Current US Military

Smitty-48

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:09 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:56 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:29 am
as I said, the Nicene Creed states that Jesus is divine, the Son of God, but it did not select what was in the Canon
Wow... not sure how I missed that, but yeah, I also thought that's where the New Testament was canonized. It's a popular misconception. One I held myself until about 5 mins ago. Fascinating.
my faith is that we are all divine, you, me, Jesus of Nazareth, even TC

miraculous Intelligent Design of the Creator

that makes me a heretic tho
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:18 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:54 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 am
I do find the history of religions interesting.
Their evolution as it were.
All religions being man made*, the way they spread and change as they do and how they shape culture interests me from an anthropological point of view.
I now get the opposition by the likes of DSL and Dr Youth to guns, germs and steel because of its omission.

*I'm talking about the church here not faith
the circle is squared when you accept that humanity itself is the divine miracle of the Creator : Intelligent Design

thus Jesus of Nazareth is divine by his humanity
His divinity was by where he came from...his humanity was "gifted" by god.
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, of things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the begotten of God the Father, the Only-begotten, that is of the essence of the Father.

God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten and not made; of the very same nature of the Father, by Whom all things came into being, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible.

Who for us humanity and for our salvation came down from heaven, was incarnate, was made human was born perfectly of the holy virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit.

By whom He took body, soul, and mind, and everything that is in man, truly and not in semblance.

He suffered, was crucified, was buried, rose again on the third day, ascended into heaven with the same body, sat at the right hand of the Father.

He is to come with the same body and with the glory of the Father, to judge the living and the dead; of His kingdom there is no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, in the uncreated and the perfect; Who spoke through the Law, prophets, and Gospels; Who came down upon the Jordan, preached through the apostles, and lived in the saints.

We believe also in only One, Universal, Apostolic, and [Holy] Church; in one baptism in repentance, for the remission, and forgiveness of sins; and in the resurrection of the dead, in the everlasting judgement of souls and bodies, and the Kingdom of Heaven and in the everlasting life.
Either way, believe what you will. The bible was written by man, and in turn, flawed.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:21 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:18 am

Either way, believe what you will. The bible was written by man, and in turn, flawed.
Have you never heard Smitty's ''it's not in a book'' mantra?
You're preaching to the choir there TC.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:24 am

The Conservative wrote:

indeed, it is flawed, particularly the Gospel of John which is the basis of creeds

none the less, I accept Matthew, Mark & Luke as a flawed yet divine transcribing of the oral history of Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth himself never claimed to be God, but I have faith in his inherent divinity none the less

he is me, I am him, we are all the miracles of the Creator
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:21 am
The Conservative wrote:

don't throw the whole book under the bus, the Synoptic Gospels are connected to Jesus of Nazareth and the divine nature of humanity itself therein

the Gospel of John however, is Romanist Popery, beware
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

don't throw the whole book under the bus, the Synoptic Gospels are connected to Jesus of Nazareth and the divine nature of humanity itself therein

And this is why I have an issue with religion. It has the ability to make a thinking man into a gullible follower...

We have wars, and had wars about who's god is right, etc... honestly, if we stuck with religion as a system for the betterment of one's self, and kept it that way... and not use it as a cudgel to demand others think the same way... I would be happier, but the several thousand years that have passed has proven man is too gullible and ignorant to think logically... and lets emotion and religion rule when it should be a guide, and not a crutch.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:59 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:46 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

And this is why I have an issue with religion. It has the ability to make a thinking man into a gullible follower...
well I don't blame Jesus of Nazareth for that, he was in fact a heretic himself

Jesus was fighting the orthodoxy not upholding it
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:

How can that be, if Romanist Popery never picked the Gospels?
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:06 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:04 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

How can that be, if Romanist Popery never picked the Gospels?
:think:
John was Cannon to Roman Christians long before 325 AD

the Council of Nicea did not add nor subtract Gospels from the Cannon, it was already fait accompli by that point
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:09 am

But all the Gospels were agreed upon by:
1) apostolic origin
2) theological correctness
3) authority of the church leaders
4) widespread appropriation of the churches

John is no exception.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"