The Green Leap Forward

DBTrek

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 pm

I can only demonstrate to you that your idea is wasteful, ineffective, and astoundingly expensive so many different ways.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get it - you don't like evidence-based policies. You seem to prefer the emotional-based policies, whether they work or not, because "this time the magic will pan out".

All I can do is vote against you and folks who believe like you every time you try to further damage the community with your failed dream schemes.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

I get it. Nothing can ever change. We can only whine that the jobs won't come to us instead of figuring out how to get people to where the jobs are.

Pick a place with a commuter problem and start there. If it doesn't have enough jobs so much the better.
:royalty-queen:

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am
Not a mass transit system. Also inefficient, dangerous, spews pollutants, uncomfortable, and ugly. Are we incapable of achieving what Switzerland achieved?
Switzerland is about 1/3 the size of Illinois. There already exists a train route from Milwaukee to Chicago. Mission accomplished.
Mission barely started. A mass transit system means every town has a stop.
Then when does the train hit 200 mph?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 pm

You faggots already do that with the HUD crap. You move people around based on skin color and sit back going "now I have fixed the problem."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:56 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Switzerland is about 1/3 the size of Illinois. There already exists a train route from Milwaukee to Chicago. Mission accomplished.
Mission barely started. A mass transit system means every town has a stop.
Then when does the train hit 200 mph?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:01 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm
I get it. Nothing can ever change.
Mass transit boondoggles are not "change".
That's the point.
We have many examples to reference, we know how it plays out.

I'm here saying "Don't drink lemon juice to cure cancer, it doesn't work"

And you're here saying "Right. Because nothing can ever change. Because you don't think lemon juice is great enough to succeed at anything"
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:19 am
It wouldn't suck like Amtrack because they'd own their own rails. Amtrack sucks because they borrow the rails from freight, and are always second in line to use those tracks to freight.

Actually riding in Amtrack is not that bad, but obviously not fast either.

It's possible to make train travel really fucking nice if we wanted to do that.

Commuter trains are fucking horrible because they are packed in with people. That's not really what happens on long distance trains.

My concern with high-speed rail is the safety. We are headed into a kind of dark age with diminished capabilities. Shit we could have done in the 1980s is not necessarily what we can do now, even if we have the technological know-how. A dark age is not really about the knowledge being ultimately lost, but that the social and economic structures are unable to support it.
Can you elaborate some? Specifically what you men by "unable to support it" compared to the 1980s?

We have lower human capital now, and we focus on shit that has nothing to do with making better and safer infrastructure. That architectural group in South Florida were more interested in having more women engineers than actually safely building a bridge, and the bridge fell on commuters. Google is more interested in having purple-haired feminist transgenders than having the best engineers, so their innovation has greatly diminished in just a decade. Then you have mass migration from nonwhite nations where as a group you are not going to find as many people qualified to actually become engineers and scientists. If you look at South Africa, the people who inherited the high-tech cities are not the people who built those cities or created that technology, and it's now all falling apart.

There are several reasons for the dark age. The two big ones are mass migration into the western world by nonwhites coupled with anti-white policies suppressing the white reproductive rates, and the adoption of cultural marxism by corporations and governments.

We simply no longer value competency more than anything else, and we no longer have as competent a population anyway.

And if you consider the effect of these anti-white and anti-male hiring policies have on the human capital of a corporation, it's really staggering. For every affirmative action hire they get, they not only increase incompetency, they reduce the institutional knowledge as competent people retire.
Japan essentially does not have this problem or anything like it, right? What about China? I think China would have other institutional and political reasons that negatively impact their innovation and infrastructure although they certainly aren't tied down with something as bizarre as critical theory or feminism per say.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Can you elaborate some? Specifically what you men by "unable to support it" compared to the 1980s?

We have lower human capital now, and we focus on shit that has nothing to do with making better and safer infrastructure. That architectural group in South Florida were more interested in having more women engineers than actually safely building a bridge, and the bridge fell on commuters. Google is more interested in having purple-haired feminist transgenders than having the best engineers, so their innovation has greatly diminished in just a decade. Then you have mass migration from nonwhite nations where as a group you are not going to find as many people qualified to actually become engineers and scientists. If you look at South Africa, the people who inherited the high-tech cities are not the people who built those cities or created that technology, and it's now all falling apart.

There are several reasons for the dark age. The two big ones are mass migration into the western world by nonwhites coupled with anti-white policies suppressing the white reproductive rates, and the adoption of cultural marxism by corporations and governments.

We simply no longer value competency more than anything else, and we no longer have as competent a population anyway.

And if you consider the effect of these anti-white and anti-male hiring policies have on the human capital of a corporation, it's really staggering. For every affirmative action hire they get, they not only increase incompetency, they reduce the institutional knowledge as competent people retire.
Japan essentially does not have this problem or anything like it, right? What about China? I think China would have other institutional and political reasons that negatively impact their innovation and infrastructure although they certainly aren't tied down with something as bizarre as critical theory or feminism per say.
China is kind of a mess.

I think Japan will be fine.

But technological civilization is going to be extremely wound down in fifty years, I think. Most people will be living off grid in America (if there is no civil war), and most of the world will have reverted a great deal.

There will still be technology, for sure, but it won't be prolific and people won't likely maintain huge high-tech infrastructure outside of places like Japan. There won't be many whites left to maintain the shit that whites build. Look at Central America to see what we are replacing ourselves with.

The best outcome would be that we become something like Brazil.

Worst outcome is that we become like South Africa, and get genocided.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm
We can only whine that the jobs won't come to us instead of figuring out how to get people to where the jobs are.
Hmmmm, how to get people to where the jobs are. :think: If only we had some way to individuals from their homes to any other place they want to go. Maybe something like pods on wheels that could navigate paths that go literally everywhere there is a job, food, shopping, and recreation. I guess for now I'll just walk or ride my bike in -25 degree weather the miles to the train stop where I can get close to my destination and then rent a bike again in -25 degree weather to finish my commute.