Game of Thrones - mostly

heydaralon

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by heydaralon » Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:41 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:39 pm
I'm sorry man, I know you like the show and I'm not trying to start anything, but it has flatlined for years. We can't be in denial about this much as we love Benihoff and Weiss. They are solid dudes, and their social justice credentials are impressive, but they just didn't have enough strong female characters man. Its not fair to the women who work on set and don't even get acknowledged.
The show has bounced back in the final season, thus far, and returned to it's old form in the first four seasons, unless they fuck the ending up, that isn't going change. You're right about it going downhill in the previous three seasons, but this season is not an extension of that trend, at least to this point. You just want this season to suck, and are tunnel visioning only on what you perceive to be negatives, you aren't seeing it clearly.

If you really don't like the show as much as you claim, there is no point in continuing to watch it. So why would put yourself through it if you think the show is as bad as you say? Fallacy of sunk costs?
Its called hate watching and it is a legitimate activity. And yeah there are like 2 eps left. I'm going to finish it up and feel validated that I knew it was gonna suck. If Jon kills Dany that would be cool, but only if he dies as well. I want Cersei to win.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Too many good shows on tv to waste time hate watching dude, your priorities are weird. At this point they could nail the landing and you'd still think it sucked and feel validated, you should just quit, unless you are embellishing your hate just to troll people.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Its just filler man. Pure filler. Fan pleasing meet ups. Boring stories with quick gotcha resolutions. By far the worst season.
I was OK with one episode of reunions and such, but now I'm tending to agree with you that the season sucks. Battle of Winterfell wasn't even worth a rewatch, a lot of bumbling and grunting in the dark.

Was Robb the only fucking good battle commander anyone but the Lannisters ever had in this war? The rest suck, including Jon. Every battle Danaerys or Jon have won has been by luck. But for the dragon they should have lost the attack on the loot wagons, formed up disciplined troops should have held off light cavalry easily.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 3:24 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Its just filler man. Pure filler. Fan pleasing meet ups. Boring stories with quick gotcha resolutions. By far the worst season.
I was OK with one episode of reunions and such, but now I'm tending to agree with you that the season sucks. Battle of Winterfell wasn't even worth a rewatch, a lot of bumbling and grunting in the dark.

Was Robb the only fucking good battle commander anyone but the Lannisters ever had in this war? The rest suck, including Jon. Every battle Danaerys or Jon have won has been by luck. But for the dragon they should have lost the attack on the loot wagons, formed up disciplined troops should have held off light cavalry easily.
How do you even know Rob was a good commander aside from characters claiming it? They barely even showed any of his battles, how do you know that he simply wasn't getting lucky because of Lannister incompetence? Your attachment to smart military strategy is not what made the show great, you are just hung up on completely unimportant things and letting it ruin the show for you.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Without Capps to tell us how good a show is and Fife to tell us whether something is funny or not I don't know what we would do.
I guess we would just have to make our own minds up and nobody wants that hassle.
If only we had someone who could tell us what is morally acceptable and what is degenerate...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 pm
Without Capps to tell us how good a show is and Fife to tell us whether something is funny or not I don't know what we would do.
I guess we would just have to make our own minds up and nobody wants that hassle.
If only we had someone who could tell us what is morally acceptable and what is degenerate...
You chirp, but I turned you onto The Wire, so you're welcome.

In the end, the people who listen to me end up watching better television than they would have had they never met me. I turned Kath unto DS9, and now it's her favorite Star Trek series.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm
Too many good shows on tv to waste time hate watching dude, your priorities are weird. At this point they could nail the landing and you'd still think it sucked and feel validated, you should just quit, unless you are embellishing your hate just to troll people.
There are actually no good shows on television right now. Zero.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 4:53 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm
There are actually no good shows on television right now. Zero.
Killing Eve is airing right now, but I'm waiting until the season is done to binge it, hopefully it didn't fall off, the first season was dope, one of the best shows on tv last year, hope they can keep that magic going, a little worried they can't.

I hear Barry is good, been meaning to check that out, falling behind a little on my tv watching because of the NHL Playoffs, Go Avs.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue May 07, 2019 4:56 pm

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

In the end, the people who listen to me end up watching better television than they would have had they never met me. I turned Kath unto DS9, and now it's her favorite Star Trek series.
The wire is ok but it's not good enough for me to pay £20 each for the last 4 series.
I'm just going to wait until Amazon offers it for free in a few years time.
Best TV show ever is an overstatement in my opinion.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:56 pm
StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

The wire is ok but it's not good enough for me to pay £20 each for the last 4 series.
I'm just going to wait until Amazon offers it for free in a few years time.
Best TV show ever is an overstatement in my opinion.
You got to watch more than the first season before you realize it. It's a slow burn, but's in the end it's easily top 3 greatest tv drama of all time, I personally have it number two.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*