Game of Thrones - mostly

clubgop

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by clubgop » Tue May 07, 2019 5:01 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Its just filler man. Pure filler. Fan pleasing meet ups. Boring stories with quick gotcha resolutions. By far the worst season.
I was OK with one episode of reunions and such, but now I'm tending to agree with you that the season sucks. Battle of Winterfell wasn't even worth a rewatch, a lot of bumbling and grunting in the dark.

Was Robb the only fucking good battle commander anyone but the Lannisters ever had in this war? The rest suck, including Jon. Every battle Danaerys or Jon have won has been by luck. But for the dragon they should have lost the attack on the loot wagons, formed up disciplined troops should have held off light cavalry easily.
Bullshit.
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 pm
Without Capps to tell us how good a show is and Fife to tell us whether something is funny or not I don't know what we would do.
I guess we would just have to make our own minds up and nobody wants that hassle.
If only we had someone who could tell us what is morally acceptable and what is degenerate...
That's your policy on hate speech. Without the elite telling us to be offended or not how do we know what speech to prosecute? Tell us how that is any different.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm
There are actually no good shows on television right now. Zero.
Not true. Unless you mean broadcast, then I don't know. Bu there's been some stellar cable and Netflix shows recently.

Monte, my response to that kind of robbery pricing on a series more than a decade old is bittorrent.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Meh, not worth £80 of my money.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:05 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm
There are actually no good shows on television right now. Zero.
Not true. Unless you mean broadcast, then I don't know. Bu there's been some stellar cable and Netflix shows recently.

Monte, my response to that kind of robbery pricing on a series more than a decade old is bittorrent.
What is bittorrent? Is that some sort of pirating site?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm
There are cheaper ways, god damn piracy, brewster knows. I have a Crave TV so I watch it on that, don't think you get that in UK though, could be wrong. Watching a Game 7, got no time to look that up right now, puck drops a coming.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:09 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:06 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm
There are cheaper ways, god damn piracy, brewster knows. I have a Crave TV so I watch it on that, don't think you get that in UK though, could be wrong. Watching a Game 7, got no time to look that up right now, puck drops a coming.
You're not suggesting that I break the law are you?

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:09 pm
You're not suggesting that I break the law are you?
I consider it civil disobedience to pressure the industry into more rational pricing structure than $2.60/hr for old TV. I happily subscribe to Netflix even though I could pirate it's stuff too, it's a rational pricing structure. The whole telecom industry is utterly out of control. There's people paying monthly numbers approaching their rent for their broadband, cable and cell service. Fuck that. I pay $10/mo for my cell service.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm

It is stealing. Monty is being honest.

People put a lot of capital and labor into producing those services. They might be HIV positive, but that does not justify stealing from them.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm
People put a lot of capital and labor into producing those services.
Yes, no doubt. And they deserve to have their product marketed honestly, rather than sold as part of bamboozling packages designed to make people pay for things they don't want or need. Ex: Millions of people uninterested in sports are forced into paying for ESPN as a condition of getting HBO or other premium services. So the subscription or "ala carte" service is overpriced to make those seem like a better deal than they are, since no one wants to have 6 different subscriptions because at that point they might as well buy the bundle.

The game is rigged, heads they win, tails we lose. Now Disney is pulling all their content out of Netflix and starting their own streaming service, so to get the same stuff you got from one fee you'll now have to pay twice. Rinse the cash out of the customer and repeat, but I won't play.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 pm
People put a lot of capital and labor into producing those services.
Yes, no doubt. And they deserve to have their product marketed honestly, rather than sold as part of bamboozling packages designed to make people pay for things they don't want or need. Ex: Millions of people uninterested in sports are forced into paying for ESPN as a condition of getting HBO or other premium services. So the subscription or "ala carte" service is overpriced to make those seem like a better deal than they are, since no one wants to have 6 different subscriptions because at that point they might as well buy the bundle.

The game is rigged, heads they win, tails we lose. Now Disney is pulling all their content out of Netflix and starting their own streaming service, so to get the same stuff you got from one fee you'll now have to pay twice. Rinse the cash out of the customer and repeat, but I won't play.
What a whiny bitch. Everything is like that. You ever buy a book? Photos?

And you're racist, you think ESPN would suffer? Your low T ass is severely outnumbered. What would go is your BETs, W's, OWN, SJW shit like that. You would be begging for the packages back, bitch.