FUCK THE PRC

Montegriffo

Re: FUCK THE PRC

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 am

“We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

— Jan. 21, 2020

“We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

— Feb. 2

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

— Feb. 10

“The level of death with Ebola — you know, at the time, it was a virtual 100 percent.”

— Feb. 25

“We're very close to a vaccine.”

— Feb. 25

“When you have 15 [cases in the United States], and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

— Feb. 26

“This is a flu. This is like a flu.”

— Feb. 26

“The flu in our country kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is, one is pretty sick, but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape.”

— Feb. 26

“I don’t think it’s inevitable. It probably will. It possibly will. It could be at a very small level, or it could be at a larger level. Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.”

— Feb. 26

“But the same vaccine could not work? You take a solid flu vaccine — you don’t think that would have an impact or much of an impact on corona?”

— March 2

“I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now, this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this.”

— March 4

“I will say, though, the H1N1, that was swine flu, commonly referred to as swine flu. And that went from around April of '09 to April of '10, where there were 60 million cases of swine flu. And over — actually, it's over 13,000. I think you might have said 17,000. I had heard it was 13,000, but a lot of deaths. And they didn't do anything about it.”

— March 4

“I don’t want any deaths, right? But over the last long period of time, when people have the flu, you have an average of 36,000 people dying. I’ve never heard those numbers. I would — I would’ve been shocked. I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu?’ I didn’t know people died from the flu — 36,000 people died.”

— March 6

“Anybody that wants a test can get a test.”

— March 6

“This blindsided the world. And I think we've handled it very, very well.”

— March 9

“And taking early intense action, we have seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe.”

— March 11

“We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about.”

— March 16

“I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

— March 17

8 days before the above statement
“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

Stable genius.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am
Jake Tapper admits Trump didn't call coronavirus a 'hoax' after failing to correct AOC's claim

The media loves to craft a false narrative.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was no single point of failure.
Where failure existed, it existed in both parties from top to bottom.
And personally, I think the term failure applied to an incident that has caused death in less than seven hundreths of one percent of the population is a bit melodramatic.

We actually did pretty good, especially compared to the initial projections.

What the fuck is this? Is this a deep fake CGI?

He was totally fucking wrong, and we now know he was ignoring the experts telling him we needed to act drastically. If he was a bit more concerned with coronavirus than his precious markets, we'd not be here today with so many fatalities. He should be held accountable to his own proclamations of success here.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:12 am

Gotta frame the words within the context of actions, Monte.
Trump shut down travel from China in January while the media and the left screamed "RACISM".
During this same time, the media and Dems were also severely downplaying the threat of the virus.

Fast forward to today, the media, the left, and Trump have all made erroneous statements and predictions on coronavirus. But Trump delivered ridiculous and unnecessary demands for respirators, massively restricted travel, ramped up production of medical equipment, deployed naval hospitals to hot spots, etc, etc.

What did the left do? Ask for too much shit, waste people's time and money by shuffling equipment around, told people to call 911 if they hear racist remarks, and blame, blamed, blamed, Trump for all their failures.

So it looks to me like we have everyone guilty of being wrong about Coronavirus . . . but only one side completely screwing the pooch on handling the medical resources and dicking around playing race-bait game in a time of crisis.
Not quite the "Trump sucks, and America sucks cuz Trump fucked everything up" fairy tale the media is selling to y'all.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am

Oh, Trump decimating his own city with tens of thousands of fatalities is okay because the democrats are retarded too.

:naughty:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am

What the fuck is this? Is this a deep fake CGI?

He was totally fucking wrong, and we now know he was ignoring the experts telling him we needed to act drastically. If he was a bit more concerned with coronavirus than his precious markets, we'd not be here today with so many fatalities. He should be held accountable to his own proclamations of success here.
That's Trump clearly calling the Democrat politicization of his "disastrous" response to coronavirus their new hoax. A hoax that is obviously working among some segment of the population, as our conversation can attest.
But he's not calling the coronavirus a hoax.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:17 am

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am
Oh, Trump decimating his own city with tens of thousands of fatalities is okay because the democrats are retarded too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoa.
That's an unexpected amount of TDS on display.
So . . . Trump is responsible for how NY reacted to the threat?
That's interesting.

Why do they have state, county, city, and local governments then?
:think:

I guess he was supposed to put on his scrubs and personally save each NYer from becoming infected or something. Damn that Trump. lulz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:20 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:17 am
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoa.
That's an unexpected amount of TDS on display.
So . . . Trump is responsible for how NY reacted to the threat?
That's interesting.

Why do they have state, county, city, and local governments then?
:think:

I guess he was supposed to put on his scrubs and personally save each NYer from becoming infected or something. Damn that Trump. lulz.
Oh, I'm sorry. I was not aware that TDS was expanded to include holding Trump accountable for failing to do the job he was elected to do, when that failure resulted in more than twenty thousand deaths that didn't have to happen. My bad.

But I am rather curious how many mass graves we need to see before you think holding elected officials accountable for failing to respond to a pandemic does not constitute TDS. Are we talking about 50,000 fatalities or what?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 am

Quick civics lesson:
Federal Government - National government of the entire United States.
State Government - Government of a single state

So if we're playing "Trump is responsible for all state deaths" you have to concede that he's just as responsible for keeping Wyoming's deaths to a paltry '1' as he is for NY death toll. In that case, the phenomenal successes balance out the failures.

But the actual game we should be playing is "How did the state government do" . .. in which case, leftist NY did pretty effing terrible. Leftist WA did ok tho. So looks like the blame needs to go directly on the shoulders of Cuomo, rather than trying to pass the buck to the president.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 am

That's a great lesson, man. Thanks.

Still, it's a little interesting that Dr. Helen Chu of the Seattle influenza study was threatened by the federal government to stop testing people until she told the feds to get fucked and did it anyway. Or why states were ordered to stop expanded testing by the CDC and FDA only for the CDC to decide not to give tests out in sufficient quantities, and then to limit the threshold of testing so that it would have been impossible to test for community spread until it was too late. It kind of seems like, if the federal government (led by president Trump) had taken the tact that it was the state's job seriously, they wouldn't have blocked states from testing.

Still, I am rather curious just how many bodies have to pile up before I can safely hold Trump responsible for failing to do his job without being diagnosed with TDS.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:36 am

That's fair.
I'd say the initial projections would have to be hit, aka - 200,000

That's what the CDC was saying we'd hit if we did nothing.
So anything under 200k means our actions did something.
23k means we're fucking awesome, and have held initial projections at almost a tenth of where they could've gone.