The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

kybkh

The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by kybkh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

This is the most under discussed aspect of the American political scene. Shit was being held together pretty well up until these folks turned 85. They were a cultural anchor that had moored this country through the most turbulent seas imaginable.

What has happened to America following their passing is the same thing that happens to many family fortunes whose children were more concerned with monetizing their parents demise as opposed to building on their legacy.

In my house, there is a cabinet dedicated to the achievements and history of my family. Just a couple degrees, a Case knife which was awarded for when a coal company broke the billion lb mark and military medals so far.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

TheReal_ND

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Obama. Phone.

kybkh

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by kybkh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:47 pm

2014, its the year shit changed. You all can talk about BLM but BLM doesn't happen without Obama Phones.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm

My Obamaphone tells me everything I need to know about politics and what to burn down.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:28 pm

kybkh wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm
This is the most under discussed aspect of the American political scene. Shit was being held together pretty well up until these folks turned 85. They were a cultural anchor that had moored this country through the most turbulent seas imaginable.

What has happened to America following their passing is the same thing that happens to many family fortunes whose children were more concerned with monetizing their parents demise as opposed to building on their legacy.

In my house, there is a cabinet dedicated to the achievements and history of my family. Just a couple degrees, a Case knife which was awarded for when a coal company broke the billion lb mark and military medals so far.
From my standpoint the passing of the GI Generation marks our last connection to human experiences that were shared from the classic world to the 50s(for the majority of people). When the GI Generation grew up cars were new, horsepower still did a lot of the work around the world, the bulk of the US population grew up in rural areas, raising livestock and crops, getting their water from a hand pump, fixing things that broke, very much in touch with the change of seasons, only the very wealthy went on vacations, communication was still limited, heating and cooking was done in stove with coal or wood, if you got vegetables in the off season they were canned.

That's the loss of knowledge I long for.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

We will get that back if the democrats come to power ever again. Probably learn some other cool skills too, like decontaminating radiated water.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm
We will get that back if the democrats come to power ever again. Probably learn some other cool skills too, like decontaminating radiated water.
Literally LOL. :lol:

So, when you say Burn it Down...…………… you should be voting Democrat then shouldn't you ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:46 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm
Literally LOL. :lol:

So, when you say Burn it Down...…………… you should be voting Democrat then shouldn't you ?

Unless you mean burn down the deep state power structure that the democrats are part of.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Think about a One Second After scenario without the knowledge the GI Generation had.
PLATA O PLOMO