Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am

Speaking to a meeting of young members of her Christian Democrats (CDU), Merkel said allowing people of different cultural backgrounds to live side by side without integrating had not worked in a country that is home to some four million Muslims.

This (multicultural) approach has failed, utterly failed,” Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, south of Berlin.

Merkel faces pressure from within her CDU to take a tougher line on immigrants who don’t show a willingness to adapt to German society and her comments appeared intended to pacify her critics.

She said too little had been required of immigrants in the past and repeated her usual line that they should learn German in order to get by in school and have opportunities on the labour market.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germa ... ncJpbMP3Gc

You don't say..

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:13 am
Speaking to a meeting of young members of her Christian Democrats (CDU), Merkel said allowing people of different cultural backgrounds to live side by side without integrating had not worked in a country that is home to some four million Muslims.

This (multicultural) approach has failed, utterly failed,” Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, south of Berlin.

Merkel faces pressure from within her CDU to take a tougher line on immigrants who don’t show a willingness to adapt to German society and her comments appeared intended to pacify her critics.

She said too little had been required of immigrants in the past and repeated her usual line that they should learn German in order to get by in school and have opportunities on the labour market.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germa ... ncJpbMP3Gc

You don't say..

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:35 am

Oh what is she up for re-election? 16 years wasn't enough?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 am

Oh, now you're criticizing Germany and Britain? How very "smug, elitist and Ameriweenie" of you lot. So arrogant. Much elitism. So condescending. How dare you. *ha-rumph!* :snooty:

:whistle:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:20 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 am
NOISE

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:20 am
CLOSET-COMMIE ANKLE BITING.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am

BjornP wrote:
Oh, now you're criticizing Germany and Britain? How very "smug, elitist and Ameriweenie" of you lot. So arrogant. Much elitism. So condescending. How dare you. *ha-rumph!* :snooty:

Fuck off to your windmill with your clogs, chocolate boy.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:30 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 am
BjornP wrote:

Fuck off to your windmill with your clogs, chocolate boy.
Oh! I'm...I'm..s-s-sorry, sir, I didn't realize this was your free speech zone on Martin Hash's property, I'll just remove myself real qu...

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, what do you actually expect happens when saying shit like that, nuke? :doh: If you want me to get gone, take it up with the property owner. I don't answer to hurt feelings.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:33 am

I'm just fucking with you. I know the difference between the Netherlands and Denmark.