The Conservative

Re: UK election

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:23 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:53 am
BjornP wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 am
Right. Let's start slow, shall we?
Start with the curious question as to why "plebe" would be a pejorative in a republic.
The US is a Constitutional Republic. And your standard grunt is a plebe.

”Yes Sir!”
”No Sir!”
”May I bend over so you can give it to me again, Sir!?”

You are the bottom of the food chain in the military, you are a plebe to the brass. An expendable.

You can tell me in wrong all you want, but the current generation of soldiers in my family say otherwise.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:26 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 am
Did I ever tell the story about trying to join the Marines? (Sounds like another MM topic.)
How long ago?
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:45 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:23 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 am
Right. Let's start slow, shall we?
Start with the curious question as to why "plebe" would be a pejorative in a republic.

”Yes Sir!”
”No Sir!”

You are the bottom of the food chain in the military, you are a plebe to the brass. An expendable.

You can tell me in wrong all you want, but the current generation of soldiers in my family say otherwise.
I didn't say anything to you, I simply don't see how Plebeian is a pejorative in a republic.

Plebeian simply means citizen, which is nothing to be ashamed of in America.

Soldiers obeying the chain of command is entirely consistent with their oaths, so no shame there neither.

Your vacuous screed against honorable Plebeians is simply incoherent.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:10 pm
Guys have a dick and an option of hands; what more do you need?
Pretty easy to talk a big game Martin, and pretend like Climate Change is no big deal. That is, until your electric bill goes up by $1.78 per month because you have to heat your house a little more depending on the time of year. Dude in Florida we had tropical storms this Summer. Tropical storms. I have never even heard of those happening before Climate change and Brexit. There are plenty of things to joke about, but CO2 and leaving the EU are not suitable topics. Smarten up.

I'm getting very tired of your bullshit man.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:55 pm

I’m in Miami right now. I could easily live here again. You’re a lucky man, Dar.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:55 pm
I’m in Miami right now. I could easily live here again. You’re a lucky man, Dar.
lol grass is always greener I guess. I consider Washington and the Pacific Northwest to be among the most beautiful scenery/beaches I have ever seen. If it wasn't so expensive and liberal, I'd love to live in that region.
Shikata ga nai

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:45 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:23 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

”Yes Sir!”
”No Sir!”

I didn't say anything to you, I simply don't see how Plebeian is a pejorative in a republic.

Plebeian simply means citizen, which is nothing to be ashamed of in America.

Soldiers obeying the chain of command is entirely consistent with their oaths, so no shame there neither.

Your vacuous screed against honorable Plebeians is simply incoherent.
You tell me:

Definition of pejorative:
ADJECTIVE
expressing contempt or disapproval.
"permissiveness is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
synonyms:
disparaging · [more]

NOUN
a word expressing contempt or disapproval.
"most of what he said was inflammatory and filled with pejoratives"
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:07 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:37 pm
You tell me:

Definition of pejorative:
Disparaging citizen soldiers for obeying the lawful chain of command is un-American by definition.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:19 am

You know who told me that ”Army Strong, not Smart.”

A recruiter.

And as for today, almost no math, everything is GPS based and put into a computer practically.

The only thing they need to get right is elevation and direction.

If you were talking 30 years ago, you may be right, but today... Fuck. Everything is nearly automated. The soldiers of today are spoiled.
A recruiter from...the US Army? Or possibly a recruiter from another branch, who made a joke about the army to you...which you took a little too seriously, perhaps?

Anyway, since you didn't get where I was going: If their CO's "tell them what to do", and their CO's are army, then unless you want to make the case that everyone up the rank of army generals are "not smart", your guesswork about the army is just another example of you just writing something to write something.

And no, they don't just need to get elevation and direction right. They need to figure out what shells and what sort of powder package (or however the correct translation of that is) and when to use them for best effect. And do you understand what tactics are? That doesn't require "smarts" in your world?

And even if they are "spoiled", being spoiled doesn't equal "strong but not smart", does it?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 pm

BjornP wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:19 am

You know who told me that ”Army Strong, not Smart.”

A recruiter.

And as for today, almost no math, everything is GPS based and put into a computer practically.

The only thing they need to get right is elevation and direction.

If you were talking 30 years ago, you may be right, but today... Fuck. Everything is nearly automated. The soldiers of today are spoiled.
A recruiter from...the US Army? Or possibly a recruiter from another branch, who made a joke about the army to you...which you took a little too seriously, perhaps?

Anyway, since you didn't get where I was going: If their CO's "tell them what to do", and their CO's are army, then unless you want to make the case that everyone up the rank of army generals are "not smart", your guesswork about the army is just another example of you just writing something to write something.

And no, they don't just need to get elevation and direction right. They need to figure out what shells and what sort of powder package (or however the correct translation of that is) and when to use them for best effect. And do you understand what tactics are? That doesn't require "smarts" in your world?

And even if they are "spoiled", being spoiled doesn't equal "strong but not smart", does it?
No, a recruiter from the US army.

As for the rest, a computer figures that out for them now, just like kids and registers, the majority of them can't figure out change without the machine telling them what to do.

The same goes for most long guns, the art of doing it on the fly is nearly gone.

And most brass today don't know what the hell is going on. A Sargent in motion outranks a CO.

I am not saying all brass are idiots, but the structure that we see today... Until you start hitting brass level, it is pretty much do what you are told no questions asked.
#NotOneRedCent