The Green Leap Forward

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

For instance, when people talk about the government building a high-tech high-speed rail across North America, who exactly is going to build that and who exactly is going to maintain it?

Everything is going to be done by affirmative action now. You are going to have bullet trains with a thousand people onboard, racing across the countryside at 200+ mph without incident? Because you have a bunch of Mexicans and feminist women maintaining it?

Do leftists even think this shit through? I still don't get the impression that these people have a fucking clue how much they fucked America.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am
Not a mass transit system. Also inefficient, dangerous, spews pollutants, uncomfortable, and ugly. Are we incapable of achieving what Switzerland achieved?
Switzerland is about 1/3 the size of Illinois. There already exists a train route from Milwaukee to Chicago. Mission accomplished.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm

I'd even go so far as to say that the democratic electorate is the embodiment of the dark age. They are incompetency organized into a political party. If you think you can just hook hundreds of millions of little solar and wind farms onto the grid without issue, or maintain a subsonic bullet train network without issue, then you likely are a democrat. You have no fucking clue what any of that entails.

I am all for big projects, myself, but I am not naive about the risks and costs.

The stuff in this green energy bill is fucking stupid because (1) it doesn't work and (2) the stuff that we could do we don't even need the government to do in the first place.

Use government's ability to do really big things on shit that capitalism cannot already solve. Like space colonization or figuring out cold fusion or something.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 am
We consider everything but the most logical place to start: a real country-wide mass transit system. Besides the huge energy savings and destruction of unwanted foreign entanglements, we'd also have a better quality of life, much expanded job markets, lots of jobs during construction and afterwards for maintenance, more efficient movement of goods, a lower death and disability rate, and we'd even have a more cohesive society. Pretty much nothing else is as much of a win-win for the country as a whole.
You use construction and maintenance jobs as a selling point like jobs for road construction and maintenance don't already exist.

How is movement of good more efficient? We already move goods by both train and truck.

How would a country-wide mass transit system that wee don't already have give a better quality of life and expand our job markets? How does it give us a more cohesive society?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 pm

We're $21 trillion in debt, with a GDP of $19.3 trillion.
We've got more debt than we've got yearly productivity.
Democrats can't even scrape $5billion for a border wall together.

And here they are saying "Does this country not have ten times the resources? Why are you so easily taken in by "a tiny ass country with a fraction of our population does X so we clearly can't"? We can do anything we have the will to do. I place no limit on our ability to accomplish great things."

How do they even get up in the morning? You'd think that level of cognitive dissonance would lead to a rapid demise based on Darwinism alone. How do these people manage to operate while being simultaneously so disconnected from reality?

Can't possible waste $5 billion on securing our borders, but hey, let's build more rail infrastructure for hundreds or thousands of times that amount! We've got no money, and endless money, simultaneously!
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm

China is a lot more comparable to the US. China has gone whole hog on high speed rail. They are the world's leader in high speed rail, it is also putting them in crushing debt.

https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/how-ch ... debt/88791

Why do Commies Love High Speed Rail ?
Is it just because it is a way for the Government to take away the independence of individuals?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

The deep state would absolutely love to control transportation. Imagine being able to block undesirables from traveling due to "safety concerns".

You've been posting some "hate speech" online. You could be a risk to other travelers. You're on the no-ride list. You can still drive. If you can afford a car with all the taxes on it, and on gasoline. But interstates are heavily tolled now and there are checkpoints.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm
China is a lot more comparable to the US. China has gone whole hog on high speed rail. They are the world's leader in high speed rail, it is also putting them in crushing debt.

Is it just because it is a way for the Government to take away the independence of individuals?
I don't know what percentage is high speed, but we already have almost TWICE the rail networks China has.
(and over 49x as much rail infrastructure as Switzerland, for those who believe our nations are comparable for some reason)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm
The deep state would absolutely love to control transportation. Imagine being able to block undesirables from traveling due to "safety concerns".

You've been posting some "hate speech" online. You could be a risk to other travelers. You're on the no-ride list. You can still drive. If you can afford a car with all the taxes on it, and on gasoline. But interstates are heavily tolled now and there are checkpoints.
Yes.
Nothing I would love more than to go through a TSA body cavity search to and from work daily, and watch my wife and kids get groped on the way to vacation...………………………….

WAIT, sorry, I forgot, it's Communism, we don't get vacations except to honor Dear Leader. :|
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm

I don't know what percentage is high speed, but we already have almost TWICE the rail networks China has.
(and over 49x as much rail infrastructure as Switzerland, for those who believe our nations are comparable for some reason)
IMO, as an Engineer who works on road and bridge projects, we don't utilize rail enough for cargo and freight. The reason is our instant gratification culture needs their Amazon Prime goodies right fucking now.

That aside, maintaining a highway system with the amount of freight we travel over it daily is extremely expensive. If we want efficiency, we need to put you sensi pots and pussy hats on a rail car and you can get them in 2 weeks instead of 2 days.
PLATA O PLOMO