Game of Thrones - mostly

Montegriffo

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm
This is without a doubt the worst season of television I have ever seen.... Horrible. And this is coming from the guy who said season 7 was unwatchable as were season 6 and 5.
You sound like the customer who complains that his food was inedible as he pushes the empty plate across the table.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 06, 2019 3:33 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 pm
If it makes for interesting TV, gender is irrelevant, better than making gender super relevant and it not making interesting TV.
They are making gender super relevant... don't doubt it.
But it is fascinating... like a traffic accident you can't take your eyes off.
So I'll keep watching...
They still have a chance to pull this off.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm
This is without a doubt the worst season of television I have ever seen.... Horrible. And this is coming from the guy who said season 7 was unwatchable as were season 6 and 5.
You sound like the customer who complains that his food was inedible as he pushes the empty plate across the table.
If he really thinks it's THAT bad, he should stop watching.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm
You are both right, it's a cuck move that was necessary to save the living, it's not one or the other, it's both.
Sorry - your extremely broad definition of the word cuck makes Winston Churchill a cuck. 'Aint a guy on this forum would have the nerve to say that to his face, so you are all cucks.

Cuck-a-doodle-cock
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm
You are both right, it's a cuck move that was necessary to save the living, it's not one or the other, it's both.
Sorry - your extremely broad definition of the word cuck makes Winston Churchill a cuck. 'Aint a guy on this forum would have the nerve to say that to his face, so you are all cucks.

Cuck-a-doodle-cock
Churchill is a cuck, and a warmongering asshole, and if he was still alive I would say it to his face, given a decent opportunity. Easily the most overrated leader in the 20th Century.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 4:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:59 pm
Churchill is a cuck, and a warmongering asshole, and if he was still alive I would say it to his face, given a decent opportunity. Easily the most overrated leader in the 20th Century.
So every man in the history of the world who has bowed to a Queen is a cuck? Only the cuckiest of the cucky males would say such nonsense. Smitty would bow to QEII. Have you informed Smitty that he's a cuck? I dare ya.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 pm

It's not that women are incapable of heroic feats. It is that they keep casting weak actresses to play strong female characters.

Imagine if we did that for strong male characters. A noodle-armed weak actor to play a heroic tough guy. That only works when you are specifically casting for a character that wins by skill and deception (like Tim Roth's character in Rob Roy).

I see strong women almost every day working out and they inspire me. Then I turn on all this SocJus cancer on television and what I see dishonors strong women.

If they did this to strong male characters it would be such a fucking joke too. Seriously consider how insulting it would be if they cast Elijah Wood as whatever character Jason Mamoa plays. Mamoa puts a lot of work into getting that huge and intimidating. Imagine if they essentially said any man who just attempts to get big (and fails) is every bit as good.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 06, 2019 5:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:21 pm
Oooh.. Brewster reminded me a good example of proper casting. The series Expanse cast the perfect actress to play the female Martian marine..

THAT was good casting.
Well in the case of GoT, the assassin chick started the show as a little kid who was just learning how to fight, so maybe cut them some slack on the fact that she doesn't look the part almost a decade later. They cast a 6'3" chick as the other warrior, so not sure what your beef is there either. Those are the only two ass kicking female characters in whole show at this point.
How is that an excuse? Women don't have access to gyms and fitness trainers?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon May 06, 2019 5:36 pm

arya is cool, i don't hate so much that she got the kill against the night king, it was merely the method that rolled my eyes

the knife flip in this video is pretty slick

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 6:12 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:36 pm
arya is cool, i don't hate so much that she got the kill against the night king, it was merely the method that rolled my eyes
It's like many things in GOT. That was a move she did when sparring with Brienne at Winterfell.