The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm
Think about a One Second After scenario without the knowledge the GI Generation had.
You mean the part where I’m laughing my ass off at the helpless urbanites?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Think about a One Second After scenario without the knowledge the GI Generation had.
Yeah, you get to laugh at them, until they come harvest your garden for you. I'm close enough to a town that I have to deal with the same issues.

You've done really well, what you are doing is super cool.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:48 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:05 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Yeah, you get to laugh at them, until they come harvest your garden for you. I'm close enough to a town that I have to deal with the same issues.

You've done really well, what you are doing is super cool.
Thanks bro mag.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm

We just need to work on your ability to hold on to that food when your neighbors start to show up at your door with hungry sick kids.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:04 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm
We just need to work on your ability to hold on to that food when your neighbors start to show up at your door with hungry sick kids.
You might be amazed at the lack of fucks I give, where family is concerned. ;)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:16 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:04 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm
You might be amazed at the lack of fucks I give, where family is concerned. ;)
Oh the ways that can be interpreted.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:08 pm

Vox Populi has started a war with Boomers................. grab your popcorn
Dear Boomer,

No one, since the literal creation of Man, has accepted "but the Devil made me do it" as an excuse. No one forced you to reject your history, your traditions, your nation, and your ancestors. No one made you neglect your children and your grandchildren. No one forced you to go into debt and eat the seed corn.

You did those things. No one did them for you or to you. You were presented with more freedom than nearly any other generation in human history and you freely chose to be wicked. You created the "latchkey children". You failed to pass on a functional society. You failed to pass on the knowledge that your fathers passed on to you. You planted no trees. You strip-mined the economy. You left your wives, and left your husbands, and you shattered your families, simply because no one forcibly stopped you. And if anyone tried to convince you otherwise, you dismissed them as fascists and religious freaks.

So don't blame your parents, society, the Jews, Vietnam, the black community, the communists, Kondratiev waves, or anything else. None of your excuses matter and none of them will be accepted by anyone. The more you defend yourself, the more you will be despised by the younger generations and the generations still to come. You're not sexy, you're not cool, and the Beatles will be forgotten about five minutes after the last Boomer dies. Seventy is not the new twenty.

You will never be forgiven because you will never repent of your wickedness. So, eat, drink, and be merry today, for the Day of the Pillow is coming.

Ok, Boomer?
Fun responses too
Dear Little boychild. F_ck off. We suffered to raise your pink skirt asses. We dont want to hear your bullshit now. Perfectly? no. Better than our parents? Likely. Had we gone to war with the Government to fix shit, you'd be orphans, in the street, scaping for food.
Is our Government a total disaster? Yes. So rather than complain that we are the problem, start working on it yourself. But dont plan on having any kids: at your first effort to resist you'll likely be killed by a US drone.
The only solution is total civil war against the Washington pricks.

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2021/06/dea ... mment-form
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Response from a Gen Xer
I can only speak with authority for the rust belt state of Michigan. But I have a certain level of boomer feelings here.

The boomers could work a part time job, pay for college, and still have concert, car, and party money. They then made college free for anyone with any skin tint other than white, forced the colleges to hire 200% more employees, most of them liberal functionaries who do nothing, and forced their children and grand children to take out huge nondischargable loans to go to college to get the certificate that says they can apply for an office job.

They walked into jobs that paid a living wage and allowed them to purchase a home and cars and vacations on 30 hours of work and 10 hours screwing off at the office per week. The job came with a great benefit plan, great pension, and great raises. As soon as they got control at work they kept all their deal and made it much worse for the next generations to increase their investment return. All manufacturing went to Mexico and China. All IT to India. Importing illegals to drive down wages. Pressuring employees to work 60 hours for 30 worth of pay. Meanwhile their 401k and other investments soared.

More so in this area, the boomers explicitly pulled the ladder up after them. Tier two wages and benefits for new UAW employees. No more pensions for new government and school workers, while increasing their packages.

They kept the nice house in the safe suburb, and bought a cabin home on a lake up north, and then a condo in Scottsdale. Four cruises a year.

All the while lecturing their children how bad they are for moving to Atlanta or Denver or the tech area of California to get any sort of professional job, and forcing their grandkids to live in a small condo. Never offering to help, of course, and sitting on the huge land plots in the nice area.

Then when 07 hit and they may have had to cut down to one cruise a year and sell the condo, they learned about reverse mortgages.

And being so smug about how nice it is to have a black president, and how evil orange man is. Why can't we hold hands and toke up like at woodstock?

"You should have just worked a little harder in college. I worked almost 12 hours a week."

"You should take your lunch three days a week, that is how I bought my first new car."

"Just walk in with your resume and shake the bosses hand. That was how I got in at the accounting firm."
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 am

I love this

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 am
I love this
Oh, I do too.
I watch generational wars like sporting events. Pretty fun. Has me wanting to do play by play. "Once they secured their good jobs and pensions and were in charge, they sold out the US to Mexico and China" Bam, 2 points for Gen X. Oh, here comes the counter punch from da Boomer. :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO