The Green Leap Forward

PartyOf5

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

Let's keep it real she says. Yes please keep it real. Who eats a hamburger for breakfast?

If they ever even start to hint at forcing vegan on us I'm buying a farm and lots of guns.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am

I can't help but wonder how far ahead nuclear power could have become in Western Europe if the anti-nuclear power protests hadn't joined forces with the environmentalists. More and more leftists here are starting to reconsider, and it seems a few of them got a bit of an ideological hangover - now having turned to see nuclear power as the more "adult", reasonable, green option.

I know they're building a huge (experimental) fusion power plant in, I think, France. Funded by alot of different countries' governments, though. Think it should be finished by 2020, so that could solve alot of problems if they (finally get fusion to work under stable conditions). There will probably be those old anti-nuclear groups who think that, too, is "dangerous".
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:04 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am
Who eats a hamburger for breakfast?

It would be great if those dumbassed yankees really try to pull some shit like this.

Immanentize the eschaton on the New Civil War, and all that shit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:30 am

Comrade, you must cut back on the burgers for the revolution.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:43 am

Can you imagine the whole-hog cooks we're going to have? Pigmeat to the horizon.

Now that's the best way to settle the BBQ wars -- on the field of victory!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am

But I am a brisket man, comrade.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am

Oh, we'll have acres of that as well. Everything any degenerate could desire.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:55 am

Will the brisket lines be long?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:13 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am
I can't help but wonder how far ahead nuclear power could have become in Western Europe if the anti-nuclear power protests hadn't joined forces with the environmentalists. More and more leftists here are starting to reconsider, and it seems a few of them got a bit of an ideological hangover - now having turned to see nuclear power as the more "adult", reasonable, green option.

I know they're building a huge (experimental) fusion power plant in, I think, France. Funded by alot of different countries' governments, though. Think it should be finished by 2020, so that could solve alot of problems if they (finally get fusion to work under stable conditions). There will probably be those old anti-nuclear groups who think that, too, is "dangerous".
But France will be majority muslim by 2020 so won't that fusion plant just be used to launch dirty bombs in Coopenhagen? The migrant army in your borders will use that tech to stop Whale hunting, which is haram btw.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am

BjornP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 am

Can't help but wonder how far ahead renewable power would be if the fossil fuel lobbies didn't have so many politicians in their pocket.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.