Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:42 am
DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:15 am
I’d much rather start a business, but all of the red tape in place (to protect the rich) makes that extremely difficult.
You're right on that count.
Government red tape great for tilting the tables and gatekeeping.
We currently have a government that loves private corporation monopolies. It makes it very easy for them to go to a handful of business' in an industry and control that entire industry. Most these industries have 3-6 corporations controlling 90% of the market. Beef, Lumber, Media. It's a very efficient way for Government to buy control.
You know ... if we let the corrupt government and their big biz cronies simply strip individual families of their wealth at death, to ensure no bloodline could ever accumulate enough to challenge their control - we'd all have a lot more liberty.
That's what I heard.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:30 am
China nuclear plant facing ‘performance issue’..................... Leak
Xi Jinping said, We are better than Russian Communists in everyway, including Chernobyl, watch and see.
https://wgnradio.com/news/international ... nce-issue/
Yeah this is looking better and better now.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chines ... t-reported
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:15 am
I’d much rather start a business, but all of the red tape in place (to protect the rich) makes that extremely difficult.
We currently have a government that loves private corporation monopolies. It makes it very easy for them to go to a handful of business' in an industry and control that entire industry. Most these industries have 3-6 corporations controlling 90% of the market. Beef, Lumber, Media. It's a very efficient way for Government to buy control.
I think, if anything, it is the opposite. Most politicians are too selfish, and are willing to sellout to corporations if they donate enough.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 am

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 am
C-Mag wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

You know ... if we let the corrupt government and their big biz cronies simply strip individual families of their wealth at death, to ensure no bloodline could ever accumulate enough to challenge their control - we'd all have a lot more liberty.
That's what I heard.
:lol:
You didn't build that ;)

These current monopolies are a prime example of why writing Taxes for the wealthy won't work. The politicians write in loopholes for their friends in the monopolies, they will never pay the taxes anyway. You could make the taxes 100%, and somehow magically Facebook, Google and Apple would still be ruling the tech sector.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:44 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 am
You didn't build that ;)

These current monopolies are a prime example of why writing Taxes for the wealthy won't work. The politicians write in loopholes for their friends in the monopolies, they will never pay the taxes anyway. You could make the taxes 100%, and somehow magically Facebook, Google and Apple would still be ruling the tech sector.
Of course. Those in power aren't going to be stripping their own wealth from themselves and their children. They'll gladly take the wealth of every small business owner, pro athlete, entertainer, and lotto winner around tho. I mean, a lot easier to keep control if you don't have rogue millionaires out there who might challenge your lock on the system, right?

Me? I like rogue millionaires. I like the opportunity to become a millionaire. I like the idea that the titans of the past are not the titans of today. Why? Because innovative people figured out ways to make millions for themselves, and unseat the old capitalist powers that could not adapt quickly enough. That's cool. But ... that's also going to be almost impossible to do if the current power structure and their cronies can ensure no normal citizen can ever hand down a "dangerous" amount of wealth to an heir or trust.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:49 am

Dude, R U still talking about this? It’s over. There will be tents in your yard this time next year, and that came AFTER they eliminated Inheritance taxes. MAGA was when there WERE taxes; this shit all happened since they were removed. But don’t let history get in the way of a good rant.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:53 am

Did I do that :drool:
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:57 am

Blackrock has so much money, they’re buying up whole neighborhoods at a 50% premium. This is going to accelerate as the $trillions looks for somewhere to land. The ultra-wealthy will do fine though, and people who can’t afford houses can live in tents on the side of the freeway.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:57 am
Blackrock has so much money, they’re buying up whole neighborhoods at a 50% premium. This is going to accelerate as the $trillions looks for somewhere to land. The ultra-wealthy will do fine though, and people who can’t afford houses can live in tents on the side of the freeway.
Dr. Hash, you will own nothing and be happy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Concentrated wealth allows it.