Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:58 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:56 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am

It is self-perpetuating. As you would say, a self-licking ice cream cone.
The source is American Puritanism, not free enterpize

The corporations can't make money with it, without it being puritanical
I agree, hence why I advocate for de-criminalization of petty drug offenses.
It's like that video that Speaker posted ; it's true

American jail is not designed to correct people, it is designed to break people

It's not rehabilitation, it's the fiery wrath of the Lord upon you, good luck & goodbye :throws away key:
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:04 am

Xenophon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am

It is self-perpetuating. As you would say, a self-licking ice cream cone.

I agree, hence why I advocate for de-criminalization of petty drug offenses. Arresting potheads and stacking up bales of marijuana are a small town PDs bread and butter. They don't do it for any reason other than to get gub'mint gibs. It doesn't do anything but feed the beast that is the PIC.
Your half way there, now you just got to get behind decriminalizing distribution, and stop throwing drug dealers who don't commit violent crimes in jail with those who do

Fuck the Prison Industrial Complex and the puritanical horse it rode in on
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:04 am
Xenophon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I agree, hence why I advocate for de-criminalization of petty drug offenses. Arresting potheads and stacking up bales of marijuana are a small town PDs bread and butter. They don't do it for any reason other than to get gub'mint gibs. It doesn't do anything but feed the beast that is the PIC.
Your half way there, now you just got to get behind decriminalizing distribution, and stop throwing in drug dealers who don't commit violent crimes in jail with those who do
I've no problem with having legalized marijuana distributors. Pot for anyone who wants it, I say. That takes the trade out of the back alleys and into the light, where it can be open to scrutiny. Lower taxes on tobacco products and combine the two. Marlboro stogies.

I still think opioids and methamphetamine do nothing good for anyone. Lumpenproles are the main customers of that market, and do nothing but hurt the innocent people around them, so you keep the pharmaceutical grade stuff locked up. A lot of my views are informed from having been raised by a meth addict, so I admit, I'm a little biased.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 am
StCapps wrote:
Xenophon wrote:

Your half way there, now you just got to get behind decriminalizing distribution, and stop throwing in drug dealers who don't commit violent crimes in jail with those who do
I've no problem with having legalized marijuana distributors. Pot for anyone who wants it, I say. That takes the trade out of the back alleys and into the light, where it can be open to scrutiny. Lower taxes on tobacco products and combine the two. Marlboro stogies.

I still think opioids and methamphetamine do nothing good for anyone. Lumpenproles are the main customers of that market, and do nothing but hurt the innocent people around them, so you keep the pharmaceutical grade stuff locked up. A lot of my views are informed from having been raised by a meth addict, so I admit, I'm a little biased.
Just because you do not think they do any good doesn't mean people should be thrown in jail for distribution, if they are selling to kids, that's different, but selling to grown adults should be no crime, whether the product is any good for it's consumers or not
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:11 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 am
Xenophon wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Just because you do not think they do any good doesn't mean people should be thrown in jail for distribution
Legal Meth for everyone, then?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:11 am
StCapps wrote:
Xenophon wrote:

Just because you do not think they do any good doesn't mean people should be thrown in jail for distribution
Legal meth for grown adults who want it, yeah
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 am
Xenophon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Agree to disagree, then. Never seen a meth addict whose actions are localized to themselves with no splash damage.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 am
Xenophon wrote:

Agree to disagree, then. Never seen a meth addict whose actions are localized to themselves with no splash damage.
Making distribution illegal is not going to help consumers, it's going to hurt them by forcing them to buy from criminals, you are making the problem worse and helping criminal enterprises to better fund the actual violent criminals who work for them, who will turn around and use it commit more violent crimes

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Puritanical Nanny State for the fail

Prohibition is a miserable failure, and you want to double down
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:17 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 am
Yeah, the War of Prior Restraint really kicks ass on fixing all the splash damage.

:goteam: :drunk:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am

Fun fact; the huge line ups around here are now basically to get bread

House Arrest & Bread Lines

Soviet Canada for realz

Luckily Mrs Smitty makes her own bread now
Nec Aspera Terrent