So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

StCapps

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:20 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:15 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:14 pm

That gets you involved, that's how America gets into the war.

Selling arms to the British, the Lusitania attacked for it.

You can't stay out if you are the bank and the arsenal, in both wars this incited Germany to attack America.
I'm pointing out that getting involved by being the bank and the arsenal is what won America it's hegemony, not charging into World Wars to nation build in Belgium and Poland. Not sure why you have to try and strawman that into isolationism, when you damn well know I'm not an isolationist, you fucking troll lulz. America should play the bank and the arsenal, not charge into Vietnam and Iraq in the name of nation building and preventing domino's from falling.
That's not true though, because America did charge in, just like the British

America charged in against Mexico, then Spain, then Germany, then Japan.

The difference was, America was more powerful than the British, so America won.

Remember the Maine.
America charged in, but after the conflict had begun and the enemies were overextending themselves, after they made a killing arming those who charged in foolishly. Britain charged in all foolhardy high on humanitarian pixie dust for nations that weren't relevant to their hegemony, there is a key fucking difference, that you can't grasp apparently, going into drtrech level obtuse mode.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:15 pm
I'm pointing out that getting involved by being the bank and the arsenal is what won America it's hegemony, not charging into World Wars to nation build in Belgium and Poland. Not sure why you have to try and strawman that into isolationism, when you damn well know I'm not an isolationist, you fucking troll lulz. America should play the bank and the arsenal, not charge into Vietnam and Iraq in the name of nation building and preventing domino's from falling.

Remember the Maine.
America charged in, but after the conflict had begun and the enemies were overextending themselves.
America is doing that now in the ME, the conflict wasn't started by America, Sunni v Shia was already in effect.

Iran and Saudi Arabia became enemies in 1979, it was presented to America as a fait accompli, by the Ayatollah
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 pm

You both can keep barking, but I'm not scared of either of you. I have personally been in over 250 fights, several of which were not online. My dad's buddy is a former marine, so he showed me some finishing chokehold type moves I can use in a self defense situation. Neither of you Canucks would know what hit you after I get through beating you up in public. Keep in mind that my dad is friends with a former DMV employee, so if anything he could probably pull some strings and I doubt I'd do any jail time for assault. I'm not saying this to brag, but if either of you fought me you'd be in a world of pain, especially you Capps...
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Remember the Maine.
America charged in, but after the conflict had begun and the enemies were overextending themselves.
America is doing that now in the ME, the conflict wasn't started by America, Sunni v Shia was already in effect.
America charged into Iraq with a shitty plan to stay too long after they took out the Iraqi military. They could have just hit and run, got back on the boat, and made it rain with an Iraqi Marshall Plan instead of playing sitting ducks for the insurgency when they had no good reason to be there. America also chased the Vietnamese into jungles instead of hugging the coastal cities and bombing the shit out of them when they went on the offensive, they could have skipped that part and not lost the PR battle at home, but they decided fuck around and search and destroy instead.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
America charged into Iraq with a shitty plan to stay too long after they took out the Iraqi military. They could have just hit and run, stayed on the boat, and made it rain with an Iraqi Marshall Plan instead.
America was attacked, just like Pearl Harbor, the American people were out for revenge. Shit happens.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:28 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

America charged into Iraq with a shitty plan to stay too long after they took out the Iraqi military. They could have just hit and run, stayed on the boat, and made it rain with an Iraqi Marshall Plan instead.
America was a attacked, just like Pearl Harbor, the American people were out for revenge. Shit happens.
Right and one of things to avoid in the future, is idiotic nation building in a nation that is basically irrelevant to the American hegemony. Things get heated in the moment, so remember that this leads to obvious mistakes America has made in the past, and don't repeat them again. Pro tip.

America won't listen, they'll get high on dominoes or humanitarian pixie dust and make the same mistakes again, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

America was a attacked, just like Pearl Harbor, the American people were out for revenge. Shit happens.
Keep dreaming dude. You'd never beat me in a fight. Did I mention I am friends with several people who lift weights at least 4 times per week including leg day? Good luck fighting all of us at once.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Right and one of things to avoid in the future, is idiotic nation building in a nation that is basically irrelevant to the American hegemony.
No nation is irrelevant to the Global Hegemon.

The Global Hegemon is going to be attacked, totally annihilating the enemy is not realistic

When you are a Hegemon, everything is nation building, that is the very nature of hegemonic war.

No Nation Building is a talking point, it's not a realistic plan.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm

America will make the mistake at least twice, but that doesn't mean they should.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:35 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm
America will make the mistake at least twice, but that doesn't mean they should.
Zero Defects is unrealistic, war is chaos, you can't control it with precision.

No plan survives contact, you have to ride the tiger by the tail.
Nec Aspera Terrent