Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 26, 2018 7:40 am

Fife wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 am
You're a fucking lawyer.
You should know the difference between contempt of court and "talking about rape gangs".
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 26, 2018 7:47 am

Oh, I know the difference, alright. Being a lawyer has precious little to do with understanding the "IT'S LEGALLLL" defense of Stasi political prosecutions.

Good luck with that m8, as that shit will be boomeranging back on you so fast that your juggling head will swim.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:38 am
Well you see you are falling for this " the state is trying to murder Robinson" nonsense that StA is selling.
Robinson is not going to die, he'll do about 6 months in a low security jail and come out talking the same old shit and trying to start a race war.

I don't think he will be sharing a cell with some Jihadis because the govt want him dead. That's all tin foil hat crap of the highest order.
I don't think they want to kill him, or see him dead while under their care. It would be really, really stupid, to let him die in prison, as it would make him a martyr.

But your attitude towards him potentially dying in prison is what scares me. Because if enough people have that attitude, there's less of an incentive for the state to actually protect the inmates. If society find it acceptable, prison just turns into an easy way to remove troublemakers permanently.

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am

# people in prison per 100,000 citizens

US - 655
England - 146

While I find Monte's attitude about this stuff to be reprehensible, there's still something about people in glass houses.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 am

Kath wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am

US - 655
England - 146

While I find Monte's attitude about this stuff to be reprehensible, there's still something about people in glass houses.
And pointing out the Stasi-Sharia takeover of the UK judicial system has what, exactly, to do with the obscenity of the WOD in the US?

I don't live in a glass house. Which is good, cause when it comes to throwing rocks; I'm incorrigible.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat May 26, 2018 8:00 am

Kath wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am

US - 655
England - 146

A lot of people have that attitude here, which has led indirectly to our fabulous incarceration rate.

I guess we had hoped for a little better from the British.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 am

Otern wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:12 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 pm
To be crystal clear, when a criminal goes to jail I lose no sleep. If his enemies kill him in jail he will learn the hard way that actions have consequences.
The states job is to protect the majority from scum like Robinson.
I'm sorry, but you're turning into something scary here. Worse than Nukedog's transformation to Nazism, because people like you are considered reasonable and common.

Any functional state need to protect the people they incarcerate. I'm no fan of Tommy Robinson, but he, like any other person has rights. And it's the state's job to protect ALL people's rights. Getting killed in prison, because he's unwanted by "civil society" does not make it a civil society anymore.

If you think it's in any way ok for a prisoner to be murdered, you're no better than the people that supported the Holocaust, as long as they didn't have to personally pull the trigger. Last time I checked, Britain didn't have the death penalty. And pledging indifference to a prison murder, is even worse than death penalty, because at least the death penalty is a punishment received in a court. Lynchings are not ok.

Allowing the British prison system do devolve into gangs, lynchings, shower rape and all kind of extrajudicial "justice" will only bring hell upon your society. Because most of these people will be released one day. And they'll have every incentive to get back at the society, which has declared war on them through their indifference.

It's this kind of mindset that's part of why the US murder rate is higher than the rest of the western countries. A dehumanizing, lawless prison system, will not make anything better. It will just give a little dopamine boost in our primal sense of "justice", knowing that criminals, no matter how small time, will receive hell.

It's not the Nukedogs of Europe that will throw us into fascism again. They're far too extreme, and few in numbers. It's people like you. If enough regular people are indifferent to human rights violations against hated groups, it'll just get worse, quickly.
You are making a lot of assumptions about the British prison system.
Our prisons are suffering from the same austerity cutbacks as our police and health services and could be a lot better than they are now. The authorities have not just abandoned their duty of care though. Robinson will be given protection that I don't think he deserves and will live to continue spewing his bile.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat May 26, 2018 8:05 am

Fife wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 am
And pointing out the Stasi-Sharia takeover of the UK judicial system has what, exactly, to do with the obscenity of the WOD in the US?
Just the comments about what England is becoming, wrt jailing people who go against the state. We do that, but worse, by orders of magnitude. So it's a bit of pot meet kettle. A friendly reminder to not chastise others too harshly for that which we do ourselves.

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 am
Robinson will be given protection that I don't think he deserves and will live to continue spewing his bile.
It's amazing to me that not only don't you enjoy freedom of speech, but that you don't even realize it should be a freedom.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 26, 2018 8:08 am

We haven't done anything as fascistic as what just happened to Tommy Robinson in a few generations. Nobody is defending it when it happens here. We are criticizing a person in England who actually supports it. Stop behaving like Cathy Newman all the time.