicidal sociopathy. Other than Lil Kimmie, I just don’t see much of that on display in the current crop of politicians.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:38 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Even with birds in the air, oh well. You lost. Why bother wiping out another billion humans?
Whatevs, you say economic collapse and hyperinflation, I'm just extrapolating where that would end

You actually say America itself is going to implode, yet somehow that wouldn't be a war of hegemonic succession
I picture as more of a shift in trade to other areas, via PetroYuan etc. the use of military arms simply doesn’t make sense under the nuclear threat. We didn’t suddenly invade Russia when the wall fell, we simply watched it collapse and opened a McDonald’s next to the kremlin.
The Soviet Union was not the Global Hegemon, America was, America collapsing would not be like 1991
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:38 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

The Soviet Union was not the Global Hegemon, America was, America collapsing would not be like 1991
I am not trying to sound condescending to either of you guys, but I took some PHD level courses during my University of Phoenix Associates degree. Pakistan would win in any conflict, because if the shit hit the fan, they could close down all the gas stations. Or wait, maybe most of the gas station owners are Indian. The tobacco shops would also all close, plus quite a few liquor stores.

At University of Phoenix they called me HeyDaralon Kissinger, no joke. I know IR (International Relations).
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:46 pm

The Covfefe death toll in Spain just jumped by 30%, 400 people died, overnight
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:46 pm
The Covfefe death toll in Spain just jumped by 30%, 400 people died, overnight
Good. Orwell was among them as was Koestler.

You youngsters don't know about Darkness at Noon, but right now we are all #Rubashov. We are locked down and in NKVD interrogation level conditions.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:52 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm
Pakistan would win in any conflict,
The problem for Pakistan is that they are completely propped up by the IMF

The IMF is really just America

America doesn't even have to implode for Pakistan to implode

America just has to have crisis where they can't prop them up anymore

Last time that happened the spinoff was Hitler and World War Two
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:53 pm

It's almost like none of you people have ever visited Italy, or Arkansas.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:53 pm
It's almost like none of you people have ever visited Italy, or Arkansas.

My sister lives in Shittle Rock.

I liked much of the Carolinas, Georgia, and TN. Arkansas imo is a bullshit state. Little Rock is an ugly ass town that would be too depressing for even Cormac McCarthy to use as a setting for his novels. The Ozarks are spectacular though.
Shikata ga nai