Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Mon May 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Cool cameo. I didn't pick up on it.

Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:21 pm
Oooh.. Brewster reminded me a good example of proper casting. The series Expanse cast the perfect actress to play the female Martian marine..

THAT was good casting.
Well in the case of GoT, the assassin chick started the show as a little kid who was just learning how to fight, so maybe cut them some slack on the fact that she doesn't look the part almost a decade later. They cast a 6'3" chick as the other warrior, so not sure what your beef is there either. Those are the only two ass kicking female characters in whole show at this point.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm
Is that a disposable coffee cup?
Don't they care about the environment?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:49 pm
Don't they care about the environment?
Who cares?
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm
The work "cuck" is so ridiculously overused on this forum that anytime I see the word, I tune out. You see Jon as a cuck because he did what it took to make sure the land was available for the living in the long term. I see that as a leadership quality, not a flaw.

You seem to be saying that Jon would only NOT be a cuck if he let the dead take over. That's an odd position to take. Jon fights the dead without Dany's armies. Series is over after episode 3. The dead rule, now. End story. I can't think of a shittier ending.
Watch the video StA posted or look at my list of males vs females in GOT from earlier in this thread...
It's not all about Jon.
But during this last episode Jon cucked out to Danaerys when she insists on going immediately to King's Landing rather than resting the troops.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:02 pm
Kath wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm
The work "cuck" is so ridiculously overused on this forum that anytime I see the word, I tune out. You see Jon as a cuck because he did what it took to make sure the land was available for the living in the long term. I see that as a leadership quality, not a flaw.

You seem to be saying that Jon would only NOT be a cuck if he let the dead take over. That's an odd position to take. Jon fights the dead without Dany's armies. Series is over after episode 3. The dead rule, now. End story. I can't think of a shittier ending.
Watch the video StA posted or look at my list of males vs females in GOT from earlier in this thread...
It's not all about Jon.
But during this last episode Jon cucked out to Danaerys when she insists on going immediately to King's Landing rather than resting the troops.
You are both right, it's a cuck move that was necessary to save the living, it's not one or the other, it's both.

Jon did cuck out to try and show Dany there is no need to be so insecure, we got your back with the charge into King's Landing instead of waiting plan. Her insecurity is leading her to madness, which is creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of everyone turning on her to go with Jon or Cersei if she doesn't seize the Iron Throne really soon, hence her rush. She's doing it to her herself, but she'll blame Jon, she's not going to look in the mirror, if it happens, she's going to lash out.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm
You are both right, it's a cuck move that was necessary to save the living, it's not one or the other, it's both.

Jon did cuck out to try and show Dany there is no need to be so insecure, we got your back. Her insecurity is leading her to madness, which is creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of everyone turning on her to go with Jon. She's doing it to her herself, but she'll blame Jon, if it happens.
The relationship between Jon and Danaerys has to be this way to set up the tension... I'll give you that Capps.

But as to the video that StA posted... why the rest of the show has to list so overwhelmingly towards female empowerment and male disempowerment is not clear at all...

But it is making for interesting TV... maybe not for the reasons the writers intended... but I'm fascinated about this artifact of our times.
Last edited by DrYouth on Mon May 06, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm

This is without a doubt the worst season of television I have ever seen.... Horrible. And this is coming from the guy who said season 7 was unwatchable as were season 6 and 5.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Jon did cuck out to try and show Dany there is no need to be so insecure, we got your back. Her insecurity is leading her to madness, which is creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of everyone turning on her to go with Jon. She's doing it to her herself, but she'll blame Jon, if it happens.
The relationship between Jon and Danaerys has to be this way to set up the tension... I'll give you that Capps.

But as to the video that StA posted... why the rest of the show has to list so overwhelmingly towards female empowerment and male disempowerment is not clear at all...

But it is making for interesting TV... maybe not for the reasons the writers intended... but I'm fascinated about this artifact of our times.
If it makes for interesting TV, gender is irrelevant, better than making gender super relevant and it not making interesting TV.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm
This is without a doubt the worst season of television I have ever seen.... Horrible. And this is coming from the guy who said season 7 was unwatchable as were season 6 and 5.
So far it's been a solid season, you are being a ridiculous GoT hater dude. This season is easily better than Season 5-Season 7, and unless they seriously fuck the ending up, that isn't going to change. If they nail the last two episodes, it's one of better seasons of GoT, up there with the first four seasons.
*yip*