So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

heydaralon

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:50 am

Soleimani graduation pic^

Does that look like a hardened criminal to you? Soleimani was just a boy when Trump heartlessly snatched his life away. He had made some mistakes, sure, but did he deserve to die for being black?
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Re: So Trump ordered General Soleimani Assassinated, and now people are crying for WWIII....

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 am
Reprisals in the form of conventional military attacks, seem like they'd be destined to fail given vast American military and technological superiority. Soleimani was a general in a department of Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard that is best compared to the CIA, so a proportionate attack, in terms of importance of target and likelihood of succes, would be some US intelligence chief. The base attack could just be a distraction, then.
The attacks on the two bases are more likely a face-saving mission for Iranian domestic consumption. Their missiles are supposedly GPS guided and therefore extremely accurate so if they resulted in zero casualties that is because they didn't want casualties which would have caused further retaliation.
The Iranian leader has announced that he considers this to be an end to it and there won't be any more attacks.
Any further attacks are likely to be from proxies based outside Iran to allow for ''plausible deniability''.
It also sends the message that Iranian missiles can get past US missile defences which may act as a deterrent from further US reprisals.
Basically, the ball is now in Trump's court and he knows that his tough-guy act with the Soleimani assassination will play well with his base but further escalation leading to a possible full-scale war will not.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:41 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 am
War Powers Act also does not even give him this authority. No immediate threat to our nation was circumvented.
even if pompeo claims there was an imminent threat?
Imminent threat to whom? The only thing they claimed, and I refuse to believe them without substantive and verifiable evidence, was that he was helping a Shia irregular militia organize attacks against American troops in Iraq, not against our nation. Maybe that is worthy of retaliation, but it is Congress' job to decide, and I would argue not worth the cost of war.

Taken at face value, the claim is that this guy was helping an Iraqi militia group with ties to Iran to attack American troops who illegally invaded and occupied their country. So they killed him. Which prompted a rocket attack last night. Which will prompt further escalations.

Remember the chain of cause and effect did not begin with this asshole Iranian traveling to Iraq to teach mongrels how to become insurgents. It began with faked WMD intelligence and lies in 2002 to justify what was an illegal invasion of Iraq and arguably a war crime. Maybe we should step back and consider the possibility that the MIC and deep state are much bigger pieces of shit than this terrorist general..

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:02 am

(6) If you really believe what the IC and MIC tell you at this point, then you are hopeless. They lied about PissGate, RussiaGate, and illegal domestic spying programs. They fabricated evidence of Iraqi WMDs to launch an illegal war and occupation of Iraq that led to this entire situation in the first place. They are like Henry Rollins in the I'm a Liar video and anybody who believes this shit at face value now is essentially like a battered wife who can't bring herself to accept her man is a piece of shit.

Get real. This is a total shit show.
Iran is as much an "imminent threat" to the U.S. as the Martians are. However, if they ever get a viable drone program developed or gifted to them, the standard has been set regarding unrestricted drone assassination programs. We'll know about that soon enough, I reckon. Will "Iran will never have a nuclear weapon" (no shit, Sherlock) easily translate to "Iran will never have a viable drone?"

Anyone who uncritically swallows the pablum from the media and the IC is living in a fantasy world.

Consider the mental masturbation needed to combat the cognitive dissonance involved in trying to believe at the same time that (a.) RussiaGate was an intelligence community hoax and (b.) the intelligence community is shooting us straight about Iran.

MSNBC, CNN, Hannity -- all proudly wear their CIA pins, all the time.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:04 am

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:41 am
War Powers Act also does not even give him this authority. No immediate threat to our nation was circumvented.
even if pompeo claims there was an imminent threat?
Imminent threat to whom? The only thing they claimed, and I refuse to believe them without substantive and verifiable evidence, was that he was helping a Shia irregular militia organize attacks against American troops in Iraq, not against our nation. Maybe that is worthy of retaliation, but it is Congress' job to decide, and I would argue not worth the cost of war.

