Civil War Coming?

DBTrek

Re: Civil War Coming?

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:40 pm

I'm not looking at anyone.
As I said, one can hide in science or God if it helps.
I'm happy to just say I don't know.
I don't feel the need to hide.
Was talking to Brewster who asked if I thought dark matter conjecture proved God.

Also ... pondering possible answers for what you do not know is not hiding .... it’s called thinking.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 pm

People who talk as religion is a shield hold no sway over me.
Except nobody is trying to hold sway over you, my beliefs are my business, I'm not trying to impose them on you,

So do you have an actual point relevant to me, or is this just an attack of Aspergers?

Who asked you about my beliefs ? Wasn't me. What business is it of yours ? None.

You're the one imposing your shit on me, not the other way round, fuckwit.
Then stop talking about them.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:47 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 pm

People who talk as religion is a shield hold no sway over me.
Except nobody is trying to hold sway over you, my beliefs are my business, I'm not trying to impose them on you,

So do you have an actual point relevant to me, or is this just an attack of Aspergers?

Who asked you about my beliefs ? Wasn't me. What business is it of yours ? None.

You're the one imposing your shit on me, not the other way round, fuckwit.
Then stop talking about them.
No, I'm free to express my beliefs, but you attacking me for them, is you imposing on me.

Your beliefs : I made no comment on them.

Then you started whining about my beliefs, telling me that they are wrong.

That's you attacking me for my beliefs, not the other way around, you bitch moaning fucking idiot.

Follow your own rules, if you can, because you are the miserable little cretin who makes himself miserable.

It's you who are the source of your own discontent, your own fear, your own stupidity, don't put that on me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:04 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:42 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:40 pm

I'm not looking at anyone.
As I said, one can hide in science or God if it helps.
I'm happy to just say I don't know.
I don't feel the need to hide.
Was talking to Brewster who asked if I thought dark matter conjecture proved God.

Also ... pondering possible answers for what you do not know is not hiding .... it’s called thinking.
OK, my bad. The pitfalls of not using the quote function.

Think away, if it helps to convince yourself you have the answer then go for it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 pm
You’re looking at the wrong guy.

It’s the Athiests who worship scientific proof, while also declaring “there is no god” without any.
;)

For me, the universe is sufficient evidence of a greater power. Like an ant viewing a kitchen, I can use my limited senses to deduce “There’s a lot of shit going on here that I know nothing about. But it’s organized, and I can find what I need here”.

If other ants want to believe the kitchen was always here, or that it cycles through poofing in and out of existence - cool. But if they want to ridicule me for believing the kitchen is designed by greater power .... well, then we’re going to dig a little deeper into their “eternal poofing kitchen” theory and see if I’m really dumber than they are.
Huh, so a kitchen designer is a God to an ant? If you think that's a compelling argument, I'm baffled. To me the universe is only proof that there's things I don't understand and don't know anyone who does. The latter is actually very important. I don't really understand how a computer chip works, but I know if I needed to I could find someone who does. The fact that there's nobody in my community who does doesn't mean no one does. The fact that there's no one on earth who understands the universe does not mean it's absolutely a mystery, it means there's no one here who understands it, yet.

As for caring what you or anyone believes, it wouldn't' make a difference if believers weren't always trying to force other people to conform to their beliefs. And respecting beliefs is NOT the same as coerced conforming. Everywhere you go there are people who are willing to harm you if you don't follow their belief system, whether its about reproductive rights here, women's rights in the Muslim world, or eating cows in India. Belief is so dangerous because believers have no doubts about their righteousness and their mandate to control others.

That said, it fascinatingly comes right around to the OP. The Left and Right have their belief systems, and quite a bit of it is impervious to evidence. We are saddled with Zombie Ideas that have never achieved their stated goals, like Supply Side Economics on the right, and Rent Control on the Left. But the appeal of the ideas is so strong evidence of their failure never has a chance.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm

All disputes are decided by force in the end, demographic, or failing that, tactical.

Nothing in the constitution is imposing any beliefs, but if it fails, then that is what will happen.

In the event of, my money is on the militarized right to be ramming it down the throats of the left, with glee.

Right wing military dictatorship, no tears shed for the left, chuck em out of the helicopters, see If I care.

Godless atheist communists bring it on themselves, can't have it both ways.

Not that I think the constitution is going to fail, but that's how it would go if it did.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:25 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 pm
You’re looking at the wrong guy.

It’s the Athiests who worship scientific proof, while also declaring “there is no god” without any.
;)

For me, the universe is sufficient evidence of a greater power. Like an ant viewing a kitchen, I can use my limited senses to deduce “There’s a lot of shit going on here that I know nothing about. But it’s organized, and I can find what I need here”.

If other ants want to believe the kitchen was always here, or that it cycles through poofing in and out of existence - cool. But if they want to ridicule me for believing the kitchen is designed by greater power .... well, then we’re going to dig a little deeper into their “eternal poofing kitchen” theory and see if I’m really dumber than they are.
Huh, so a kitchen designer is a God to an ant? If you think that's a compelling argument, I'm baffled. To me the universe is only proof that there's things I don't understand and don't know anyone who does. The latter is actually very important. I don't really understand how a computer chip works, but I know if I needed to I could find someone who does. The fact that there's nobody in my community who does doesn't mean no one does. The fact that there's no one on earth who understands the universe does not mean it's absolutely a mystery, it means there's no one here who understands it, yet.

As for caring what you or anyone believes, it wouldn't' make a difference if believers weren't always trying to force other people to conform to their beliefs. And respecting beliefs is NOT the same as coerced conforming. Everywhere you go there are people who are willing to harm you if you don't follow their belief system, whether its about reproductive rights here, women's rights in the Muslim world, or eating cows in India. Belief is so dangerous because believers have no doubts about their righteousness and their mandate to control others.

That said, it fascinatingly comes right around to the OP. The Left and Right have their belief systems, and quite a bit of it is impervious to evidence. We are saddled with Zombie Ideas that have never achieved their stated goals, like Supply Side Economics on the right, and Rent Control on the Left. But the appeal of the ideas is so strong evidence of their failure never has a chance.
+1
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Enjoy your Nietzschean world, lefties, better pray it doesn't come to war.

You're going to lose the demographic fight, I'd just count your blessings and move on, considering the alternative.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Why does everyone ignore the energy sector? You think cities can provide their own energy? Oil/gas/coal even solar and wind would require acreage they simply don't have.
Google and Hollywood gonna run on steam? Even for that you still need coal. And water? Some cities are pretty proficient on that, but most aren't. So go ahead tell us rural folk (which I am not and never was) how we won't have modern civilization on your computers with WiFi connections that we all be dirt farmers while you play Xbox.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 pm

It doesn't actually come down to the countryside v. cities.

In the event of civil war the militarized right would quickly take the cities.

The uppity lefties would just be rounded up and put in detention camps, like their beloved FDR did.

The vast majority would just keep their head down.

There's no requirement to defend the countryside, because the left is not going to be on the attack.

Thus combat power would be focused on the urban and suburban, that's where the right would be, with tanks.

And no, their wouldn't be an insurgency, the bourgeois left is not cut out for that.

It would be just like Chile in the 1970's, American Pinochet, Allende would be dead at the outset, game over.
Nec Aspera Terrent