Civil War Coming?

Smitty-48

Re: Civil War Coming?

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 pm
People, in the era of smug atheism, have lost sight of the fact that neither side has sufficient answers. Sometimes you just gotta remind them. Otherwise they go on, in blind faith, believing that “science” has settled the questions of the universe - even if they can’t tell you what those answers are.
:P
I'm not trying to give any answers, it's just about love.

God, Wife, America : I feel it, I feel love and a presence and a calling.

It steels my heart, I don't fear any fear, I just trust in it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm

DBTrek wrote:
People, in the era of smug atheism, have lost sight of the fact that neither side has sufficient answers. Sometimes you just gotta remind them. Otherwise they go on, in blind faith, believing that “science” has settled the questions of the universe - even if they can’t tell you what those answers are.
You don't leave room for agnosticism. I ain't saying there is or there ain't, just that we have no proof either way except the existence of the universe, which both sides claim as proof. Back to your entropy argument, the expansion of the universe is accelerating, and we have no fucking idea why except a "theory" of dark matter, basically saying we don't fucking know but there must be a reason.

Is the inexplicable proof of God? Perhaps you're familiar with Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. We have technology today in our pockets that would have thoroughly convinced our ancestors we are Gods. Does that make us Gods?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Sometimes we just have to admit we don't know.
You can hide your ignorance in scientific theories or in God if it helps.
But at the end of the day we just don't know.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 pm

You’re looking at the wrong guy.

It’s the Athiests who worship scientific proof, while also declaring “there is no god” without any.
;)

For me, the universe is sufficient evidence of a greater power. Like an ant viewing a kitchen, I can use my limited senses to deduce “There’s a lot of shit going on here that I know nothing about. But it’s organized, and I can find what I need here”.

If other ants want to believe the kitchen was always here, or that it cycles through poofing in and out of existence - cool. But if they want to ridicule me for believing the kitchen is designed by greater power .... well, then we’re going to dig a little deeper into their “eternal poofing kitchen” theory and see if I’m really dumber than they are.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm

What you feel in your heart and in your mind, does not have to be proven in either way.

For people who demand that I prove it, that's where I am compartmentalized for war.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:22 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Did I ever say science has answered all questions? No... I didn't. I said people used religion to explain things and to excuse bad behavior...

I've already said my piece about a higher power, but I don't believe it's god in the sense of what people here think it is. So for me, no... I don't believe man made religion is correct, I believe it's an excuse to act like a sanctimonious ass to other people who don't believe the same way you do.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm
What will the Red suburbs do when the great divide happens and they need a passport and visa to enter the shithole city they used to work in? Kinda like the Gazans who for their 'freedom fighting' were locked out of their jobs in Israel. Would the Red suburbs throw in with the city anyway?
Citites enforcing actual border policies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You fucking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:30 pm

clubgop wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm
brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm
What will the Red suburbs do when the great divide happens and they need a passport and visa to enter the shithole city they used to work in? Kinda like the Gazans who for their 'freedom fighting' were locked out of their jobs in Israel. Would the Red suburbs throw in with the city anyway?
Citites enforcing actual border policies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You fucking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If they do that it will be the first time a Democrat defends borders...
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 pm

People who talk as religion is a shield hold no sway over me.
Except nobody is trying to hold sway over you, my beliefs are my business, I'm not trying to impose them on you,

So do you have an actual point relevant to me, or is this just an attack of Aspergers?

Who asked you about my beliefs ? Wasn't me. What business is it of yours ? None.

You're the one imposing your shit on me, not the other way round, fuckwit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:40 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 pm
You’re looking at the wrong guy.

It’s the Athiests who worship scientific proof, while also declaring “there is no god” without any.
;)

For me, the universe is sufficient evidence of a greater power. Like an ant viewing a kitchen, I can use my limited senses to deduce “There’s a lot of shit going on here that I know nothing about. But it’s organized, and I can find what I need here”.

If other ants want to believe the kitchen was always here, or that it cycles through poofing in and out of existence - cool. But if they want to ridicule me for believing the kitchen is designed by greater power .... well, then we’re going to dig a little deeper into their “eternal poofing kitchen” theory and see if I’m really dumber than they are.
I'm not looking at anyone.
As I said, one can hide in science or God if it helps.
I'm happy to just say I don't know.
I don't feel the need to hide.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.