Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

Just a question. I’m curious if you can tell me.
A declaration of war has nothing to do with whether or not a state of war exists. It's a procedural step that was relevant before the CIC had a preexisting authorization of force that negates the need for a war declaration after the fact.

You'd think your dumb ass would stop thinking you have any business talking military matters after all the times it's been shown that you don't know a fucking thing about any of it.
So then we’ve just dropped that portion of the Constitution for good?

Does the CIC having authorization to use force mean that any target of force is considered a war target?

If so, then are we not at war with the entire globe, depending on the whims of the CIC?

Is there any reason to apply civilian law to anything?
It's the product of letting civilians vote. You want to end the forever war, you have to give up your vote.

Of course you have no intention of doing that, because the status quo works out perfectly for you. You get to vote for anything you want, and you never have to pay for any of it.

That's how we got here.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

A declaration of war has nothing to do with whether or not a state of war exists. It's a procedural step that was relevant before the CIC had a preexisting authorization of force that negates the need for a war declaration after the fact.

You'd think your dumb ass would stop thinking you have any business talking military matters after all the times it's been shown that you don't know a fucking thing about any of it.

Does the CIC having authorization to use force mean that any target of force is considered a war target?

If so, then are we not at war with the entire globe, depending on the whims of the CIC?

It's the product of letting civilians vote. You want to end the forever war, you have to give up your vote.

Of course you have no intention of doing that, because the status quo works out perfectly for you. You get to vote for anything you want, and you never have to pay for any of it.

That's how we got here.
No, we got here by allowing uneducated civilians to vote.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

That's how we got here.
No, we got here by allowing uneducated civilians to vote.
Shush. No one pulled your chain.

It's all of you. Virtually everyone understands that endless war with a volunteer army won't affect them if they don't volunteer. Same thing with a congress that shirks its duties, it doesn't matter when 99% of the population isn't affected by it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 am

Could you tell me what vote I might have cast at any point in the past 20 years that would avoid this?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am

That fact that you people vote at all means we have no good options. The politicians we get are a product of demand by the electorate. None of you really give a shit about the wars, despite your virtue signalling on the Internet. You vote for politicians who promise you what you care about and those politicians carry on the wars, business as usual.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 am
Could you tell me what vote I might have cast at any point in the past 20 years that would avoid this?
IT'S YOUR FAULT THERE AREN'T ANY OPTIONS.

Do you not fucking grasp that?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Not really, no. How did I restrict voting options to two identical candidates?

What action should I have taken to provide a “not blow up the world” candidate?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am
That fact that you people vote at all means we have no good options. The politicians we get are a product of demand by the electorate. None of you really give a shit about the wars, despite your virtue signalling on the Internet. You vote for politicians who promise you what you care about and those politicians carry on the wars, business as usual.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Not really, no. How did I restrict voting options to two identical candidates?

What action should I have taken to provide a “not blow up the world” candidate?
You are the problem.

The government we have is the government of the civilians. You don't care about wars, because they don't affect you, so the government you elect doesn't care either, because it doesn't affect them.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 am

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:11 am
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am
So then the entire country should be run by the military. Because otherwise we invade the world.

This is not an original idea, you know.

Before you go back to “landowners and businessmen”, who do you think is making all the money off these wars?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace