Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

brewster

Re: Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:28 pm
I think it should be more like the medieval system that created the equilibrium that lasted a thousand years. Cities are somewhat autonomous. Rural areas do their own thing.

In this context, I would make the bigger cities their own city-states. I would break up CONUS according to the cultural boundaries and let those cultural regions figure out how they want to rule themselves. Instead of a federal government, we'd have a confederal government that only deals with foreign policy and war.

Somehow, the constitutional framework of our future government should explicitly enshrine subsidiarity. We should act at the most local level possible. No decisions should be made at a higher level of government than necessary.
Would you have a Fed? How would your Confederate States differ from the current EU/NATO?

And the map doesn't show density of Bachelors, but percentage of the population.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:11 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm
I think it should be more like the medieval system that created the equilibrium that lasted a thousand years. Cities are somewhat autonomous. Rural areas do their own thing.

In this context, I would make the bigger cities their own city-states. I would break up CONUS according to the cultural boundaries and let those cultural regions figure out how they want to rule themselves. Instead of a federal government, we'd have a confederal government that only deals with foreign policy and war.

Somehow, the constitutional framework of our future government should explicitly enshrine subsidiarity. We should act at the most local level possible. No decisions should be made at a higher level of government than necessary.
Would you have a Fed? How would your Confederate States differ from the current EU/NATO?

And the map doesn't show density of Bachelors, but percentage of the population.
Why does that difference really matter?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:18 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
Yes, educated people living in cities and the uneducated living in rural areas is one of the strongest demographic correlations there is in the US, along with the educated voting Democratic.
I.Y.I., Educated but not intelligent.
I throw a light on the negatives of cities because they deserve to be looked at harshly, and they treat rural people like shit.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.
~ Henry David Thoreau
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 pm

In this context, I would make the bigger cities their own city-states.
That would be acceptable. But as it is we have Mega-Cities, aligned with International business influencing the daily life of rural people. This is unacceptable.

The urban idiots have no idea how to manage land, which trees to harvest and which to let stand, they idiotically claim cattle destroy waterways, ignoring the millions of buffalo that used to cross those same streams. All the while they stand still while their urban wastelands consume natural resources and puke out pollution in great concentrations.

Yet urbanites are via Federal Agency and Environmental non-profit racketeers are forcing land management decisions of rural people.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:31 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
See, you guys value education above all elese. You should pray at Dr Hash's feet. You should follow him religiously if you value degrees as the mark of human achievement.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:51 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm
Fake History. Boston was staunchly revolutionary, was where it began, and was liberated on March 17, 1776. NYC was taken and held by the forces evacutate from Boston because it was worth holding, and easy to defend once the Brits secured it. Rural areas where 80-90% of the population was, are much harder to hold, and much less worth defending.

You guys just make up shit about what life in cities is like to justify your racist bullshit. The article cited shows how fucking crazy the author is when he starts on the evil of jobs without proposing an alternative. Might as well bitch about breathing.
I promised I'd get back to Boston.
Boston did have a lot of Patriots, but not enough to start a revolt. No, the Patriots had to go to the countryside to find enough allies who tired of yoke of the crown.

Boston was filled with Tories(Loyalists) too. In fact the city was ran by Tories. It's newspapers had long ago became mouthpieces for the crown. This is why the pamphleteers of the day came about. The big newspapers like the Boston Chronicle and Mass. Gazette were staunchly Loyalists, not to mention the New York Gazette. They are analogous to our modern mainstream news. What you see is they cease to function when the Crowns troops leave.
https://www.americanantiquarian.org/pro ... 517562.pdf

Then there was the business men, the Mercantilists. John Malcom, James Murray and William Brattle. Loyalists also filled the government, Governor, Judges, Tax Collectors. The crown was also able to raise volunteers for 5 compainies of men from Boston. Not to mention spies and infiltrators.
http://www.royalprovincial.com/military ... aamain.htm

Boston was filled with Loyalists that fled to Nova Scotia when the Brits retreated. It was the urbanites of the Continental Congress that started and won the revolution. It was the rural folks. Hell, even after the Battles of Lexington and Concord, and the Seige of Boston the Continental Congress cucked out with the Olive Branch petition, where they excused the actions of the rural folks and said sorry. Only when the King rejected their cuckery did the Continental Congress join the rebellion and coopt it.

Please answer me why you think I'm a racist ?
PLATA O PLOMO

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm

Existence of urban loyalists does not prove a preponderance of loyalists. and I did not accuse you specifically, but much of the anti-city rhetoric on the site involves racism.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 am

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Existence of urban loyalists does not prove a preponderance of loyalists. and I did not accuse you specifically, but much of the anti-city rhetoric on the site involves racism.
Anti-City Rhetoric is Racist ? :think:
Really.

I find attacks like that very troubling. It's part of the reason I go after cities on the board. I'm probably the biggest instigator of that here. As I've said before, urbanites for decades, probably centuries have impuned rural people. A great contemporary attack is to call rural people racist. But I submit to you there is far less racism in rural areas than urban. Boston is the most racist place in America, yet they consider themselves progressive and enlightened. The lie that rural areas are racist is just as big a myth as Democrat support of blacks. Democrats are the party of racism.
PLATA O PLOMO

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 am
brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Anti-City Rhetoric is Racist ? :think:
Really.

I find attacks like that very troubling. It's part of the reason I go after cities on the board. I'm probably the biggest instigator of that here. As I've said before, urbanites for decades, probably centuries have impuned rural people. A great contemporary attack is to call rural people racist. But I submit to you there is far less racism in rural areas than urban. Boston is the most racist place in America, yet they consider themselves progressive and enlightened. The lie that rural areas are racist is just as big a myth as Democrat support of blacks. Democrats are the party of racism.
"Urbanite" is now a race, apparently. However, it we were to follow that "logic" consistently it would then follow that "Ruralite" must therefore also be a race, and therefore the MSM news and Urbanites celebrating the rural population as "stupid hicks" and the like would make them RACIST.

Of course that's assuming you apply things consistently,which we know they dont.
...because they're "smart" and therefore the rules don't apply to them. :roll:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 pm

In this context, I would make the bigger cities their own city-states.
That would be acceptable. But as it is we have Mega-Cities, aligned with International business influencing the daily life of rural people. This is unacceptable.

The urban idiots have no idea how to manage land, which trees to harvest and which to let stand, they idiotically claim cattle destroy waterways, ignoring the millions of buffalo that used to cross those same streams. All the while they stand still while their urban wastelands consume natural resources and puke out pollution in great concentrations.

Yet urbanites are via Federal Agency and Environmental non-profit racketeers are forcing land management decisions of rural people.
We might be able to turn the urbanites against the globalist corporations. Most of them are in cognitive dissonance about what side they are actually fighting for right now. We see that clearly with Monty, for example, who thinks he is fighting against corrupt/failed global corporations. He has no idea what team he is on and is shocked when people tell him the truth. The Marxist-Globalist alliance in particular is not built on a solid foundation at all.

As far as what these people are and this division between us.. I think we need to be realistic about it. We are talking about a population of people who have many generations of urbanite adaptations bred into them. If you do not believe me, conduct an informal experiment of observing people in your life. Somehow find out whether they come from long urban families and then note their propensity to cling to "diversity" and "tolerance" as inherent good things in life. This isn't even about the economic and political stuff. LOTS of republicans are degenerate as fuck.