Re: Did you get the shot?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:13 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:02 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 am
I've run into the job or jab issue recently.

My workplace has said that if the federal mandate is enforced, they'll enforce it willingly. We have a lot of petty tyrants here, masquerading as empathetic people who "care."

I told my boss yesterday that I held deep convictions regarding this vaccine mandate, and any attempts to force me to take it would end with me leaving. I told him I didn't want to leave, but that I was prepared to for the sake of my convictions.

He told me he wouldn't let that happen, and that I didn't have anything to worry about.

Feels good, man.
in the case of a Christian religious exemption, I would accept that as an employer

I'm on the right with the land owning God fearing Patriarchy, and I would protect Christians therein

it still might limit what work I could use you for, but I would find a role where vaccination wasn't required\

it cuts both ways tho, because "my body my choice" is clearly not the Christian position
My position regarding the vaccine is more of a "avoiding food sacrificed to idols" thing. The vax is ineffective, and is being used as an ideological proof of loyalty to the System. I will have no part in it, even if it were as effective as they say.

Bodily autonomy exists only when you're not committing violent assault against something. Abortion? Violent assault and dismemberment. Vaccine Mandate? Assault against an unwilling participant.

And again, it is contextual. I am not against violent assault, but the context in which it happens makes a difference.
well if they are holding you down and jabbing you with a needle by force, that would be different

but an employer saying I have no work for you because vaccination is required to do the job ?

that's not a violent assault to me
Nec Aspera Terrent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:22 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:13 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:02 am

in the case of a Christian religious exemption, I would accept that as an employer

I'm on the right with the land owning God fearing Patriarchy, and I would protect Christians therein

it still might limit what work I could use you for, but I would find a role where vaccination wasn't required\

it cuts both ways tho, because "my body my choice" is clearly not the Christian position
My position regarding the vaccine is more of a "avoiding food sacrificed to idols" thing. The vax is ineffective, and is being used as an ideological proof of loyalty to the System. I will have no part in it, even if it were as effective as they say.

Bodily autonomy exists only when you're not committing violent assault against something. Abortion? Violent assault and dismemberment. Vaccine Mandate? Assault against an unwilling participant.

And again, it is contextual. I am not against violent assault, but the context in which it happens makes a difference.
well if they are holding you down and jabbing you with a needle by force, that would be different

but an employer saying I have no work for you because vaccination is required to do the job ?

that's not a violent assault to me

It is when you have no where else to turn or are being forced out of the society you grew up in - we are under attack by statists -

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:23 am

Fascism is no better than Communism.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:27 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:22 am

It is when you have no where else to turn or are being forced out of the society you grew up in - we are under attack by statists -
I don't subscribe to positive rights

so if a woman says to me, she has a right to an abortion, I say no

just like if an employee says to me he has a right to work a job in contravention of the law, I say no

if you say you're a Christian and you can't take the vaccine because it is against your beliefs ?

I would do what I could for you, within reason, but if I go bankrupt I can't employ anybody at all
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:32 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:23 am
80 million dead, many through starvation, might disagree with you there.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:37 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:32 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:23 am
80 million dead, many through starvation, might disagree with you there.
yeah, I'd definitely take Franco, Pinochet & Mussolini over Stalin, Mao & Pol Pot

my father actually vacationed in Franco's Spain back in the 60's

and he said he didn't encounter any trouble, nobody bothered him, and he was a beatnik at the time
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 am

I guess if you have no problem with authoritarianism, at least Fascism doesn't take your stuff.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:44 am
I guess if you have no problem with authoritarianism, at least Fascism doesn't take your stuff.
I can't say I have no problem with authoritarianism

but I would definitely take Fascists, who are merely tyrants, over Communists, who are totalitarian
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:08 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:05 am
if i was an employer i would tell the feds to suck it
realistically, these are not the sort of positions you can take as an employer, nor as a property owner

if you're going to be a rebel, then you're not going to be able to run a business, nor own a property

there is no escaping the government, unless you are a bachelor college student or something like that
this is all true

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 am