Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:48 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:27 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:07 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:18 pm
Wheat prices soar to trigger trading halt for 5th straight day, surging nearly 50% since Russia invaded the bread basket of Europe
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wheat-p ... 26322.html

The surge in wheat prices, with the Chicago SRW Wheat futures jumping 7% to $12.94 per bushel, comes as Ukraine's farm season will no doubt be disrupted by the ongoing attack by Russia. In futures markets, limit up or down refers to the maximum increase or decrease in price that is allowed in a single trading day.
You know, I'd like to know who is pumping money into the future to cause the prices to go so high... follow the money.
It's all about Oil Prices.
Grain production is highly petroleum reliant. Fuel to run the machinery, Herbicides, Pesticides, Fertilizers.

At current prices an average tractor doing a days works requires $1000 of fuel for one day.
My brothers Fertilizer bill on 2400 acres is $150,000, and he bought early getting in cheap.

A lot of farmers are not going to be able to afford fertilizers an herbicides and their yields will go way down.
Hey man part of the reason I allegedly left telegram was b/c of all the Holodomor 2.0 doom posting. You're freaking me out! Lol
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:53 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:48 am

Hey man part of the reason I allegedly left telegram was b/c of all the Holodomor 2.0 doom posting. You're freaking me out! Lol
:lol:

As we both knoow, Starving people is standard Commie practice. Western liberal democracy are now led by Communists.
I have no doubt Justin Trudeau would empty the grocery stores and have food rationed by the government if he felt he needed to.

Note Hungary just announced a freeze on all wheat exports. Several countries have done that. It will just increase the demand as many nations with supplies seek to hunker down and weather the storm. At least Hungary is looking out for it's own people.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:53 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:48 am

:lol:

As we both knoow, Starving people is standard Commie practice. Western liberal democracy are now led by Communists.
I have no doubt Justin Trudeau would empty the grocery stores and have food rationed by the government if he felt he needed to.

Note Hungary just announced a freeze on all wheat exports. Several countries have done that. It will just increase the demand as many nations with supplies seek to hunker down and weather the storm. At least Hungary is looking out for it's own people.
It's astonishing that we are selling our grain in such large quantities even now. I wonder if we will decrease our exporting soonish? I heard we are also in some sort of fucked up way paying farmers to not grow wheat...do you know if that is true? Is there an incentive to grow something else idk...I always thought we grew too much grain to be honest, and I know from Texas to Alberta we grow plenty if we managed it properly.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:07 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

It's astonishing that we are selling our grain in such large quantities even now. I wonder if we will decrease our exporting soonish? I heard we are also in some sort of fucked up way paying farmers to not grow wheat...do you know if that is true? Is there an incentive to grow something else idk...I always thought we grew too much grain to be honest, and I know from Texas to Alberta we grow plenty if we managed it properly.
The program is called CRP - Crop Reduction Program, it's been around in some form since LBJ. I think they changed the name to something less accurate for political reasons. Don't want to anyone to know we pay farmed not to grow food. While small farmers do take advantage of this program, it's really for elites who buy up huge tracks of farm land and get paid to do nothing with it. Bill Gates is now the largest owner of Farm ground in the US.

The US plains that you point out, well it can feed the entire world. I'm learning that all modern Famines are because someone wants those people to starve.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:13 am

IMHNSO they are purposely killing the dollar as the sole global reserve currency.

If I'm right, how much buying power will the dollar lose ?
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:13 am
IMHNSO they are purposely killing the dollar as the sole global reserve currency.

That an interesting concept and can obviously happen potentially. I think it'll take a bit longer than a few months to transform that much, but massive projects have to begin somewhere. There's been times throughout history that there wasn't just one dominant currency. Even in a multipolar world I'd figure the U.S. currency would be worth the most for a bit longer. Who knows though.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:28 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:07 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

The program is called CRP - Crop Reduction Program, it's been around in some form since LBJ. I think they changed the name to something less accurate for political reasons. Don't want to anyone to know we pay farmed not to grow food. While small farmers do take advantage of this program, it's really for elites who buy up huge tracks of farm land and get paid to do nothing with it. Bill Gates is now the largest owner of Farm ground in the US.

The US plains that you point out, well it can feed the entire world. I'm learning that all modern Famines are because someone wants those people to starve.
I can see our sleezy oligarchs/elites doing this, but if no one stops them from doing this now then it's treasonous and potentially murderous.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:13 am

That an interesting concept and can obviously happen potentially. I think it'll take a bit longer than a few months to transform that much, but massive projects have to begin somewhere. There's been times throughout history that there wasn't just one dominant currency. Even in a multipolar world I'd figure the U.S. currency would be worth the most for a bit longer. Who knows though.
There have been 6 reserve currencies since 1450, Protuguese, Spanish, Dutch, French, English, US Dollar.
The average lifespan is 94 years, the US Dollar has been the reserve currency since 1921. We are due if nothing else. And central planners want a controlled and directed switch so they maintain control.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:44 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:27 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:07 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:18 pm
Wheat prices soar to trigger trading halt for 5th straight day, surging nearly 50% since Russia invaded the bread basket of Europe
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wheat-p ... 26322.html

The surge in wheat prices, with the Chicago SRW Wheat futures jumping 7% to $12.94 per bushel, comes as Ukraine's farm season will no doubt be disrupted by the ongoing attack by Russia. In futures markets, limit up or down refers to the maximum increase or decrease in price that is allowed in a single trading day.
You know, I'd like to know who is pumping money into the future to cause the prices to go so high... follow the money.
It's all about Oil Prices.
Grain production is highly petroleum reliant. Fuel to run the machinery, Herbicides, Pesticides, Fertilizers.

At current prices an average tractor doing a days works requires $1000 of fuel for one day.
My brothers Fertilizer bill on 2400 acres is $150,000, and he bought early getting in cheap.

A lot of farmers are not going to be able to afford fertilizers an herbicides and their yields will go way down.
This is the problem with a lot of systems out there dependent on one thing.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 am

Canadian Freedom Protesters forced into Gold by Trudeau a month ago at $1840 an ounce
PLATA O PLOMO