Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am
The question was whether or not to take migrants to Italy or drop them off in Tunisia.
Enacting the latter will lead to more drowning as boats would set out at night and actively avoid the ships patroling the area trying to prevent them from dying at sea.
Sending them to Tunisia will also have the bonus effect of further destabilising yet another Northern African country and making matters worse.
LOL WHAT???

The reason Tunisians are committing attempted suicide by drowning is because they know these criminal NGOs will pick them up and take them to Italy. If the ships picked them up and dropped them back off in Tunesia, I doubt they'd bother.

Do you even bother to read what you post?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The question was whether or not to take migrants to Italy or drop them off in Tunisia.
Enacting the latter will lead to more drowning as boats would set out at night and actively avoid the ships patroling the area trying to prevent them from dying at sea.
Sending them to Tunisia will also have the bonus effect of further destabilising yet another Northern African country and making matters worse.
False.

If your argument is that if they get turned away, they will try again, then a refusal of their asylum application in Italy will surely also lead to them trying the Med again, no? Ergo, being refused in Italy, or wherever they land in Europe, leads also to more drownings. No one is "sending them to" Tunisia, that's where they sailed off from, so they're sent back to their latest destination. Seems logical to me. Sure, most of them arrived there illegally from someplace else already, but their journey to Tunisia isn't where "we" sent them. That's where they sent themselves.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
LOL WHAT???

The reason Tunisians are committing attempted suicide by drowning is because they know these criminal NGOs will pick them up and take them to Italy. If the ships picked them up and dropped them back off in Tunesia, I doubt they'd bother.

It's not Tunisians filling those boats you berk.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 pm
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
LOL WHAT???

It's not Tunisians filling those boats you berk.
Do you honestly not understand that this all began when Merkel said Germany was open house for "refugees"? When you start letting them in, they all flood over.

Dude, I am a native Floridian. I lived through this several times. Cuba and Haiti are prime examples. It doesn't stop until you start sending them back.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm

BjornP wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Maybe you didn't read Hasturs post. It was his suggestion that they be rescued from the Libyan coast and taken to Tunisia that I originally responded to.
False.

If your argument is that if they get turned away, they will try again, then a refusal of their asylum application in Italy will surely also lead to them trying the Med again, no? Ergo, being refused in Italy, or wherever they land in Europe, leads also to more drownings. No one is "sending them to" Tunisia, that's where they sailed off from, so they're sent back to their latest destination. Seems logical to me. Sure, most of them arrived there illegally from someplace else already, but their journey to Tunisia isn't where "we" sent them. That's where they sent themselves.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

It's patently obvious that Monte and his ilk has a vastly different view of how the world should operate...there's no more compromising for me.

I reject his position.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am
The melting pot idea was a huge mistake. FYI, cousins. Bad idea. Do not emulate.
The melting pot has been great.

The question is what is the correct heat temperature to get the necessary amount of melting.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I realize that, Monte. It's your reply to that I've been commenting. I don't see how rescuing them the Libyan coast and taking them to Tunisia amounts to "letting them drown". It's the oppose, in fact. Your argument seems to be that it's equal to letting them drown because they will keep trying. To which I reply: Even if they reached Italy, they might get a negative on their asylum application and get sent back. You follow, so far? In THAT scenario, following your logic, does that not also lead to "letting them drown"? Because a denied asylum application on Italian dry land means the same thing as being sent to Tunisia? That you won't get to Europe?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 pm
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am
The melting pot idea was a huge mistake. FYI, cousins. Bad idea. Do not emulate.
The melting pot has been great.

The question is what is the correct heat temperature to get the necessary amount of melting.
More like how much salt is too much....

And it hasn't been "great" for the last 30 years...don't conflate the 1870's with post-1960 immigration "reform".

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

BjornP wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:10 pm
I realize that, Monte. It's your reply to that I've been commenting. I don't see how rescuing them the Libyan coast and taking them to Tunisia amounts to "letting them drown". It's the oppose, in fact. Your argument seems to be that it's equal to letting them drown because they will keep trying. To which I reply: Even if they reached Italy, they might get a negative on their asylum application and get sent back. You follow, so far? In THAT scenario, following your logic, does that not also lead to "letting them drown"? Because a denied asylum application on Italian dry land means the same thing as being sent to Tunisia? That you won't get to Europe?
Did you not read the part where I suggested that the policy would lead to boats setting off in the dark and actively avoiding the rescue boats?
Fewer rescues would lead to more bodies being washed up on the coastline of the Med.
I guess if you value African and Middle Eastern lives less than you do European lives then this is acceptable.
But hey, nobody is just calling them all terrorists yet and that is an improvement on previous discussions of this topic.