Another Liberal Concept Down

DrYouth

Re: Another Liberal Concept Down

Post by DrYouth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am
I would not be so naive and childish as to create such a scheme and I definitely would never post something like that seriously.

Anybody can create a graphic based on their ideology where they are near the top (the very top reserved only for the "saints" and yogis), and then put all the people they oppose near the bottom, as if it's all just some progression towards enlightenment. Boring.

I don't even have so much contempt for anybody that I would do some shit like that either. Not even planetary scientists and economists.
So you don't believe people can develop spiritually?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:29 am
The graphic implies increasing progression into Marxism.
Actually if you read him, you realize the top level before the gap isn't exactly a move forward.

He states explicitly that there are massive problems with post modernism/Marxism and Egalitarianism... one of them being that it is contradictory position to hold which simultaneously dismisses hierarchy while claiming to be at the peak of a hierarchy of knowledge...

He states that to transcend post modernism/Marxism, one must integrate all of the previous levels without rejecting any of them...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Dude, whoever the clown is, you should listen to me about philosophy.

p.s. Give me a link, I’ll go see how his life compares to mine?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:15 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am
I would not be so naive and childish as to create such a scheme and I definitely would never post something like that seriously.

Anybody can create a graphic based on their ideology where they are near the top (the very top reserved only for the "saints" and yogis), and then put all the people they oppose near the bottom, as if it's all just some progression towards enlightenment. Boring.

I don't even have so much contempt for anybody that I would do some shit like that either. Not even planetary scientists and economists.
So you don't believe people can develop spiritually?
No, I am against creating a pseudo-intellectual chart describing "spiritual development" in such a way that puts people who share my ideas at the top, and everybody else in descending orders of barbarism and de-evolution.

Progressive Pharisees.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Everybody wants to be the center of the universe which is where the concept of spirituality comes from: the subjective self-delusion that you control and understand all things. People want to think they have it in their DNA, not that wisdom comes from knowledge, experience & self-awareness, because those things require tremendous effort & time, and there’s lots of people with more than them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:15 pm
No, I am against creating a pseudo-intellectual chart describing "spiritual development" in such a way that puts people who share my ideas at the top, and everybody else in descending orders of barbarism and de-evolution.

Progressive Pharisees.
Except that's not what the chart is saying.

It's not better than... it's inclusive of.

Atoms include quarks... they are not better than quarks..
Like molecules include atoms... they are not better than atoms.
Like cells include molecules ... they are not better than molecules.
Etc.

Integral theory
It's a very cool theory.

After each gap the theory includes everything below it and rejects nothing... it simply includes it in a higher order construct.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

That is a hierarchy, dude.

It is like saying a neo-tribalist is a simpleton compared the average progressive.

I realize you all think like that implicitly, but I wonder if you truly see how silly it is.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm
That is a hierarchy, dude.
It's an integrative hierarchy rather than a power hierarchy... people have more intuitive experience with the latter than the former.