The Green Leap Forward

Montegriffo

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:01 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Wouldn't being underground be safer in the event of a meltdown ?
The danger of meltdown is overstated but mining for uranium and nuclear waste disposal are real concerns.
Then there's the risk of terrorism. If I'd coordinated the 9/11 attacks one of the highjacked planes would have crashed into a nuclear power station.
The consequences of that would last for decades.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Oh yeah -- Another great counterargument to private nuclear power: Muh Terrism.

Also, as to the Green Leap Forward: CO2 is a big old Red Herring. CO2 don't mean shit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Wouldn't being underground be safer in the event of a meltdown ?
The idea is to avoid a meltdown.

Like divert the river into the chamber or something.

But with a thorium reactor that's a moot point.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Also, as to the Green Leap Forward: CO2 is a big old Red Herring. CO2 don't mean shit.
Keep telling yourself that.
All regulations are bad after all.
Them fossil fuel pushers really care about you and love it when you rub and tug them all the way to the bank.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

I gotta hand it to the Stalinists. Picking Carbon as the key element to regulate is fucking brilliant!
Carbon is the 4th most common element in the universe and the most common element on the planets surface. Control Carbon and you can control everything.

Bill Belichick level diabolical. :mrgreen:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am
BjornP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am
I can't help but wonder how far ahead nuclear power could have become in Western Europe if the anti-nuclear power protests hadn't joined forces with the environmentalists. More and more leftists here are starting to reconsider, and it seems a few of them got a bit of an ideological hangover - now having turned to see nuclear power as the more "adult", reasonable, green option.

I know they're building a huge (experimental) fusion power plant in, I think, France. Funded by alot of different countries' governments, though. Think it should be finished by 2020, so that could solve alot of problems if they (finally get fusion to work under stable conditions). There will probably be those old anti-nuclear groups who think that, too, is "dangerous".
Can't help but wonder how far ahead renewable power would be if the fossil fuel lobbies didn't have so many politicians in their pocket.
Do you say that to argue against nuclear power? If so, I don't get it? I prefer heavy investment into the research, development and application of both nuclear and renewable power. Both represent green technologies.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:03 am

BjornP wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am
BjornP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am
I can't help but wonder how far ahead nuclear power could have become in Western Europe if the anti-nuclear power protests hadn't joined forces with the environmentalists. More and more leftists here are starting to reconsider, and it seems a few of them got a bit of an ideological hangover - now having turned to see nuclear power as the more "adult", reasonable, green option.

I know they're building a huge (experimental) fusion power plant in, I think, France. Funded by alot of different countries' governments, though. Think it should be finished by 2020, so that could solve alot of problems if they (finally get fusion to work under stable conditions). There will probably be those old anti-nuclear groups who think that, too, is "dangerous".
Can't help but wonder how far ahead renewable power would be if the fossil fuel lobbies didn't have so many politicians in their pocket.
Do you say that to argue against nuclear power? If so, I don't get it? I prefer heavy investment into the research, development and application of both nuclear and renewable power. Both represent green technologies.
The reason he's arguing against it is because he is having the cold hard realization that his country is becoming a muslim caliphate and that said muslims will harness that nuke power to use against whites. Your country is on the same path my friend, and it would do you some good to keep that in mind. I get that you both hate the West and your own culture, but please remember that the muslim army within your borders does not much care for you.
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:14 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:53 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Coastal energy development concerns are hypocrisy. Nations love coastal development with high real estate prices and high taxes to the gov.

I ranted a lot about rebuilding N'Oleans after Katrina. We should not have. Greenies didn't say a fucking word when they rebuild on land that should be delta flood plains and riparian areas.

Fuck the Greenies. They just want more Central control.
I agree with most of that but your last line is paranoid.
I'm too tired to argue though and I'm up for work in about 6 hours (4am) so you'll have to excuse me not getting into it now.
Maybe it's a blind spot for me. But all I see from Greenies is demand for international and federal regulation and taxes as a solution. I don't see Greenies with a big push for independent energy at the personal level.

Ralph Begley is the only one I can name.
Are you then also opposed to the US government funding fusion power in cooperation with other countries? Or any form of research into so-called green energy? As for regulation, are you against all forms of regulation? You don't think it should be criminal for someone to dump toxic waste into the same water source you get your drinking water from, to use the extreme example?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:46 am

If you want to see who really wants to kill you -- exterminate you -- then go back up and look at that video inside Feinstein's office.

I'll take a hundred Mexicans for every one of these white-bread women teachers/mothers you can deport.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:00 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:46 am
If you want to see who really wants to kill you -- exterminate you -- then go back up and look at that video inside Feinstein's office.

I'll take a hundred Mexicans for every one of these white-bread women teachers/mothers you can deport.

OTOH, there is some gain in the left eating their own like this.