Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:50 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:44 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:42 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:41 am

I prefer American freedom, I don't even like the Canadian nanny police state, never mind the one in Singapore
I'm more a fan of their use of corporal punishment than the nanny state thing, although they manage to do it in a much more masculine way than Canada.
Jail in America seems pretty brutal to me, I think it's overkill actually
Jail isn't an effective deterrent, so I agree, the Prison Industrial Complex needs to be gutted. A lot of petty drug crimes involving cannabis need to be de-criminalized. "Conservatives" threw the baby out with the bathwater with their laws on sentencing drug crimes. However, Opioids are a civilization killer. The traffickers should get the Singapore treatment.

My frustration with the criminal justice system is that because so many whiners cried about the dignity of prisoners, they turned it into a daycare. I worked in a prison. The trustees got unlimited access to the kitchen and had a PS2 to play in their breakroom, where they'd also play cards all day. We've moved punishment from the public eye to the backroom, where no punishment happens at all. That doesn't prevent recividism. The Rod prevents recividism. Or the rope.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:50 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:44 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:42 am

I'm more a fan of their use of corporal punishment than the nanny state thing, although they manage to do it in a much more masculine way than Canada.
Jail in America seems pretty brutal to me, I think it's overkill actually
Jail isn't an effective deterrent, so I agree, the Prison Industrial Complex needs to be gutted. A lot of petty drug crimes involving cannabis need to be de-criminalized. "Conservatives" threw the baby out with the bathwater with their laws on sentencing drug crimes. However, Opioids are a civilization killer. The traffickers should get the Singapore treatment.

My frustration with the criminal justice system is that because so many whiners cried about the dignity of prisoners, they turned it into a daycare. I worked in a prison. The trustees got unlimited access to the kitchen and had a PS2 to play in their breakroom, where they'd also play cards all day. We've moved punishment from the public eye to the backroom. That doesn't prevent recividism. The Rod prevents recividism. Or the rope.
America has a Scofflaw culture, it dates back to Prohibition

You can't deter Americans from breaking the law, they are going to do it, the question is how much punishment

I think the puritanical punishment Olympics in America got out of control, back in the 80's
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 am

Xenophon wrote:
However, Opioids are a civilization killer.
:lol:
Drug Warrior Faggotry Over 9000
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:53 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:47 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:36 am
You were mislead, not corrected. StA is citing an old Imperial College of London model to cherry pick a higher death count projection, and ignoring the new Imperial College of London model, because it has lower death count projection

He's full of shit, as usual, it's just pure confirmation bias, even the source he says is an authority disagrees with him now, he's that dumb
No papers predicted America would see millions of deaths even with a lock down in place. LOL
Then you have no evidence and your millions of American deaths prediction is you taking out of your ass and cherry picking outliers with outdated numbers to make it seem worse than it is based on the evidence thus far

Either way, you can knock off your "I'm the Expert, everyone who disagrees can't do math" routine
Dude, what?

Don't try to gaslight people. This is fucking retarded. Nobody argued we'd see millions of deaths even while we are on lockdown. You are trying to recraft the argument because you fucking lost. Fuck off.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:53 am

To wit, the Prison Industrial Complex is not the cause, it is the result

First the puritans get puritanical, the corporations weren't calling for harsh realm, the public called for it
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 am

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:53 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:47 am

No papers predicted America would see millions of deaths even with a lock down in place. LOL
Then you have no evidence and your millions of American deaths prediction is you taking out of your ass and cherry picking outliers with outdated numbers to make it seem worse than it is based on the evidence thus far

Either way, you can knock off your "I'm the Expert, everyone who disagrees can't do math" routine
Dude, what?

Don't try to gaslight people. This is fucking retarded. Nobody argued we'd see millions of deaths even while we are on lockdown. You are trying to recraft the argument because you fucking lost. Fuck off.
You just fucking did
Also, the previous estimate of 2 million deaths had supposedly taken social isolation measures into account.
You gaslight yourself
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 am
Xenophon wrote:
However, Opioids are a civilization killer.
:lol:
Drug Warrior Faggotry Over 9000
k.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
While it is the result of policy, It is currently self-perpetuating. As you would say, a self-licking ice cream cone.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:56 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
It is self-perpetuating. As you would say, a self-licking ice cream cone.
The source is American Puritanism, not free enterpize

The corporations can make money off it, without it being puritanical
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:58 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:56 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
It is self-perpetuating. As you would say, a self-licking ice cream cone.
The source is American Puritanism, not free enterpize

The corporations can't make money with it, without it being puritanical
I agree, hence why I advocate for de-criminalization of petty drug offenses. Arresting potheads and stacking up bales of marijuana are a small town PDs bread and butter. They don't do it for any reason other than to get gub'mint gibs. It doesn't do anything but feed the beast that is the PIC.