Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by clubgop » Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:51 pm
clubgop wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 pm

I really like Bill Burr but don't think much of Dave Chapelle, in fact I don't find him funny at all. Neither of them is very well known over here though.

You kind of make my point, the differences in styles of humour mean that not many stand-ups from either side of the pond successfully cross over.
Aussie comics do better over here than Americans. Jim Jefferies is one of my all-time favourites.
Jim Jefferies has been exposed as 100% hack bitch so no surprise you suck his dick so much. Besides he is now a US citizen so he is ours now.
Jefferies 1st special was pretty funny but everything since TDS and that video that exposed him selectively editing the video interview is so hack. John Oliver level hack.
John Oliver is an honest hack though everyone can see him coming a mile away so to me his tangents are hilarious. I don't see him hide behind this "oh I'm just a comedian." Schtick.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 am
Haumana wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Jim Jefferies has been exposed as 100% hack bitch so no surprise you suck his dick so much. Besides he is now a US citizen so he is ours now.
Jefferies 1st special was pretty funny but everything since TDS and that video that exposed him selectively editing the video interview is so hack. John Oliver level hack.
Jefferies really is a top notch stand up and performer. I get that most people here won't like his political stuff because of his anti-gun and anti-Trump stance but check out his early stand up routines. The routine about getting his disabled friend a hooker is honest, brutal, moving and hilarious.
I see the influence of Bill Hicks and similarity with Burr or Stanhope. Not necessarily in terms of delivery but willingness to delve deep into his own personal life, warts and all.

Bill Hicks, Burr or Stanhope??? Not even. I granted his early work was his best. Amy Schumer is a better comparison. He started conforming when it started to matter to his paycheck. The former never did. They just were/are. Same with Chappelle. Notice that none of them are limeys though.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 am
Haumana wrote:

Jefferies really is a top notch stand up and performer. I get that most people here won't like his political stuff because of his anti-gun and anti-Trump stance but check out his early stand up routines. The routine about getting his disabled friend a hooker is honest, brutal, moving and hilarious.
I see the influence of Bill Hicks and similarity with Burr or Stanhope. Not necessarily in terms of delivery but willingness to delve deep into his own personal life, warts and all.

Bill Hicks, Burr or Stanhope??? Not even. I granted his early work was his best. Amy Schumer is a better comparison. He started conforming when it started to matter to his paycheck. The former never did. They just were/are. Same with Chappelle. Notice that none of them are limeys though.
Not the same need to conform in the US. In Europe a lot of artists just want to be recognized by public service, so they can put their proboscis down into that sweet sack of public money. Once accepted into the fold they are set for life.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 pm
Shit. Sasha Baron Cohen. One of the greats, really.
Thanks Ms. Maddow.

Next up: water is wet unless it is frozen!. Stay tuned!
non-sequitor, or do you have an issue with SBC as a british comedian?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 19, 2020 9:58 am

Just popping in for a quick check up.
Everyone dead from COVID yet?
Monte convince anyone that tepid Brit humor is funny?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 19, 2020 10:22 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 am
Haumana wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 pm
Shit. Sasha Baron Cohen. One of the greats, really.
Thanks Ms. Maddow.

Next up: water is wet unless it is frozen!. Stay tuned!
non-sequitor, or do you have an issue with SBC as a british comedian?
I suspect that Nuke has an issue with Sasha Baron Cohen.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am

Remember that hilarious Douglas Adams who ... wait for it .... who said . . . HAHAHA .... aw, this is hard to get through without laughing ... who said that the meaning of life, the universe, and everything was 42?!?!?! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahhhhh those fucking Brits.
Hilarious.
So sophisticated.

Yep.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue May 19, 2020 11:01 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am
Remember that hilarious Douglas Adams who ... wait for it .... who said . . . HAHAHA .... aw, this is hard to get through without laughing ... who said that the meaning of life, the universe, and everything was 42?!?!?! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hilarious.
So sophisticated.

Yep.
The meaning of life is 42. ASCII code. 42 stands for?

The ASCII code for 42 is the *. Which if anyone knows doing database or general searches is a wildcard, another word for "anything".

So the Answer to Life, Universe and Everything, is "Whatever you want it to be."
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 19, 2020 11:17 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 am

Hilarious.
So sophisticated.

Yep.
If you don't like Douglas Adams you've proved my point completely.
Not enough yo mamma jokes for you?
My work here is done.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am

Did everyone die yet ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience