THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:31 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:25 am
Everybody on Fox&Friends says its gonna be just like the 4th of July and the county fair at the same time.
Could bomb them without heavy losses to America, could be done, but it's not going have any lasting effects.

So Fox&Friends is right, you could have a big fireworks display for purely ceremonial purposes, live fire exercise.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:34 am

Some more of that sweet digital Keynesian juice for LMT makes a difference, tho, amirite?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:34 am
Some more of that sweet digital Keynesian juice for LMT makes a difference, tho, amirite?
Not really, operations cut into acquisition budget. Cold War is optimal, hot war is not.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 am

Basically Dutch Reagan had the right idea, build a massive military for space war, but then don't use it much.

Cold War to the Sea of Tranquility and Beyond, skip the hot war altogether.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 am

Taking the "I was talking rhetorically" cue, OK. The LMT jab was just a friendly poke.

I'll take the more general Smedley Butler approach and just observe that war is the health of the state.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 am
Taking the "I was talking rhetorically" cue, OK. The LMT jab was just a friendly poke.

I'll take the more general Smedley Butler approach and just observe that war is the health of the state.
America is a Starship, the Space Program is the military, the health of the future Hegenomy, is space war.

Inner space, outer space and cyberspace.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:46 am

If the US goes after Iran they should declare it a war on the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps only. Say it's not against the Iranian people, only the mullahs and the IRGC. Limit the scope.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:48 am

Ultimately the world is a threat to America, they are a threat to American freedom

They don't like America and they don't like American freedom.

So America cannot simply disarm and be a hippie peacenik country.

America simply has to leverage strategic power to go about its business unimpeded.

The trick is keeping that on the leash and not let it chase pygmies down every rabbit hole

Cold War is optimal, good for you, good for me, mmm good, mighty good, get some.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:03 am

Bear in mind that Manifest Destiny is manifest.

You can't stop it. It's not some sort of plot hatched in back rooms in Washington.

America is the Information Age Revolution and it is expanding inexorably.

This causes friction. There will be resistance.

The critical imperative is Freedom of Navigation.

Be that access to the sea, or access to space.

Otherwise, there's nothing these mooks can do to stop America from making the world America in the end.

It's Information War; can't kill an idea.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:07 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:48 am
Ultimately the world is a threat to America, they are a threat to American freedom

They don't like America and they don't like American freedom.

So America cannot simply disarm and be a hippie peacenik country.

America simply has to leverage strategic power to go about its business unimpeded.

The trick is keeping that on the leash and not let it chase pygmies down every rabbit hole

Cold War is optimal, good for you, good for me, mmm good, mighty good, get some.
When we had gofers in our yard down south, my grandfather used to take a 1/2 stick of dynamite, put in all the holes light them off and let the shockwave kill the damn things.

You don't need to chase them down every hole, you just need to make sure that whatever is in that hole doesn't come back out.
#NotOneRedCent