Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:45 am

I like Color of Money by Scorsese, that's my favorite gambling film

I hate playing cards, with a passion, but I love billiards
Back when I first watched Rounders, that was when I first getting big into poker as a teenager, nostalgia plays a huge factor in why I love that movie so much, no doubt
I hate cards so much

In the army, I was like Pesci in Goodfellas,

in order to end the card game, I would just attack somebody in a fist fight
What is it about cards that you hate? Aside from going on tilt when you lose something epic, that is

Remind me never to play poker with you
*yip*

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:51 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:47 am
Back when I first watched Rounders, that was when I first getting big into poker as a teenager, nostalgia plays a huge factor in why I love that movie so much, no doubt
I hate cards so much

What is it about cards that you hate? Aside from going on tilt when you lose something epic, that is
I don't know, It just bores me blind, can't sit still, I'd go on full tilt if I was winning too

I like billiards, it's a sport, you can move around, and you can play with chicks

The truth is, I don't really like dudes, dudes piss me of, I've always preferred hanging with a chick
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I hate cards so much

I don't know, It just bores me blind, can't sit still, I'd go on full tilt if I was winning too

I like billiards, it's a sport, you can move around, and you can play with chicks

The truth is, I don't really like dudes, dudes piss me of, I've always preferred hanging with a chick
Too high energy, and hate dudes, makes sense
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:59 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Apex Predator Male, dudes piss me off, I don't like hanging out with them, on my off time

The internet is good, because then I never come face to face with them, because when I do, I get aggressive
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:01 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:41 am

Rounders I couldn't get into, I'm not a degenerate gambler, not interesting
I find that interesting, I've always been of the opinion that Rounders is a good enough film to stand in its own right whether you love poker or not.

It has drama, humour, action the lot. It is a study of human nature and the relationship between Mike and all the important people in his life. The girlfriend, his poker mentor, his college professor, his nemesis and most of all his best friend.
It is a buddy movie that happens to be about poker rather than a poker movie.
I do love poker though.
In fact, I might go and play some online, no limit, Texas Hold'em (the Cadillac of poker) rather than watch another episode of Breaking Bad.

I too have seen the Blues Brothers enough times to have almost memorised it word for word, I can almost do that for Rounders as well though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 am

Cards are passive - aggressive

The dude is sitting there smirking at you, think he's got an edge

That's where I go on tilt and smash his teeth down his throat

Cards are not for me
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I hate cards so much

Chicks are good to play poker with too. In fact some of the best players are chicks.
The lovely Victoria Coren is the only player to have ever one two ETP main events.
Chicks, in general, can't play pool for shit.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:06 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:59 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Apex Predator Male, dudes piss me off, I don't like hanging out with them, on my off time

The internet is good, because then I never come face to face with them, because when I do, I get aggressive
I don't like hanging with most dudes either on my off time, but there are exceptions for certain people who I like, I just like to keep to a smaller circle, but I still don't hang out a lot even then.

Sounds like you don't make any exceptions except for chicks, you're even more reclusive than me, and that's saying something, thank god you found Dorthy Gale
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:04 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Chicks are good to play poker with too. In fact some of the best players are chicks.
The lovely Victoria Coren is the only player to have ever one two ETP main events.
Chicks, in general, can't play pool for shit.
Can't rub against them when you are playing cards

I like that they can't play pool, because then I can impress them with my skill

After a few drinks, she comes around the table and gets in my dance space, then it turns to bunny fucking from there
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:09 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 am
Cards are passive - aggressive

The dude is sitting there smirking at you, think he's got an edge

That's where I go on tilt and smash his teeth down his throat

Cards are not for me
He probably has. Poker is not just a game of chance, it is also highly skilled.
Pool can have just as much luck involved as a game of poker can. Nobody, even the best in the world, can totally predict the result of splitting the pack.