So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Smitty-48

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:05 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:35 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:33 pm

I guess they just couldn't hide the truth any longer.
The Iranians however insisted that the USS Vincennes committed an "unlawful act"

They contended that it was an "international crime", so they should now be held to their own standard.

Luckily for them, they just killed a bunch of "Canadians", so nothing will come of it.
A few British and Germans too. Not to mention the Ukranian crew.
It's a surprising move considering they were bulldozing the site to hide evidence earlier today.
I expect the military will blame their civil aviation authorities to cover themselves.
Oh I think they will throw their military guys under the bus, they're not different than us that way.

Some lowly Iranian soldiers will be thrown into the dungeon for the incompetence of their chain of command.

Thing about the Iranian air defense is that they don't have an integrated network.

It's not like NATO where all the air defenses are linked to a central command center.

The Iranians do what is called point defense. The missile batteries are spread around, but they're not linked.

People are like "how could they shoot down an airliner over their own airport ?!"

But they are thinking like it's the same as NATO, but it ain't, the Iranian military is not operating at that level.

It's not really an integrated air defense system, they just park these Tor launchers around the airport.

They have radio communications, but it's not like an operations center with the big picture of what's going on.

This is more of a battlefield weapon, to protect mechanized forces in a tactical engagement against other armies.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 am

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 pm
You both can keep barking, but I'm not scared of either of you. I have personally been in over 250 fights, several of which were not online. My dad's buddy is a former marine, so he showed me some finishing chokehold type moves I can use in a self defense situation. Neither of you Canucks would know what hit you after I get through beating you up in public. Keep in mind that my dad is friends with a former DMV employee, so if anything he could probably pull some strings and I doubt I'd do any jail time for assault. I'm not saying this to brag, but if either of you fought me you'd be in a world of pain, especially you Capps...
I'm an old man now, with grey hair and varicose veins, pick on someone your own age.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 pm

So after what? 2 days of moving the goalpost, English Flaggot finally accepts Iranian responsibility for shooting down a civilian airliner. Well that was productive. But we are just battiling symptoms of TDS we are no closer to a cure.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 pm

The shooting down did not happen in isolation.
It was a consequence of the Iranian missile attack on a US airbase which in turn was a consequence of the killing of Soleimani by a US drone which was a consequence of the attack on the Saudi oil refinery which was a consequence of the increased sanctions on Iran which were a consequence of pulling out of the nuclear deal.
Partisan hacks only see events in black and white though and are incapable of seeing gray areas.
Pragmatists try to see events from all angles.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 am
heydaralon wrote:
You both can keep barking, but I'm not scared of either of you. I have personally been in over 250 fights, several of which were not online. My dad's buddy is a former marine, so he showed me some finishing chokehold type moves I can use in a self defense situation. Neither of you Canucks would know what hit you after I get through beating you up in public. Keep in mind that my dad is friends with a former DMV employee, so if anything he could probably pull some strings and I doubt I'd do any jail time for assault. I'm not saying this to brag, but if either of you fought me you'd be in a world of pain, especially you Capps...
I'm an old man now, with grey hair and varicose veins, pick on someone your own age.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
50 is not the new 40. 50 is 50.

Once you hit 50, there's no denying it anymore, you're getting old and you can feel it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Once you hit 50, there's no denying it anymore, you're getting old and you can feel it.
So you say Stock's got the most brains? But that's just cause he's slow with no game, and varicose veins.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:24 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm
StCapps wrote:

So you say Stock's got the most brains? But that's just cause he's slow with no game, and varicose veins.
All through my forties I didn't notice much change, but in the last year or so, the aging process has accelerated.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:33 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 pm
Iran just admitted to shooting down the Ukranian aircraft due to human error.
C'est le guerre. The USS Vincennes made the exact same mistake in 1988
I guess they just couldn't hide the truth any longer.
The Lockerbie bombing wasn't Qaddafi btw. It was revenge for Vincennes missile. Btw the CIA knew that Iran blew up Lockerbie, but we still got Qaddaffi to feed one of his men to the wolves and go to prison. lol Geopolitics is a bitch.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Here is what is even weirder. During the Iran Iraq war, Saddam was pissed at us for some reason or another, and fucking launched a missile at the USS Stark which killed multiple US sailors. Its completely fucked up and a 99% chance it was deliberate. That fucker sent flowers to the families and wrote a letter of apology to the president, and we let his ass off the hook. We literally blamed Iran. Not that Iran is not a disgusting regime, but we should have bombed Saddam and Iran in the 80's.

How weird is that? We don't blame Iran for Lockerbie, which was some evil shit, but we blamed them for USS Stark which was not their fault.

We have let a lot of assholes in that region off the hook. Like when Moshe Dayan had the USS Liberty bombed so he could invade Syria in '67 without us knowing. Fucker said it was accident. Bullshit ass allies we have.
Last edited by heydaralon on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai