Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:17 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:55 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:36 pm

What would make you happy?

You always think America is about to collapse. I am guilty of this quite a bit too, but something to consider is that whatever numbers/graphs/proof is presented, Zero Hedge will always say (and has been for years) that they are wrong and that the end is near. I read a book about a UFO cult written by a psychologist back in the day. The cult leader said that the world would end at a certain time. When the world didn't end, it did not shake their faith. Rather they doubled down. To me, that seems like what Zero Hedge and similar constituents want. There are dogmatic Trumpists and SJWs that think everything will work in their favor. But it seems equally perverse to just want things to take a nosedive just to be vindicated.

Eventually, the economy will go to shit, but this is not indicative of Zero Hedge's unique perspective. Undergrad economists are aware of the boom/bust cycle.
Honestly, I’m not looking forward to any sort of collapse. My priority is seeing through bullshit, and attempting to be prepared.

I can’t stand the constant drumbeat about them greatest economy ever’, because I know it’s false. It’s doctored numbers, insane levels of money printing, and propaganda, while the elites siphon off all the wealth they can hoard. I give absolutely zero fucks about political affiliation - I just hate the swamp/the elites/the game/whatever.

Similarly, I was among the first to recognize the Coronavirus threat. Not because I’m paranoid, but because I noticed the absurd overreaction of the elites in response to it. They knew it was serious right from the beginning.

Now they’ve put 400 million people on house arrest. You can choose to believe that they’re just being REALLY FUCKING CAREFUL because 300 people died, or you can realize that they’re full of shit (as always), and this thing is the next Spanish Flu. Even more, you can be pretty sure that it’s a bio weapon that the idiots released upon the world.

My motive is not to watch the world burn. It’s to point out the sparks, and hopefully save a few of us from annihilation.
Where is your evidence that it is a bioweapon run amok beyond that one non peered reviewed article? If we are going that route, I have dozens of non peer reviewed articles proving Creationism. I have no idea how bad the virus will be, but I also remember Swine flu, SARS etc.

Additionally, I don't really get why Zero Hedge is some extra trustworthty source. While I share your scepticism of US media and Chinese media, as other users have pointed out, Zero Hedge has numerous ties to the Russian govt/intelligence services. Why would you trust the Russian govt especially? They aren't exactly known for their press freedom.
It’s not that hard to think critically, and read with a grain of salt. If I see an article about ‘the inevitable collapse of the west’ or something, I skip it or skim for data points.

Essentially, just put your own pieces together. One article might have a link to a scientific study that backs it up, another might just show HuffPo saying some dumb shit.

These things are not even a challenge for citizens of the internet. The only ones swallowing hook line and sinker are the elderly and imbeciles - which we will never run out of.

Using this, I was able to call the PetroDollar, Coronavirus, and the fake stock market months before anyone else. I get early reports of anything coming down the pike, and I verify for myself.

There is simply no other way to escape the monopoly news machine, unless I spend all day on 4chan and end up like NukeDog.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:35 pm

i don't trust a news source unless they can give me the superlotto numbers atleast 1 week in advance

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:43 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:17 pm
heydaralon wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Honestly, I’m not looking forward to any sort of collapse. My priority is seeing through bullshit, and attempting to be prepared.

I can’t stand the constant drumbeat about them greatest economy ever’, because I know it’s false. It’s doctored numbers, insane levels of money printing, and propaganda, while the elites siphon off all the wealth they can hoard. I give absolutely zero fucks about political affiliation - I just hate the swamp/the elites/the game/whatever.

Similarly, I was among the first to recognize the Coronavirus threat. Not because I’m paranoid, but because I noticed the absurd overreaction of the elites in response to it. They knew it was serious right from the beginning.

Now they’ve put 400 million people on house arrest. You can choose to believe that they’re just being REALLY FUCKING CAREFUL because 300 people died, or you can realize that they’re full of shit (as always), and this thing is the next Spanish Flu. Even more, you can be pretty sure that it’s a bio weapon that the idiots released upon the world.

My motive is not to watch the world burn. It’s to point out the sparks, and hopefully save a few of us from annihilation.
Where is your evidence that it is a bioweapon run amok beyond that one non peered reviewed article? If we are going that route, I have dozens of non peer reviewed articles proving Creationism. I have no idea how bad the virus will be, but I also remember Swine flu, SARS etc.

Additionally, I don't really get why Zero Hedge is some extra trustworthty source. While I share your scepticism of US media and Chinese media, as other users have pointed out, Zero Hedge has numerous ties to the Russian govt/intelligence services. Why would you trust the Russian govt especially? They aren't exactly known for their press freedom.
It’s not that hard to think critically, and read with a grain of salt. If I see an article about ‘the inevitable collapse of the west’ or something, I skip it or skim for data points.

Essentially, just put your own pieces together. One article might have a link to a scientific study that backs it up, another might just show HuffPo saying some dumb shit.

These things are not even a challenge for citizens of the internet. The only ones swallowing hook line and sinker are the elderly and imbeciles - which we will never run out of.

Using this, I was able to call the PetroDollar, Coronavirus, and the fake stock market months before anyone else. I get early reports of anything coming down the pike, and I verify for myself.

