Game of Thrones - mostly

heydaralon

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:29 pm
I would like to see a fight between Kalisi's good dragon and the ice king's bad dragon. Maybe in the final episode...
Was there enough zombies for you this season ? Not enough Frankenstein though am I right ?
I would have liked to see bran sit in his wheelchair a bit more and say things. That was awesome when he was sitting under a tree.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon May 13, 2019 3:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:29 pm
I would like to see a fight between Kalisi's good dragon and the ice king's bad dragon. Maybe in the final episode...
Was there enough zombies for you this season ? Not enough Frankenstein though am I right ?
I would have liked to see bran sit in his wheelchair a bit more and say things. That was awesome when he was sitting under a tree.
The healthcare in the North is stellar.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:33 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm
Bronn is going to save Tyrion, he needs him alive to get Highgarden, and he's going to help Jon since Dany isn't going to give it to him, because of Tyrion's betrayal by letting his brother go.
Assuming of course his side wins.
Bronn always picks the best side to further his interests, that's kind of Bronn's thing. He knows when to switch sides, and he has a keen sense of who to bet on.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:25 pm
DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm
Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm
I think Tyrion is a goner.
Tyrion will join the conspiracy to kill the Mad Queen.....
But she has his eye on him now... so she may start killing suspected conspirators shortly and he will be high on that list...
The problem is she has only enemies now.
I have no guess as to where she's going next. If forced to guess, I would say she's going right for Tyrion, but no idea how she'd find him. He probably has no desire to find her or have her find him.

How did the guy who drank and knew things get so utterly stupid? There was zero lead up to that.
What's stupid though? He has a lot of faith and trust in people who demonstrate any sort of trust in people. He was always very focused, tunnel visioned even. He got Dany out of Merrian and across the narrow sea. He then convinced Dany to fight the army of the dead. And then he was focused on taking the city without collateral damage. He for his part, accomplished all those goals. What his goal is now, what does he fight for? I don't know.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 3:52 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 pm
Kath wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Tyrion will join the conspiracy to kill the Mad Queen.....
But she has his eye on him now... so she may start killing suspected conspirators shortly and he will be high on that list...
The problem is she has only enemies now.
I have no guess as to where she's going next. If forced to guess, I would say she's going right for Tyrion, but no idea how she'd find him. He probably has no desire to find her or have her find him.

How did the guy who drank and knew things get so utterly stupid? There was zero lead up to that.
What's stupid though? He has a lot of faith and trust in people who demonstrate any sort of trust in people. He was always very focused, tunnel visioned even. He got Dany out of Merrian and across the narrow sea. He then convinced Dany to fight the army of the dead. And then he was focused on taking the city without collateral damage. He for his part, accomplished all those goals. What his goal is now, what does he fight for? I don't know.
Well he didn't succeed at the without collateral damage part, considering that episode had the most collateral damage ever shown on GoT. All illusions about Dany being the right choice have to be gone right now, and if he cares at all about self preservation, he'll fully turn on her before she kills him.

Dany burning them all was pretty easy to see coming, and that turned what little allies she had left against her. Jon and Tyrion ain't on her side anymore after that, or that's some truly terrible writing if they still are.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Tyrions last good scene was where he crossbows his dad over that thot. Since then we've had 4 seasons of him being an unwitting pawn for femi-Marxism. Irl he would have been dead pretty fast back in the middle ages from congenital heart failure which dwarves are prone to get. Even modern medicine has its limits. I doubt that actor will be with us much longer. Nvrmind ppl with down syndrome die from the heart failure, but I've seen one or two gray haired ones and they are making new advances every day.
Shikata ga nai

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 3:58 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:52 pm
clubgop wrote:
Kath wrote:

Well he didn't succeed at the without collateral damage part, considering that episode had the most collateral damage ever shown on GoT. All illusions about Dany being the right choice have to be gone right now, and if he cares at all about self preservation, he'll fully turn on her before she kills him.
Well he did, as hand of the king he set the table, because she took a shit on that is not his failure. I believe he is done with her but I don't know what the next step is.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Turns out Dwarves do live on average 10 years less than the average person. So tyrion would indeed be dead from some weird health problem if this show attempted to realistically depict the middle ages.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 4:07 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 pm
Turns out Dwarves do live on average 10 years less than the average person. So tyrion would indeed be dead from some weird health problem if this show attempted to realistically depict the middle ages.
Well it's a fantasy show, so expecting a super realistic depiction of the middle ages down to the last detail was never going to happen.

I agree the Tyrion's character has gone way downhill ever since he shot Tywin.

The writers have run out of good material for him, it's pretty obvious and are resorting to undermining the part of his character that made him so compelling in the first place, by turning him from one of the most adept players in the game into a bumbling idiot who fucks up all the time.

Extremely poor use of Tyrion the last four seasons by this television show.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm

clubgop wrote:

He developed a serious case of the dumb. He trusted Cersei, dude, twice, and advised Dany she could trust her. Sansa telling him he developed a case of the dumb was epic. I love how they developed Sansa. I miss drink-and-know-things Tyrion. No-clue Tyrion is hard to watch.

He sold out Varys. That was dumb. How could he not see it when one of his most trusted friends laid it all out for him?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?