Fake News

BjornP

Re: Fake News

Post by BjornP » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 am

clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:46 am
BjornP wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 am
StA, your ability to honestly and accurately recount what other people believe, or even post , is and has always been much more inferior than any MSM journalist's, including those who think they can accurately gage what happens at an event by simply looking at what hat some kids are wearing and what skin color they have. :roll:
If it is that much more inferior you would be unable to respond to it. You would have no idea what he was referring to. Be like describing Pegasus with a picture of the Riverbottom nightmare band. That's an MSM level hit job defending an MSM hit job. Nice try, bold move. I expect nothing less from a viking.
I have explained my views on journalism countless times. I am no more "unable to respond" than some guy in a MAGA hat is "unable to respond" to the ever-repeating hyberbolic, irrationel and dishonest mischaracterization of his views. Why would I keep repeating myself to a person who clearly has no intent of engaging me honestly unless he thinks I agree with him?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 am
clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:37 am
similar for me too. southern california here i don't think i've ever seen a maga hat out in public. i live north of LA near the desert where it's a little more red and i'll see trump bumper stickers from time to time, but i don't see red hats at the grocery store or anything like that. i did see a hillary for prison t-shirt once, that was funny. i think more people are inclined to show their support indirectly through american imagery, like the flag, than to show direct support for trump. i see a lot of stars and bars nowaways, they'll openly support that, but trump is probably a little too toxic out here still. if you go further north into the desert and rural areas there is more open support for trump
Well then it sounds like you see something just not a lot of hats. Are ball caps other than MAGA normally worn, trucker hats?
yeah i suppose, lots of LA dodger hats i think (including me). i'm sure maga hats are around but i think people out here know better than to wear something that is going to get them sucker punched. my dad is a trump guy but he was pretty adamant about not wanting a maga hat, even as a joke gift or anything. he wouldn't wear it
ok, is that hat really that much of a fire starter? I mean Hillary for Prison is pretty inflammatory but no hats. I dont see ball caps much except on elderly men and then it's about thier veteran status not political views.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:46 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:50 am
Northern Ohio, and never seen a MAGA worn in public. If you did, it would pretty obviously just be to start shit, and people would avoid you.

Really all of Northern Ohio? Not just your bitch bubble? Not in the place where the convention that nominated him was? No one?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:04 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am
pineapplemike wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am
Well then it sounds like you see something just not a lot of hats. Are ball caps other than MAGA normally worn, trucker hats?
yeah i suppose, lots of LA dodger hats i think (including me). i'm sure maga hats are around but i think people out here know better than to wear something that is going to get them sucker punched. my dad is a trump guy but he was pretty adamant about not wanting a maga hat, even as a joke gift or anything. he wouldn't wear it
ok, is that hat really that much of a fire starter? I mean Hillary for Prison is pretty inflammatory but no hats. I dont see ball caps much except on elderly men and then it's about thier veteran status not political views.

i'm trying to think of other presidents who were retarded enough to come up with a practical clothing accessory that can be worn to show political support. who else had something like that? i'm sure obama had a hat you could buy on his campaign website but who else capitalized on it? what else could be worn? t-shirts? buttons? the hat seems to me to be so divisive because it's uniquely trump, it's powerful branding, people are right to be afraid of it

and hats are fairly common out here i'd say. less than half of people probably, but it's often sunny out here in sunny california, and as much as we lizard people like the sun, we do wear our sunglasses and brimmed hats pretty religiously

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm

The MSM is doing another round of layoffs today.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm

The media is unprofitable because they no longer produce anything anyone is willing to pay for.

;)

Can’t sell what the internet produces for free. When bloggers became the media, old media was no longer necessary.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 pm

:cry:
Get Wok Go Broke
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 pm
:cry:
Get Wok Go Broke

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:04 pm
clubgop wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am
pineapplemike wrote:

i'm trying to think of other presidents who were retarded enough to come up with a practical clothing accessory that can be worn to show political support. who else had something like that? i'm sure obama had a hat you could buy on his campaign website but who else capitalized on it? what else could be worn? t-shirts? buttons? the hat seems to me to be so divisive because it's uniquely trump, it's powerful branding, people are right to be afraid of it

and hats are fairly common out here i'd say. less than half of people probably, but it's often sunny out here in sunny california, and as much as we lizard people like the sun, we do wear our sunglasses and brimmed hats pretty religiously

Everybody needs a shirt.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Nice shirt