There is simply no other way to escape the monopoly news machine, unless I spend all day on 4chan and end up like NukeDog.
I can't take them seriously man. They have predicted hundreds if not thousands of times that the US economy is going to collapse. I would compare them to Left Behinder's who say that Christ is coming back on a certain date. Then the date keeps changing.

Also can you elaborate on Petro$ and fake stock market?

Is there a time in history where you think the stock market was accurate?

I think you have said that you believe the 80's were when the elites started fucking over everyone. I didn't live through the 70's, but I have read enough about them and talked to people who lived through them. It doesn't make me nostalgic. Lines miles long to get gas etc. The fact that we both have the time to waste (for me during work even) debating frivolous shit on this forum tells me that we have a standard of living that most Americans in history would kill for. There is fuckery at the top, and numbers are fudged, but there has never been a time where this wasn't so.
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:07 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:43 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I can't take them seriously man. They have predicted hundreds if not thousands of times that the US economy is going to collapse. I would compare them to Left Behinder's who say that Christ is coming back on a certain date. Then the date keeps changing.

I think you have said that you believe the 80's were when the elites started fucking over everyone. I didn't live through the 70's, but I have read enough about them and talked to people who lived through them. It doesn't make me nostalgic. Lines miles long to get gas etc. The fact that we both have the time to waste (for me during work even) debating frivolous shit on this forum tells me that we have a standard of living that most Americans in history would kill for. There is fuckery at the top, and numbers are fudged, but there has never been a time where this wasn't so.
Sorry, Nixon took us off the good standard in 1971, the 70s are far from "nostalgic" other than maybe being the Disco era.

The 60s maybe, and that's debatable because of the war, protests, civil rights, etc. Financially yes, maybe it was the last decade on the gold standard, but we'd already spent ourselves way past what our gold could reimburse.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:35 pm

He wanted to be the first to call it. He seemed inevitable like Bish

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm

heydaralon wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Petro-dollar is the Chinese oil contract, sold in Yuan rather than dollars. Essentially breaking our global monopoly on oil. The last few guys to try this were Saddam and Ghaddafi. But we can’t ‘regime change’ China so easily.

As for the market, the fall probably began after WW2 with the absurd levels of MIC spending that Ike warned about. Nixon made money into a fiction, and Clinton finished the job by repealing Glass-Steagal - allowing banks to gamble with their savings accounts. Once that happened, there was no longer any legitimacy to equity trading. The Fed has been printing money like Zimbabwe to keep the ball rolling, but it’s only a matter of time now before collapse.

Regarding inequality, yours is t he most common argument - that we have it better than anyone in history. That’s not debatable - of course we do.

However, consider the change in human productivity over the past few decades. It’s exponential. A picture being worth a thousand words, this is my favorite:

DB142C54-9E61-4136-9814-E684040F40EB.png
The gap between those lines is waste, corruption, and ‘executives’ taking 300x their average employees pay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:35 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm
heydaralon wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Petro-dollar is the Chinese oil contract, sold in Yuan rather than dollars. Essentially breaking our global monopoly on oil. The last few guys to try this were Saddam and Ghaddafi. But we can’t ‘regime change’ China so easily.

As for the market, the fall probably began after WW2 with the absurd levels of MIC spending that Ike warned about. Nixon made money into a fiction, and Clinton finished the job by repealing Glass-Steagal - allowing banks to gamble with their savings accounts. Once that happened, there was no longer any legitimacy to equity trading. The Fed has been printing money like Zimbabwe to keep the ball rolling, but it’s only a matter of time now before collapse.

Regarding inequality, yours is t he most common argument - that we have it better than anyone in history. That’s not debatable - of course we do.

However, consider the change in human productivity over the past few decades. It’s exponential. A picture being worth a thousand words, this is my favorite:

DB142C54-9E61-4136-9814-E684040F40EB.png

The gap between those lines is waste, corruption, and ‘executives’ taking 300x their average employees pay.

Collapse will come when the Government cant afford medicare and medicaid payments, which are on track to be in the trillions by 2024. Then taxes either go through the roof or the programs are cut back and the proles riot.

By all rights, we should have gone under decades ago - it’s reserve status that allows us to play games - but eventually, inflation will drag us down. The fed is struggling right now to keep the system from imploding.

It will be interesting to see what happens over next 4-5 years.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 am

lol the collapse might be happening right now just by virtue of the global supply chain shutting down. I remember debating the risks of global capitalism with the DCF libertarians and they assured me it is best to let markets become more efficient by offshoring production to places like China. That turned out false.

If God forbid this becomes a deadly pandemic, globalism will be the final casualty.

Capitalism is not much less dangerous than socialism. You just have emotionally-invested conservatives and libertarians who still refuse to accept that this would not happen like it is without global capitalism.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 am

I’m reminded of the Bronze Age Collapse. All it takes is a shutdown in the supply chain. I’ve been telling friends I’m not scared of the virus so much as the ensuing panic.

Get food now.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 am
I’m reminded of the Bronze Age Collapse. All it takes is a shutdown in the supply chain. I’ve been telling friends I’m not scared of the virus so much as the ensuing panic.

Get food now.
Just let the magical invisible hand of free market capitalism handle it, guy. Pay no mind to the fact that the market religion is why China is the producer of the drugs we need, as well as the basic kit like disinfectant, masks, and gloves.