Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Tue May 07, 2019 7:18 am

California wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 am
People really are stupid.
If men are pissed that it's too pro-women and women are pissed that's it's too anti-women, it means they are doing something right.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 am

"pro-woman"

LMFAO

There is nothing pro-woman about SocJus. That garbage dishonors women and strips women of agency and recognition for achievements.

Again, imagine if they did that to male characters. Imagine they cast small, weak men to fill roles of larger, strong men. It would be a joke if they did that to men. They put all sorts of anti-male propaganda on television these days, but they don't even stoop so low in that respect as they do with women.

This feminism bullshit is like affirmative action for basic bitches. Women that actually achieve physical prowess and capabilities are dishonored by it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 07, 2019 7:45 am

These women are not even cast to realistically fill these characters. They are cast based on their tit size and how much they conform to fucked up beauty model standards set by the fashion industry. It's really hilarious, but also sad in that it just constantly tells women they don't need to apply themselves to succeed. Just being a woman is sufficient.

I would hate it if they did that to men.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 07, 2019 8:23 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:18 am
California wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 am
People really are stupid.
If men are pissed that it's too pro-women and women are pissed that's it's too anti-women, it means they are doing something right.
I'm watching... they have my attention...

This is an artifact of our times however it came to pass.

And as an artifact of our times there will be legions polarized and ranting on the internetz.

GOT will walk away with tons of $$$$ because of it.... that's an accomplished fact no matter what happens next.

The outstanding question is whether they can close the deal and also have told a story worth telling.

If they can do that.... I will bend the knee.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 am

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:23 am
The outstanding question is whether they can close the deal and also have told a story worth telling.
Since the main plot forward motion in the entire hour and a half occurred during this stupid ass sea battle, I'm going to say no. They're out of ideas how to close this out believably.

I realized I hated this episode for the same reason I hate Marvel movies. I can suspend disbelief for a guy in a flying suit, a guy who heals magically with a indestructible skeleton, or a fire breathing dragon. But everything else around them better fucking make sense, and not defy the laws of gravity or logic!

If scorpions were the ultimate ship-to-ship offensive weapon, they would have been a significant technology in our history. But they weren't. By the time you would have gotten it reloaded your enemy would be aboard cutting your people apart. This is what happened to muzzle loading cannon armed ships who were too slow in reloading, and they had dozens of weapons on a side.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 am

California wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 am
I'm much more attracted to women like Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Ew. Why? Chick fighters who get boob jobs are fucking weird.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:45 am
These women are not even cast to realistically fill these characters. They are cast based on their tit size and how much they conform to fucked up beauty model standards set by the fashion industry. It's really hilarious, but also sad in that it just constantly tells women they don't need to apply themselves to succeed. Just being a woman is sufficient.

I would hate it if they did that to men.
Definitely not the case, except for the red woman, and prostitutes, they didn't really do that. All the main female characters were clearly not chosen based on breast size, or beauty model standards. Other shows are far more guilty in this regard than GoT.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 am
California wrote:
There's a shitload of them that do.

I have no issue with boob jobs
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am

California wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am
StCapps wrote:
California wrote:

Fake boobs are lame, especially on fighters weighing themselves down with superfluous breast implants. Not a fan of her theatrics either, she overdoes it. Fun fighter though.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 07, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 07, 2019 9:27 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:26 am
California wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am
StCapps wrote:

Fake boobs are lame. Not a fan of her theatrics either, she overdoes it. Fun fighter though.
Yeah the McGregor shit she tries to pull is pretty comical. Especially with the Polish accent
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session