Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

jediuser598

Re: Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Post by jediuser598 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 pm
I'm not offering solutions for cities or the people that inhabit them. I don't live there, never have, I can't solve their problems. I'm shining a light on the ills of urban life.

Urbanites have attacked rural folks and rural life for centuries, while failing to look at their own failures objectively. A lot of the critiques are about modernity, but a lot are not. Cities have always sought, and been largely successful in creating the idea that urban areas are where enlightenment and intelligence resides. It's not true, the masses of cities are dumbed down, zombies that gladly trade perceived security and culture for living in a wasteland of mental and environmental poison.

Higher functioning humans choose rural environments.
Failing to look at one's failures and faults objectively is a human thing. Imagine Becky being a person who doesn't arrive at her beliefs through reason and rigor, more she believes what she believes because that gives her social currency, makes her accepted by who she is surrounded by. Now, if Becky was born in a rural area, she's going to take up what they believe, if Becky was born in a urban areas, she's going to believe what they believe. Becky doesn't challenge, Becky abides.

Beckies are everywhere though and the more you travel the more you see that people are the same, pretty much everywhere.

Tell you what though, my college classes in the rural area I was from were largely taught by grad students. Where I go to school now? Doctors and professionals. I had a biology class in the rural area where the teacher stated that stated she didn't believe in evolution.

Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
Last edited by jediuser598 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Rural areas were never meant to be centers of higher learning. It was the apprentice doctor that would travel to the countryside and "intern." Now we actually ship doctors in from India and such countries with the stipulation being that they must serve time in the rural areas. OK that seems on the face logical but the truth is that these foreign doctors could give two shits about their patients. On the whole at least. And why should they? If I was a doctor in Zimbabwe volunteering how long before I just hit cruise control and write them all off?

We have the right to seek medical care within our own clans. In fact, medical studies are concluding patients receive better attention within their own kind (UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE WHITE THEN JUST DEAL WITH IT RACIST)

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 pm
I think most of them are genetically adapted to it, though. That's the environment they are adapted to live in. When I lived in the outskirts of a major metropolis, the locals I knew from there were completely tied to it. They can try to leave but they end up moving back or trying to reshape wherever they moved into a little Chicago.

The problem is when we attempt to impose the environmental variables that make urban life upon rural, or vice versa.
How would a politically split rural - Urban nation or federation function really? What would it look like from your viewpoint? Is there a federation in history that worked in a cohesive way that was applicable here ?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 pm

There is no such thing. These rural retards keep invoking this divide like there was ever a civilized society without a city.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Mammon rules here nothing else.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Maybe you live in a rural area flush with doctors and philosophers, but that was definitely not my experience, and I lived there for 31 years.
Yes, educated people living in cities and the uneducated living in rural areas is one of the strongest demographic correlations there is in the US, along with the educated voting Democratic.

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:28 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 pm
I think most of them are genetically adapted to it, though. That's the environment they are adapted to live in. When I lived in the outskirts of a major metropolis, the locals I knew from there were completely tied to it. They can try to leave but they end up moving back or trying to reshape wherever they moved into a little Chicago.

The problem is when we attempt to impose the environmental variables that make urban life upon rural, or vice versa.
How would a politically split rural - Urban nation or federation function really? What would it look like from your viewpoint? Is there a federation in history that worked in a cohesive way that was applicable here ?
I think it should be more like the medieval system that created the equilibrium that lasted a thousand years. Cities are somewhat autonomous. Rural areas do their own thing.

In this context, I would make the bigger cities their own city-states. I would break up CONUS according to the cultural boundaries and let those cultural regions figure out how they want to rule themselves. Instead of a federal government, we'd have a confederal government that only deals with foreign policy and war.

Somehow, the constitutional framework of our future government should explicitly enshrine subsidiarity. We should act at the most local level possible. No decisions should be made at a higher level of government than necessary.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Yes, educated people living in cities and the uneducated living in rural areas is one of the strongest demographic correlations there is in the US, along with the educated voting Democratic.

Bogus metric. You are just capturing the demographic density of cities and the fact that most of the high skilled jobs (for now) are in those areas.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:32 pm

brewster wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

Yes they are educated to vote Democrat which is a shade more progressive than rural retard Republicans that want to bomb the Taliban.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:34 pm

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 pm
brewster wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

Bogus metric. You are just capturing the demographic density of cities and the fact that most of the high skilled jobs (for now) are in those areas.
It's not a bogus metric. Cities are a function of work vs proximity. The elites are able to congregate where the metric works in their favor so long as you have a civilization.