Climate Denier Hard To Refute

Montegriffo

Re: Climate Denier Hard To Refute

Post by Montegriffo » Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Lots.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm
Lots.
Now there is the specificity that you are renowned for. Thanks!

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Well, you could have looked it up for yourself rather than let me do it and then discredit the source but here you go...
This bandwidth analysis report was conducted to assist the ITP Mining R&D program in identifying energy-saving opportunities in coal, metals, and mineral mining. These opportunities were analyzed in key mining processes of blasting, dewatering, drilling, digging, ventilation, materials handling, crushing, grinding, and separations.1The U.S. mining industry (excluding oil & gas) consumes approximately 1,246 Trillion Btu/year (TBtu/yr). This bandwidth analysis estimates that investments in state-of-the-art equipment and further research could reduce energy consumption to 579 TBtu/yr (Exhibit 1). There exists a potential to save a total of 667 TBtu/yr – 258 TBtu/yr by implementing best practices and an additional 409 TBtu/yr from R&D that improves mining technologies. Additionally, the CO2 emission reduction achievable from total practical energy savings is estimated to be 40.6 million tonnes
https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files ... dwidth.pdf
That's just coal extraction and processing without transportation never mind the pollution and CO2 released when burning it.

Presumably, you were going to make some clever point about the energy used to make solar panels and wind generators...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Naa. I would rather you pretend you even have the slightest inkling that you know what you are talking about. Fact is that you don't know shit and neither do I. Difference is that I don't pretend to know.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:26 pm
Naa. I would rather you pretend you even have the slightest inkling that you know what you are talking about. Fact is that you don't know shit and neither do I. Difference is that I don't pretend to know.
Now there's an interesting argument...

I'm clueless, so you must be too.

Everybody knows nothing.... end of argument.

Self defeating but creative.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 am

May be the most accurate argument ever made, though.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri May 10, 2019 8:54 am

Assuming an opponent's ignorance is, erm, ignorant.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:54 am
Assuming an opponent's ignorance is, erm, ignorant.
But assuming humanity's ignorance..

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 10, 2019 11:02 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:54 pm
Haumana wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Do you know how much fossil fuel is going to be required to go green and supplement the shortfalls of green energy ? Are you for or against nuclear energy?
Obviously, he's against it, it's too common sense to use it and get away from energy dependency...
Oh goody, another person here to tell me what I think.
Am I wrong? If so how? And be careful, people will call you out on it pretty damned quickly here.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:02 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Obviously, he's against it, it's too common sense to use it and get away from energy dependency...
Oh goody, another person here to tell me what I think.
Am I wrong? If so how? And be careful, people will call you out on it pretty damned quickly here.
Yes you are. I am not against nuclear power in the short term.