Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am
The melting pot idea was a huge mistake. FYI, cousins. Bad idea. Do not emulate.
The melting pot has been great.

The question is what is the correct heat temperature to get the necessary amount of melting.
More like how much salt is too much....

And it hasn't been "great" for the last 30 years...don't conflate the 1870's with post-1960 immigration "reform".
Disunion through diversity = Bad
Union through homogenety= Good
Union through diversity = Best

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:25 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

The melting pot has been great.

The question is what is the correct heat temperature to get the necessary amount of melting.
More like how much salt is too much....

And it hasn't been "great" for the last 30 years...don't conflate the 1870's with post-1960 immigration "reform".
Disunion through diversity = Bad
Union through homogenety= Good
Union through diversity = Best

I want you to just stop right there. Break out a dictionary. Look up two words:

1. Unity
2. Diversity

These are two opposite things. Diversity is etymologically related to division, which is the opposite of unity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:35 pm

To increase diversity literally means to create division.

I don't use the word literally here in my usual joking fashion. I use it literally. :dance:

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

There is diversity of gender in my marriage even though the unity is strong.

2 different appliancations of words unity and diversity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

And.. men and women vote as opposing blocs in national elections. So apparently your marriage analogy does not exactly scale up..

1. Diversity

2. No identity politics

Pick one and only one.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm
And.. men and women vote as opposing blocs in national elections. So apparently your marriage analogy does not exactly scale up..

1. Diversity

2. No identity politics

Pick one and only one.
We had a civil war after 80 years with only white men voting.

We are over 100 with universal franchise.

Sorry, the data makes you uncomfortable.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

1. Diversity

2. No identity politics

Pick one and only one.

Yeah. That was just two cultural divisions. Not even race and religion to divide us, and we still wiped out about half a million of our people.

So what makes you think increasing division is going to make us more unified?

More apropos: when are you going to finally realize you are brainwashed and spouting newspeak with this "diversity equals unity" slogan?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Did you not read the part where I suggested that the policy would lead to boats setting off in the dark and actively avoiding the rescue boats?
Fewer rescues would lead to more bodies being washed up on the coastline of the Med.
I guess if you value African and Middle Eastern lives less than you do European lives then this is acceptable.
But hey, nobody is just calling them all terrorists yet and that is an improvement on previous discussions of this topic.
I did. Didn't consider it important. I am not arguing no one should do rescue operations. If you save a migrant from drowning off the Tunisian coast, and bring that migrant back to Tunisia... does that mean the migrant "actually" drowned? :think:

I don't call them all terrorists. I'm not StA. I don't believe in "dhimmification", or "invasion". I believe in the cold, hard fact that they're not working, not integrating into society, not educating themselves, that they make up a disproportionate number in general crime statistics. Drug crime, in particular, but also the more sensational - yet factual - higher rate of sexual crimes. Lower rates of educational levels, lower rates of workforce participation.

And it makes no difference if it had been refugee Armenians or Georgians drowning in the Black Sea. I'd prefer a system where there's some sort of asylum representative for various countries within the refugee camps in Tunisia and Libya, and in those camps they can apply for asylum in X country.No need to cross dangerous oceans, no great waste of money on the European governments side, and asylum seekers gain clearer resolution.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

The thing is they know that the smugglers know that the NGO rescue ships are there so they just take the immigrants out to sea, scuttle the the boat and radio their position. Then they take off in a following motorboat and leave the immigrants to the NGOs. Easy money.
Now the Italians won’t allow the latest MSF rescue craft, the Aquarus, into their harbor. They have 600 immigrants on board. Malta also says no. Spain has stepped up and say they are welcome to come to Valencia and seek reffuge.
So now they are on their way on a four day cruise to Spain. From a couple of miles of the African shore. A lot of the migrants are getting anxious. They are from completely peaceful nations like Morocco and Tunisia. Spain has well established routines to bring them home again. Mutiny is brewing.

A trip on a rubber raft to the EU is about £5000. A plane ticket would be about £500. So why don’t they just come by plane? It’s because the EU has made the airlines responsible. If they transport someone who doesn’t have a legal right to enter they will have to carry all the costs. So any potential refugee has to show a valid Visa to the check-in counter or convince the airline they have reasonable cause to be considered a refugee. Same rules apply to all ship traffic.

If the EU really care about these people they could just revoke those rules. Why don’t they? We all know the answer. The cost would be unbearable.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

1. Diversity

2. No identity politics

Pick one and only one.

Yeah. That was just two cultural divisions. Not even race and religion to divide us, and we still wiped out about half a million of our people.

So what makes you think increasing division is going to make us more unified?

More apropos: when are you going to finally realize you are brainwashed and spouting newspeak with this "diversity equals unity" slogan?
Diversity /= unity

Next challenge.