Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Otern

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Otern » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 am
Putting an entire oil terminal out of action as well. You should stick to cod fishing.
Five oil fields, and one terminal are out of action now. They couldn't fuck this up any worse even if they tried. The ship alone is worth an entire year's naval budget.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am

Otern wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:44 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:38 am
Otern wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:57 am

And so far, I'd guess it's not the fault of the tanker. Looks like incompetence on part of the frigate crew here.
Why do you say that? From what I've read the frigate was docked and the tanker ran into it.
The tanker came from the right. Which gives the tanker the right of way according to sea navigation laws.
The frigate had turned off its transponder, so the tanker couldn't see it, even if it wanted to. Not a smart thing to do in an area with heavy civilian traffic.
The tanker is way larger than the frigate, which gives it the right of way.

The frigate was not docked. It was out in open water. It's not sure if it was moving or not yet though.

So far, there's absolutely no indication of the tanker doing something wrong, but every indication of the frigate crew and command being fucking incompetent.
Both articles I read said the frigate was docked and the tanker ran into it. Both North American outlets though so I bow to your local knowledge.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:36 am

Those greek sailors were probably too busy sodomizing eachother (as Greeks are wont to do) to pay attention to steering their boat. Dirty Greeks are always to blame for problems at sea. They coat their entire bodies in olive oil and wrestle nude. Very big problem in the Greek navy.
Shikata ga nai

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am
Both articles I read said the frigate was docked and the tanker ran into it. Both North American outlets though so I bow to your local knowledge.
Newest information here now is that the frigate was moving. It was going towards the same area where the tanker sailed from. So it was definitely not docked. It was probably moving, and maybe even towards the tanker.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am

Those Nords are going to have a Cold Winter without that oil. Plus with their navy gone I imagine that the Estonians will probably just annex their entire nation.
Shikata ga nai

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 am

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/w ... ce=vgfront

Here is a map of the movements of both ships.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 am

Tanker = EVIL
This is how western media has been since I was a kid.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am

Otern wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am
The newest information here now is that the frigate was moving. It was going towards the same area where the tanker sailed from. So it was definitely not docked. It was probably moving, and maybe even towards the tanker.
The story hasn't made the BBC news yet. Headline news is the mass shooting by the marine corps veteran in California.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 am
Tanker = EVIL
This is how western media has been since I was a kid.
Lucky it was the frigate that sunk and not the tanker.

Otern

Post by Otern » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 am

This ship cost every Norwegian 1000 NOK each. (Every five million of us)

So, to compare to the US, for them to have an equivalent naval disaster, they'd need to lose three Ford class carriers.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's not like this is the first major financial fuck up of the Norwegian armed forces. But it's probably the worst. Probably the most expensive nap/blowjob/whatever that lookout ever had.

They could've bought a milsurp mauser for every Norwegian man, woman and tranny for the same costs.