Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Hastur wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Agreed. Who did you have in mind?
No one in particular. It's just a litmus test.
As is people who want to make it all about money or portray environmental concerns as Marxist.
Who did you have in mind?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Re: Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:49 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Hastur wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:58 pm

No one in particular. It's just a litmus test.
As is people who want to make it all about money or portray environmental concerns as Marxist.
Who did you have in mind?
The Dear Leader for one.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm
Haumana wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 pm

Huh? Carbon tax is carbon market. Again, there ain't no shanghai la. If there is a tax then there is going to be a credit. Built in exploits are a given. Anyway, I have yet to see definitive proof that carbon is the actual problem.

Meme was shit, any way it is dissected.
A tax is just that. A tax. A charge on carbon emissions. There is no need to create a market to offset it.
The consumer ends up paying and companies are incentivized to cut emissions so they can undercut their competitors.
I don't even care where the money raised goes so long as it doesn't result in more emissions. The point is to incentivize industry and consumers to reduce their footprints.
Name one tax that doesn't have an offset credit, or an exception, attached to it in American tax law.

That you don't even care about where the money goes is telling. Ain't nobody reducing nothing that doesn't get passed on down to you and I, aka the consumers. Self flagellation, ftw!
Cue the crickets. *noted

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm
Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm

A tax is just that. A tax. A charge on carbon emissions. There is no need to create a market to offset it.
The consumer ends up paying and companies are incentivized to cut emissions so they can undercut their competitors.
I don't even care where the money raised goes so long as it doesn't result in more emissions. The point is to incentivize industry and consumers to reduce their footprints.
Name one tax that doesn't have an offset credit, or an exception, attached to it in American tax law.

That you don't even care about where the money goes is telling. Ain't nobody reducing nothing that doesn't get passed on down to you and I, aka the consumers. Self flagellation, ftw!
Cue the crickets. *noted
Well, excuse me for going to bed at 5.40am without answering your same question in a different form.
The point is to pass the costs on to the consumer. That's the whole point. The polluter pays.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:41 pm
Haumana wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Cue the crickets. *noted
Well, excuse me for going to bed at 5.40am without answering your same question in a different form.
The point is to pass the costs on to the consumer. That's the whole point. The polluter pays.
Excuse you? You answered a few other posts since mine. #victimcard noted

That wasn't the point you started on. Your point was to tax the producer. That you can't name one tax that doesn't involve a credit or exception is also noted. So the average joe is the polluter, in your mind, and not the ebil corporations?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:07 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Cue the crickets. *noted

That wasn't the point you started on. Your point was to tax the producer. That you can't name one tax that doesn't involve a credit or exception is also noted. So the average joe is the polluter, in your mind, and not the ebil corporations?
The conversation moves on. Some posts get left behind.
Of course the consumer is the polluter. Who else could it be?
As for credits or exceptions, fuck that. The polluter pays, no exceptions.
Tax the producers, they reduce emissions to outcompete or they pass it on and perish.
Want to avoid carbon tax? Reduce your consumption.
I lived off about £5k last year. Jobs are jails.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm
Haumana wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:07 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

The conversation moves on. Some posts get left behind.
Of course the consumer is the polluter. Who else could it be?
As for credits or exceptions, fuck that. The polluter pays, no exceptions.
Tax the producers, they reduce emissions to outcompete or they pass it on and perish.
Want to avoid carbon tax? Reduce your consumption.
I lived off about £5k last year. Jobs are jails.
This is what we are dealing with here. Not a serious person. What this guy makes in a year barely pays my rent for 6 months. I spend more on that for my son's preschool.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm

More fool you.
I worked about 20 days last year. All for myself with no boss but me.
Jobs are jails.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm
More fool you.
I worked about 20 days last year. All for myself with no boss but me.
Jobs are jails.
You are a literal child. Why would you make a such a big deal and complained to Hash all the time? I was just accusing you of fucking yourself.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Do you want to have conversations with me or do you want to go back on ignore?
I've given you a chance but if you are just going back to the same old shit I won't bother.