Taken at face value, the claim is that this guy was helping an Iraqi militia group with ties to Iran to attack American troops who illegally invaded and occupied their country. So they killed him. Which prompted a rocket attack last night. Which will prompt further escalations.

Remember the chain of cause and effect did not begin with this asshole Iranian traveling to Iraq to teach mongrels how to become insurgents. It began with faked WMD intelligence and lies in 2002 to justify what was an illegal invasion of Iraq and arguably a war crime. Maybe we should step back and consider the possibility that the MIC and deep state are much bigger pieces of shit than this terrorist general..
i think the claim is horseshit too
Congratulations to all involved in eliminating Qassem Soleimani. Long in the making, this was a decisive blow against Iran's malign Quds Force activities worldwide. Hope this is the first step to regime change in Tehran.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AmbJohnBolto ... 8689720321
john bolton isnt in government anymore but this signals to me that theyve been looking for justification for awhile

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 am
clubgop wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:07 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04 pm
battle angel 2020
You mean the candidate the two chucklehead undercover hack bitches that loved them some "Muh Russia," feign support for even though she is now the biggest victim of that very hoax?

Changing principles on a dime? Just to fit thier TDS narrative? Same shit, different day.
u wot m8
Huh, if Cunty is referring to me then he is wide of the mark as I am on record as criticising Gabbard for running cover for Assad's chemical attacks on Syrian civilians and have not feigned support for her at all. In fact I called her an appeaser who was an unwitting ally for Putin and Assad and disputed her claim that all the resistance forces in Syria were ISIS terrorists as the Kurds are clearly not.
Same shit different day...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am
BjornP wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 am
Reprisals in the form of conventional military attacks, seem like they'd be destined to fail given vast American military and technological superiority. Soleimani was a general in a department of Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard that is best compared to the CIA, so a proportionate attack, in terms of importance of target and likelihood of succes, would be some US intelligence chief. The base attack could just be a distraction, then.
The attacks on the two bases are more likely a face-saving mission for Iranian domestic consumption. Their missiles are supposedly GPS guided and therefore extremely accurate so if they resulted in zero casualties that is because they didn't want casualties which would have caused further retaliation.
The Iranian leader has announced that he considers this to be an end to it and there won't be any more attacks.
Any further attacks are likely to be from proxies based outside Iran to allow for ''plausible deniability''.
It also sends the message that Iranian missiles can get past US missile defences which may act as a deterrent from further US reprisals.
Basically, the ball is now in Trump's court and he knows that his tough-guy act with the Soleimani assassination will play well with his base but further escalation leading to a possible full-scale war will not.
The US owns the GPS system. I had to engineer some workarounds for our wireless communication systems to deal with threats like GPS spoofing attacks, etc. I found out the government can actually spoof GPS data (it is just a timestamp emitted from geosynch satellites) to alter precision or even location for anybody not using military hardware.

If they launched GPS guided rockets at us, when we expected it no less, then there was zero chance of success. The NRA would just spoof the timestamps sent to those rockets to guide them into an unpopulated desert area.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am
pineapplemike wrote:
clubgop wrote:

You mean the candidate the two chucklehead undercover hack bitches that loved them some "Muh Russia," feign support for even though she is now the biggest victim of that very hoax?

Changing principles on a dime? Just to fit thier TDS narrative? Same shit, different day.
u wot m8
Huh, if Cunty is referring to me then he is wide of the mark as I am on record as criticising Gabbard for running cover for Assad's chemical attacks on Syrian civilians and have not feigned support for her at all. In fact I called her an appeaser who was an unwitting ally for Putin and Assad and disputed her claim that all the resistance forces in Syria were ISIS terrorists as the Kurds are clearly not.
Mad at Tulsi for appeasing Syria while he cheers on appeasement with Iran. No obvious double standard there.
:lol:
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am
pineapplemike wrote:
clubgop wrote:

u wot m8
fingers crossed speaker brings the hammer down on your syrian gas attack narrative now that he's posting again, i have no interest in typing that much