Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Burn Baby Burn. Chaos is a ladder.

Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Re: UK election

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:17 pm
It's raining in Hamilton too. Oh no, the sky is falling, what will the world do without Britain in the EU? The end is near.
Dude I had to buy gallons of water during the last Hurricane. Six gallons of water. I had to buy batteries. I could have been without power for days. Do you not see how serious this is?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:36 pm

That French Climate Change Summit would have fixed the global warming problem but of Course Trump didn't attend so now we won't be able to fix the atmosphere. We need the EU. My grandmother died of emphysima. If she hadn't died from that, she quite possibly could havw died of heatstroke due to hot summer temperatures, assuming she lived that long, and was outside in Florida without drinking any water for several days. I'm still devastated about that.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Climate Change is boring.

Castle Bravo knows.

Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:41 pm
Climate Change is boring.

Castle Bravo knows.

The problem is that Greedy politicians pushed Brexit because they wanted to create conditions that make Hurricanes. There were downed power lines in Florida. These powerlines can fry you if you attempt to touch them. I know you are trying to pretend like you aren't worried about climate change, but if you touched a downed hurricane powerline, you could get electrocuted. Some things actually matter. Its okay to admit you are scared of hurricanes. I know I am.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
Its okay to admit you are scared of hurricanes. I know I am.
I'm not actually, I love violent storms, it's exciting.

I've been at ground zero for a tornado, twice, it was thrilling.

One of them ripped the roof right off the mess hall we were in, it was like something out of a movie.

My main concern would be property damage, but that's not really fear, just business.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
Its okay to admit you are scared of hurricanes. I know I am.
I'm not actually, I love violent storms, it's exciting.

I've been at ground zero for a tornado, twice, it was thrilling.

One of them ripped the roof right off the mess hall we were in, it was like something out of a movie.
During Irma I could not get onto youtube for 2 days. Have you ever been without internet for more than a day? I'll bet when you were in the army you were able to watch youtube on a daily basis. You don't understand how badly climate change has affected my generation dude. I need you to acknowledge how hard it is for a lot of us young people. Just ask Brewster. I'm tired of you making light of these life and death social issues.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:52 pm
I'm not pleased with the result of this election at all. I would have preferred a win for labor. Sure labor sucks. People should not put faith in conservative parties however
Boris is not your freind.
BORIS JOHNSON has paved the way for an amnesty for 500,000 illegal immigrants – insisting the Government will “look at it”.

Speaking in the Commons yesterday, the new PM said he had raised the idea of an amnesty when he served under Theresa May, “and it did not receive an overwhelming endorsement”.He said the Windrush scandal had shown the difficulties that can be caused by a mass expulsion of people who “may have been living and working here for many, many years without being involved in any criminal activity at all”.

“We should look at it,” he said. “And the truth is the law already basically allows them an effective amnesty.”

He separately confirmed that Theresa May’s net migration target of 100,000 a year would go.

The PM’s official spokesman said he “wasn’t interested in a numbers game”.Boris Johnson called for an “earned amnesty” for as many as 400,000 illegal immigrants when he was Mayor of London.

He said that anyone who had been living in the capital for more than five years could show their “commitment to this society” and be given the right to stay – so they could then pay taxes.

Announcing the controversial move in 2008, he agreed it would be better if illegal immigrants were “taken and sent back to their place of origin” but added “it is just not going to happen”.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9586740/b ... s-amnesty/
He's entertaining at least. In an age of spineless politicians incapable of governing themselves or a nation, (while the concept of a nation remains) we should probably just vote for whomever seems like they would be fun to have a beer with.

I'm seriously contemplating throwing a straight ticket D at the next ballot box but I probably won't even bother.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:12 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm
I'll bet when you were in the army you were able to watch youtube on a daily basis.
Nope. There was no internet. Didn't have a computer. Didn't even have a phone in my room.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 pm

I don't understand what Tories even did to deserve a vote. Is labor just that bat shit insane? This is like Trump 2020