Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:56 am
So we need to raise taxes, then? Shocking proposal.

''This is not your country. Worry about your own shit.''
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Okay, have fun in your anarcho-tyranny police state where the police let the jihadis rape and murder with impunity and then haul you off to the rape cage if you complain about it on Facebook!

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:51 pm

6 arrests a day, last I heard.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Do not fuck with Dr. Strange.
June 2 (UPI) — Sherlock and Doctor Strange star Benedict Cumberbatch came to the aid of a food delivery man on a bicycle as he was being attacked by four assailants in London.

The Independent newspaper reported Saturday the 41-year-actor was in an Uber car with his wife, Sophie Hunter, when he saw someone hit the cyclist over the head with a wine bottle as the others tried to rob him.

Witnesses said Cumberbatch yelled, “Leave him alone!” at the attackers, then jumped out of his car and dragged the men off of the victim when they wouldn’t stop.

The attackers fled the scene with nothing and Cumberbatch hugged the victim, making sure he was OK.

“Benedict was courageous, brave and selfless,” said Manuel Dias, the Uber driver who also tried to help. “Here was Sherlock Holmes fighting off four attackers just round the corner from Baker Street.”

Baker Street is the fictional home of the detective Cumberbatch plays on the television series Sherlock.

The Sun said Cumberatch played down his involvement in the incident.

“I did it out of, well, I had to, you know ?” the newspaper quoted him as saying.

“We’d like to thank Benedict Cumberbatch for his heroic actions. On behalf of everyone at deliveroo: thank you so much,” a spokesman for the victim’s employer, Deliveroo, said.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/benedict- ... ssailants/

Imagine that prison tale. "I got fucked up and sent to prison by Benedict Cumberbatch"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:21 pm

:clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:45 am

Meanwhile,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Weird but interesting and a bit disturbing to hear about "free-range" Alzheimer's patients.
Work has begun on France’s first "Alzheimer's village” where patients will be given free rein without medication in a purpose-built medieval-style citadel designed to increase their freedom and reduce anxiety.

Residents of the village in Dax, southwestern France, will be able to shop in a small supermarket, go to the hairdressers, local brasserie, library, gym and even a little farm.

They will live in small shared houses designed to reflect their personal tastes and in four districts reminiscent of the southwestern French region between forests and the seashore.

While it may sound similar to a typical residential complex, the inhabitants are all men and women suffering from Alzheimer’s, the commonest cause of dementia. It is an irreversible, progressive brain disorder that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills and, eventually, the ability to carry out the simplest tasks.

Allowing them to live in an almost normal village helps “maintain (patients’) participation in social life,” said professor Jean-François Dartigues, neurologist at the Pellegrin university hospital in Bordeaux.

“The brain is the organ of human relations par excellence," he said.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... -patients/

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:12 pm

New Italian govt vows to create jobs, deport migrants
https://apnews.com/2c3771ee21c045c3ac87 ... t-migrants
“The free ride is over,” League leader Matteo Salvini, Italy’s new interior minister, warned migrants at a rally in northern Italy. “It’s time to pack your bags.”

The pledge of mass deportations to come was a reminder that Italy has a staunchly anti-immigrant, right-wing party in its governing coalition — and that the European Union will face a whole new partner governing its fourth-largest economy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 am

While I generally don't condone criminalizing parents who leave kids to play or be home alone, I'd say there's also a sensible lower limit - around age seven, and even then not for more than half a day. The Pokemon Go detail, though... :|
Many states have laws about leaving young kids home alone. It ranges from 6 years (Kansas) to 14 years (Illinois.)

I think 6 is far too young to leave a kid alone for more than a few minutes, but 14 is just plain silly, if we're talking about 1/2 day or whatever. Overnight is a different story.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

Kath wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 am
BjornP wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 am

While I generally don't condone criminalizing parents who leave kids to play or be home alone, I'd say there's also a sensible lower limit - around age seven, and even then not for more than half a day. The Pokemon Go detail, though... :|
Many states have laws about leaving young kids home alone. It ranges from 6 years (Kansas) to 14 years (Illinois.)

I think 6 is far too young to leave a kid alone for more than a few minutes, but 14 is just plain silly, if we're talking about 1/2 day or whatever. Overnight is a different story.
Age is a poor measuring stick for maturity. But it's the tool we have to work with.

Parents need to show they are responsible creatures as well. Are the parents leaving the 9 year old in charge of 4 kids because they are out working 2 jobs to make a better life for the family or are the parents leaving the 9 year old in charge because Momma needs to get her groove on.
PLATA O PLOMO