Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 pm
I care about my op, the flailing government flailing about in the background isn't my problem, but I am interested, lots of lulz to be had

The government is neither here nor there, but they are still hilarious

Mrs Smitty working from home is your dream come true, and it's really starting to grow on her

I am happy for you both, never said y'all should give that up, during coronavirus or after, is neither here nor there
Frankly, she's just deathly afraid of the bug, and rightly so

She would go back to an office, if there is no bug,

but I can't see her leaving the compound in the face of this bug now

So it's more about prioritizing life & death ahead of work than it is a desire to retire right now
She might change her mind after getting a little more used to working from home and growing to like it more and more, the bug will probably last long enough for her to acquire a taste for it
Oh she's already loving working from home,

I just think she would continue up the corporate ladder, if there was no bug

The de facto strategic biological weapon in play is the deal breaker, and nothing else
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 pm
Reason why emulating South Korea's strategy would not go well with most Western, democratic countries:

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... nce-134068
The mass surveillance part doesn't need to be adopted, taking necessary precautions combined with testing and isolating the vulnerable without the destroying the economy would be a wise approach

You steal what works and can be feasibly implemented, and you ditch the anti-4th amendment shit, problem solved
I don't know, SK's testing is targetted, specified, using surveillance of credit card transactions and phone use data. That means they don't have to test everyone in the country. Without surveillance data, you would need to test everyone, rather than those in high risk zones.

But there could be a middle ground. Don't need to institute a giant survelliance network to look up a citizen's place of employment. If they work in healthcare, for example, they're naturally at higher risk of infection. Same with people who work in customer service positions that are still open - like grocery store employees. And people in jobs where alot of employees congregate, like Amazon package centers and the like.
There is plenty of middle ground, the surveillance data helps with targeting who to test, but not to the point that without it, you can't adopt other effective aspects of the strategy to greater results than those currently being seen, while destroying the economy less on top of it

Beginning to pivot to the SK model as testing capacity nears SK levels of testing per capita is the way to go, just ditch the surveillance state shit
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Frankly, she's just deathly afraid of the bug, and rightly so

She would go back to an office, if there is no bug,

but I can't see her leaving the compound in the face of this bug now

So it's more about prioritizing life & death ahead of work than it is a desire to retire right now
She might change her mind after getting a little more used to working from home and growing to like it more and more, the bug will probably last long enough for her to acquire a taste for it

The de facto strategic biological weapon in play is the deal breaker, and nothing else
Well you've got a year or so before she even considers going back, in all likelihood, so enjoy your second honeymoon in the meantime, savor it while it lasts
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Well you've got a year or so before she even considers going back, in all likelihood, so enjoy your second honeymoon in the meantime, savor it while it lasts
I still don't my eyes off the bug

Really it's just that I was a professional exposed to operational stress under wartime conditions

I know how it can wear people down, even break them

The trick is to collapse down to the essentials and not expend energy on that which does not matter to you

Literally pacing myself to avoid unnecessary stress which over time develops into operational stress injury
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Like civilians right now have stress injury

I judge Mrs Smitty to be stress injured right now, she already has nascent PTSD from the bug

So on the one hand I am enjoying the Staycation

But that is me taking care of her by keeping stress levels down at all times, because she has already taken a hit

I am going out of my way to be nice, do nice things for her, and keep her calm and feeling secure

Because she is already a stress casualty, right now

She wasn't indoctrinated for this, she is actually in a kind of shock right now, I just keep it at bay; Cas Aid
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I still don't take my eyes off the bug

Really it's just that I was a professional exposed to operational stress under wartime conditions

The trick is to collapse down to the essentials and not expend energy on that which does not matter to you

Literally pacing myself to avoid unnecessary stress which over time develops into operational stress injury
Fair enough

But for me, thinking of The Big Picture isn't expending energy on what doesn't matter to me

I still have my eyes on the bug as well

TBP is an oasis of lulz for me, reduces stress, doesn't add to it, helps me stay relaxed in the saddle

To each their own though, if thinking about TBP adds to your stress instead of relieving it, best not to think about TBP then
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Fair enough

But for me, thinking of the big picture isn't expending energy on what doesn't matter to me

The Big Picture is oasis of lulz for me, reduces stress, doesn't add to it, helps me stay relaxed in the saddle

To each their own though, if thinking about the big picture adds to your stress instead of relieving it, best not to think about the big picture then
I just have to remain the Happy Warrior for Mrs Smitty

She takes care of me in most situations, this is a situation where those roles are reversed

I have to pace myself tho, stay in the groove, protect it from outside stresses, like a fortress

So that includes not getting wrapped up in the big picture, not a requirement, ditch it, save my strength

That's for months, even years, so it requires a focus and adhering to first principles
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Fair enough

But for me, thinking of the big picture isn't expending energy on what doesn't matter to me

The Big Picture is oasis of lulz for me, reduces stress, doesn't add to it, helps me stay relaxed in the saddle

To each their own though, if thinking about the big picture adds to your stress instead of relieving it, best not to think about the big picture then

She takes care of me in most situations, this is a situation where those roles are reversed

I have to pace myself tho, stay in the groove, protect it from outside stresses, like a fortress

So that includes not getting wrapped up in the big picture, not a requirement, ditch it, save my strength
For me, thinking about TBP every now and then, helps me pace myself, stay in the grove and remain a Happy Warrior

It's not a requirement, but it boosts my strength, and fortifies my fortress
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fair enough

For me, thinking about TBP every now and then, helps me pace myself, stay in the grove and remain a Happy Warrior

It's not a requirement, but it boosts my strength, and fortifies my fortress
If I get into an argument with you about it and it starts to tick me off, I don't need that, so I will ignore you if you force me too
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm
If I get into an argument with you about it and it starts to tick me off, I don't need that, so I will ignore you if you force me too
As you should, just know that I am not trying to tick you off when I disagree with you on something

Usually when you get ticked off, it's because I don't get what I said that is upsetting you or why it is upsetting you, and I want to find out so as to not cross that line in the future, and so you can understand where I am coming from, but then this sometimes rubs you the wrong way and you get even more ticked off

I'm not trying to be malicious, if I am paving the road to hell with my good intentions, I apologize, I try to guard against that, but I'm only human
*yip*